• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos benzo withdrawal- prescription taken away after two decades. how to deal??

Thank you for all this info, taking it all in and thank you for the positivity as well considering all you have said and your wealth of knowledge and experience. Just curious how long did it take u to find a new doctor/prescription?
Hey, I had a good idea, I was told by @AutoTripper that kava multiplies the effects of benzos, so if you bought that, you could make the stash of benzos you have left last twice as long, also kava would probably help the withdrawals in it’s own way as well

You said she’s in Ssri withdrawal right? If you gave her low dose dxm (mucinex, delsym,ect) it would probably help with that, dxm has Sri effects, and their pretty potent too. Also the nmda antagonism will probably help with the benzo withdrawal. Just be aware that if you push the dose too high, she’ll start tripping. As long as you stay below 100-200 mg a day(depending on her sensitivity) Andy spread out the doses, she should be fine

Some white people are deficient in a key enzyme involved in breaking down dxm called CYP2D6( I think) if she is, it would be much stronger for her and last longer than a normal person, so maybe give her 20 mg the first day, and wait a couple hours to see how she reacts

Black seed oil also has weak Sri effects

Turmeric is a weak maoi, which could help with antidepressant withdrawals, but if you take that, don’t take the dxm, pick one or the other

Red vein kratom would probably help too, and might be a better long term anxiety/depression medicine than benzos. Plus, it doesn’t show up on drug tests, neither does the dxm.

Exactly how many pills do you have left?

Last edited:
Hey, I had a good idea, I was told by @AutoTripper that kava multiplies the effects of benzos, so if you bought that, you couldn’t make the stash of benzos you have left last twice as long
It's maybe unlikely to quantify in that way precisely, although I think it could. With measure, approach and discipline.

But yes, it's certainly the case, benzos are a way bigger, stronger, quantatively and qualitatively thing for me, with ample kava alongside them.

Atm.

Like, I took 10 mg's etiz today.

Just had two strong kava shots half hour ago.

After a 5 hour kava break after 50 grams heavy sedating fijian returned me to sleep earlier.

So, now, kava is effectively bringing up the benzos in my system, preventing release.

It's such a pleasant synergy, the level of anxiolsis, euphoria and to watch (AutoTripper lol) total disinhibition, it can be addictive.

So as in my case, I exploited the potentiating to get maximum wasted.

But yes, the more normal sensible person, maybe could use kava, to stretch benzos, require/depend less.

Ideally...abandon!

I'm not a normal "case".

It's shameful the quants of each I use daily with this factor in mind.

Like 100 grams Kava daily at mo, 10-16 mg's Etiz.

Which on paper, IME, is equiv to 125-200+ mg's Diazepam.

Lots daily, sustained, itself.

Plus kava x at keast 1.5, or at 2 = 250-400+ mg's Diazepam daily!

My accidental OD's, guessing possible 35 mg's, loaded with kava....

700 mg's Diazepam possibly, effectively.

Has people heard recounts of such benzo doses?

Apart from blackouts, dangerous sleepwalking, last time severe injury by accident- back break plus even worse internal injuries...it's just a messy experience.

But 700 mg's Diazepam, lots weed etc. is a serious dose of drugs for any body, right?

If this is for recreational purposes be prepared to be underwhelmed or lower you expectations. This shit merely induces sleep and acts for a period of three hours by which it is hoped that your body has taken over naturally. But this shit is also well known to have people doing the strangest of things. There are more than one rather amusing g posts around here. Just search for Zolpidem. I recall somebody cooking up an entire batch of things that resembled pop tarts and not remembering doing it until the next morning. Also personally knew some person who thought it was a good idea to take them to tide them over during a long haul international flight, mixed with some drinks, started making shit with passengers and cabin crew alike, and was promptly arrested upon arrival. Never remembered anything of what transpired on the flight.

The good news: because they are so short acting and with a short half life: no hangover from them the next day unlike Benzos. Or booze. They’re from the “z-drug” class. I got more than one post around here about this shit and how they compare to Benzos. Pharmacologically speaking. But I am pretty sure that if you look hard enough around these parts you’ll find somebody that will swear that they’re the shit. You know that thing i.e. where there’s a will there’s a way I suppose.

Sorry. Not my intention to spoil the fun before it’s even started. Guess it depends on a person’s definition of fun!

