• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Benzofuran analogues of Tryptamines (e.g. 5-MeO-BFE)

Ok it's the morning after and I'm still a little wonky, this stuff seems to have a fairly long duration but probably not longer than aMT. I'll reiiterate that it made things pretty funny last night, even late into the night. I was watching tv for a bit before I slept (had trouble with that lol) and shows that were funny were hilarious, and shows that were serious seemed to be a bit more serious. I haven't had a comedic trip like that in a long time, especially by myself.

I felt like I was on the verge of getting visuals but never quite broke through. Maybe I should have smoked some grass, but I was too focused on other things I guess. I thought to myself about 4 AM, damn if I smoked I might be rolling on the floor laughing... so since I was wanting to sleep soon I passed.

I'm not sure about prosexual effects though. I was really too focused on the gastric issues/minor discomfort to care about that I guess, so if there were a way to separate them (possibly it could be freebased) perhaps it could be useful for sex situations but if not I am not sure. Maybe if I hadn't ate Chinese the night before I would have felt better?

Regarding handling I found it easiest to just cut the corner of the bag out so that the blob has plastic on both sides, and then use a knife to slice off small pieces and rip the plastic off those. I advise having some kind of ethanol-based hand cleaner around so you can get the bitter odor off your fingertips.

It is certainly worth a go if you want to try something new. I can see where a lot of people would like it, especially if you have an iron stomach.

^I would still want to confirm the identity of the substance before I ingested any though. It could be anything. If I had a sample of this, the first thing I would do would be to send it off for chemical analysis. I don't understand why you are so against that either.

Until then, I am skeptical as to whether it is actually 5-MeO-BFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I mean you can't really qualitatively gauge whether or not this is 5-MeO-BFE; you don't have any reference standard, you've never tried real, confirmed 5-MeO-BFE before!

Well I've never seen anything like it and it certainly had a unique feel, and it has tryptamine-like characteristics. If it is something else, then it is probably acid bundled up in some strange red goop- which I am more than ok with. Remember, some of us are more willing to experiment than others.

However I never said I was against sending a sample off, it is just that I have never used a service like this before and frankly just don't want to deal with it.

Some services might not want to deal with it either: it is a sticky insoluble glob. Sending off a "sample" might mean sending off something crazy like 0.5-1 grams just so they can mess with it and get it soluble for a liquid-phase analytical technique. Who knows they might screw up the HPLC separation, it could foul their column or clog capillaries. There are lot of reasons people would say no or screw analyzing this stuff up.

But if you are so interested, then get your own sample and send it to whoever.

Until then, I think it is the real deal based on my experienced qualitative judgement. :)

Got 250 mgs of this cham as a sample today. Red/orange jellyish, gum/sticky thing. Haven't read the whole threde. But anyone know the ca dosage and if it's possible to just eat it, chopped up or just a piece of it? Or do you have to smoke it?

I'm on valium and risperidrone for medication, guess the risperidrone will block something and make it less potent.

I'm on valium and risperidrone for medication, guess the risperidrone will block something and make it less potent.

Forget it. It will block the effects of the 5-MeO-BFE, unfortunately. (assuming 5-MeO-BFE is a 5-HT2a receptor agonist psychedelic)

Got some of this for reagent testing purposes using the ampoule ones

bfe.png

using non ampoule versions marquis looks like coffee, mecke looks rusty red brown (similar to any of the tryptamines in theazo's reagent testing thread or to the 2C-T-7), mandelin looks just like the stuff had dissolved in it.

here's the marquis image the others I tried getting a useful image of them but couldn't do the colours justice. top left was marquis on it's own the ampoule is the same as the one in the above image

5meobfemarquiscopy.jpg

the actual stuff was a reddish resiny substance.

Last edited:
if you read the study sited on the wiki page Benzofuran bioisosteres of hallucinogenic tryptamines

they synthed the 5-meo-dmt and 5-meo-amt benzofuran analogues and studied compared to the originals. it seem the are less potent but hit all the same 5HT sites. very interesting times we live in.

wont be till thursday that i'll be able to sample it, but, it came in today, looks the same as others described, orange goo

im interested to see what this is.. anyone gonna send this off to ecstasydata.org to get tested or anywhere else for purity? orange goo doesn't sound like a good thing to ingest. Never heard of a pure RC before that wasn't either crystalline or liquid but im far from knowledgeable on the appearance of substances based on their molecular structure.

im interested to see what this is.. anyone gonna send this off to ecstasydata.org to get tested or anywhere else for purity? orange goo doesn't sound like a good thing to ingest. Never heard of a pure RC before that wasn't either crystalline or liquid but im far from knowledgeable on the appearance of substances based on their molecular structure.

While I second the testing, I can tell you that 4-AcO-MiPT was like this when it first came out because it was very hygroscopic (it sucked in the moisture from the surrounding air) and it was still quite good.

I've seen aMT that turned into a sticky mess that reminded me of grey sticky-tac and it was still great.

Its likely unstable and needs to have experimentation with different salts to find the right one.

I wonder what the appearance is of properly washed/extracted producted turned into fumarate salt.

wont be till thursday that i'll be able to sample it, but, it came in today, looks the same as others described, orange goo

had a dream that he took a picture of the Synonym: 5-meo-bfe. I do not know how to upload pictures but i will as soon as some one tells me. :D

Smell/ odor: Chemical, factory, strange.
Color: Orangeish-brown
texture: Gooey, sludge, sticky.
Cat said in dream experience was closely related to Mdma+psilocybin, Visual distortion, sense of well being, Energized, could chat with mates all day n night. Trouble sleeping, effects last 5+- hours.
Dose: around 50-70mg orally

Last edited:
Welcome to PD / BL!

Please don't refer to your cat, it doesn't help in any way and we don't have a rule that requires you to do this or say SWIM. Instead we have a rule against such things. It's all mythical bullshit anyway. ;) thank you.

Does this material smell floral like DMT?
Interesting that it is active orally. Probably lots more potent when vaped.

You can upload pictures for example by creating an account at Photobucket, dragging a pic file into the box when you have an account; and using the direct link from there combined with the "insert image" function in the reply box here. Tinypic used to be great but apparently now requires payment. Be aware that pics may be traced back to you anyway but all the more if they are geotagged like they are in most smartphones. It would take a program to remove the geotag, though there might be an option in the phone.
Then again this compound is not illegal anywhere AFAIK so there shouldn't be a problem. Just remember for future reference. Not that we like people posting pics of huge stashes and such anyway. There's the usual cases of drug use, and there is real incrimination ;)

Reading our rules couldn't hurt. But just telling you all this FYI, since you asked about pics.

the smell yes, you cannot forget THAT smell!
And i was astounded at the very fact it is active orally w/o a maoi! I feel we are at a horizon of something spectacular.

ate ~50 mg to very little effect slight tryptamine feelig but no visuals, ive had n,n dmt a couple times, lsd maybe 4-5 times and shrooms too many times to count including a 10g trip with total ego loss (kinda scary but at the same time i was ready to trip, shoulda kust taken 4g, but ehhh), and freaking lost the other half sometime when i was going to smoke once my mg scale comes in from dx.

Old thread, but there should be a revival of Dimemebfe very soon. Keep your eyes open!