My only serious piece of HR advice with these things: you get in bed and take them while in bed. Then turn in and try make your best effort to get comfortable and make out like you’re wanting to sleep. And although you shouldn’t drink alcohol with any Benzos. these probably the worst to combine with booze for the reasons Ii have given above.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow in the morning.
Fk z-drugs, nothing like my daily clonazzz brah.

Your point being?
Because I could genuinely expand on that, make clearer.

It isn't so clear cut, on face, even to me though.

Thinking, context etc.

I'm sure you sometimes mis take where I am coming from on something.

With respect.

Shilajit! Look it up. I believe, unique potential to massively aid brain, cognition, emotions, in ways that can help very balancingly to gradually, incrementally mitigate drug dependance and need.

Another huge wealth of knowledge and experience, I appreciate it so greatly <3 a lot to process and a lot to consider. Im going to share all this info with her immediately and the facts and reasons are staggering… overall would you say be it your mom or yourself.. do u think it’s best to stay on this medication throughout life or to go off of it? I’m just wondering what is even best.. her being 50 it feels like it’s not the best case for her body to adjust to, let alone her mind rn as she’s going through so much more as im sure u know from yours :(
I went through it myself, at 37. Was 9 mos of absolute hell, and worth every single part of it. Your mom is 50. the reality is - if she stays on this dose of clonaz, she might have trouble remembering who you are in 10 years. What is your memory worth, is the question? To me, i'd do anything not to go out like that, and regardless - the second she does show any senility/dementia (if this is not already part of why her rx was pulled) they will do it to her then, when she's older. I've been trying to get this across to my mother as well. It's awful.

Report to who? Im so sorry if you mentioned it already am a bit overwhelmed
report to the insurance. Tell them the previous doc put your mother into a life threatening situation, you would like to report them for that and seek new provider.

You can order benzos on the dark web. Cheap too. Can't give details here but you should be able to figure it out.
should absolutely not do this. The ones available are super long acting, potent in micrograms (mostly) with no verification of what they actually are, and you would be stuck compounding doses, which is hard with something that potent. The absolute worst off people I know are those that tried to "fix" their problem with RC benzos. Two are dead, and one is currently engaged in a taper from 120mg diazepam that STILL does not cover his wd symptoms.

should absolutely not do this. The ones available are super long acting, potent in micrograms (mostly) with no verification of what they actually are, and you would be stuck compounding doses, which is hard with something that potent. The absolute worst off people I know are those that tried to "fix" their problem with RC benzos. Two are dead, and one is currently engaged in a taper from 120mg diazepam that STILL does not cover his wd symptoms.
Who said anything about RC benzos? There are plenty genuine options though admittedly they are more expensive. I found a good vendor for pressed Xanax pills that are almost like the real thing, both in effect and appearance.

If you mean like RC benzos in powder form - yeah that's a bad idea. But if OP has 25 years benzo dependence, and isn't able to find any through legit means, I think ordering off the dark web is much preferable to seizure and death.

I would have suggested kava if the habit was less serious but 25 years? That person needs benzos asap.

t
Who said anything about RC benzos? There are plenty genuine options though admittedly they are more expensive. I found a good vendor for pressed Xanax pills that are almost like the real thing, both in effect and appearance.

If you mean like RC benzos in powder form - yeah that's a bad idea. But if OP has 25 years benzo dependence, and isn't able to find any through legit means, I think ordering off the dark web is much preferable to seizure and death.
the thing is tho "almost like" xanax is not xanax. and it's terrible for titration. illicit pill producers are even worse than standard generics at hotspot issues... i see where you're going with it, but I think given age and the experience level of OP, truly what they should do in case of overwhelming symptoms is get to the ER.

introducing darkweb materials introduces too many variables to what is already a sketchy medical situation, IMO.

t

the thing is tho "almost like" xanax is not xanax. and it's terrible for titration. illicit pill producers are even worse than standard generics at hotspot issues... i see where you're going with it, but I think given age and the experience level of OP, truly what they should do in case of overwhelming symptoms is get to the ER.

introducing darkweb materials introduces too many variables to what is already a sketchy medical situation, IMO.
Good point, but you can also buy genuine clonazepam or diazepam. I just bought the knock off Xanax because of price. If OP can get benzos from the hospital then that would be preferable but I got the impression that traditional options were exhausted.

Good point, but you can also buy genuine clonazepam or diazepam. I just bought the knock off Xanax because of price. If OP can get benzos from the hospital then that would be preferable but I got the impression that traditional options were exhausted.
you can get what is PURPORTED to be diazepam or clonazepam. there is 0 guarantee a darkweb vendor is going to send you the real thing. they might, they might not. it's a huge gamble.

you could get diazepam, or they could mix up powders at the press, because they're drunk and don't give af. and this: https://www.tiktok.com/@redditrevealed/video/7054238003098782982 could happen.

If my mom were confused and dealing w benzo withdrawal, it would be the last element I would want to add. I'd rather go with her calmly to the ER, explain that a crazy doctor has taken a lady who has never been a drug addict off a high benzo dose, and that she is having dangerous blood pressure and seizure symptoms and we need to get her medicated/stabilized and a referral to a good doctor.

Ah shit. I forgot about COVID. @sorrowfulmoon are the ER's an option currently in your area? and how much extra medication does your mom have squirrelled away(if any)? I really hope she's been saving bottles for years or something like that.

Last edited:
Thank you for all this info, taking it all in and thank you for the positivity as well considering all you have said and your wealth of knowledge and experience. Just curious how long did it take u to find a new doctor/prescription?
I'm in South Africa. So any input that I gave you in regards to finding another doctor or prescription would probably not apply to you. That said: the general landscape here has changed over the years. Many, many, doctors have given up their own private practices and have joined, or been swallowed up by these huge clinic/hospital chains. So all that happens (and it's actually a problem in my opinion) if a GP leaves or retires then his replacement simply picks up from where the previous dude left off and which often results in no current and updated re-assessment of the patient i.e. the new dude will just continue rolling with whatever prescriptions have been in place and so on and so forth. So like with me: it was nothing more than a telephone call and visit to meet the new dude and walk out with the same prescription as before. Make sense? My explanation I mean?

As for putting my best foot forward and trying to help:

It must be noted that I'm no medical professional. Oddly enough my own benzo. dependence (which came about due to nothing more than overzealous prescription by a GP i.e. not because I was trying to get high on the shit) is what led me to spend the better part of the last 20 years researching and reading as much as I can on the topics of pharmaceuticals for "mind problems". So it led to a little personal study I suppose one could say. I ended up with a 12mg per day depedance on Alprazolam. And the best part: I didn''t even know at the time that these things caused physical depenence and were addictive in nature. Found out by sheer mistake. WHich I won''t detail here unless you're interested as I've posted aboui it more than once around here and don't want to run the risk of boring the life out of others by being repettive) (and I'noticed that any deem repettive recounts on the sam isssue as "attention" or sympathy seeking posts (and in some cases it's true although that's an unfair as it's not always possible, nor fair, to make judgment calls like that about some Internet stranger without knowng he full story and full underlying details of the issue at hand). Anyway. It's really only a pleasure and I enjoy stuff like his i snf of purpose and which of late I am having to dig deep to find).

I hope when you're reading this stuff out to your mom that you're filtering some of it i.e. my liberal use of expletives has gone to a new level over the past few months that is for amn sure. The gentleman in me gone down the pan in spades over the past few monhs for sure. Not totally though i.e. still feel it's the man that should be he breadwinner and provider and still make a point of opening car doors for people or letting the ladies through the door first.

Anyways. I'm glad you ended up here Greetings and saluations to your mother from the BL gang (well from me anyway).

And you know what? You deserve a pile of credit and then some for taking care of her and trying to aid and assist and going to all of the time and trouble of signing up here and having to read through inane shit such as some of my posts! And this one probably qualifies!

I worry about my mom for exact same reason to the point where I have saved almost 100 tabs of Valium on case she ever can't get her meds. She has had brain tumor and needs it 2x daily to prevent bad nausea.

If I were you I would see if your Dr. Would give you Valium, see if a psychiatrist will give her a benzos, or something similar. Benzos wd can be deadly.
I don't get it, around here literally any Dr. Gives people Xanax like it's candy. When everyone I know tries to get off alcohol they get prescribed librium.

How is no Dr. Willing to help a compliant older patient? This is insane.

If she said she was an alcoholic, they would give her a benzos to avoid delerium tremens, but a patient is being forced to almost cold turkey from 2 decades of use?!!!!!
I never heard of that before.
Yes, get her into a doc! Wtf?! Every Dr. Should know that trying to get off benzos after so long is dangerous and she should be given Months if not a full year to wean!!!!

Something isn't adding up here.