• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos benzo tolerance

drewbie

Greenlighter
I recently went through 2 alcohol detox's (at home) about a month apart. 1st one i used about 12 mg klonopin over a 4 day taper. 2nd I used 6 mg klonopin and then got a librium prescription for 21 25mg pills to taper. my psychiatrist wanted me too get sober before she would prescribe any anti anxiety meds (klonopin).I've been using klonopin for years (family member), took 1.5 to 2 mg twice a week, never needed too increase it.
i'm now prescribed 90 .5mg klonopin, but I'm needing 3 to 3.5mg (6 or 7 pills) now to feel the same anxiety relief.

I think the detox's took quite a toll on by my benzo tolerance, I'm not addicted (dependant on benzo's), so I have no problem not taking them for a few weeks if necessary,

how long of a break would it take to lower my tolerance

I recently went through 2 alcohol detox's (at home) about a month apart. 1st one i used about 12 mg klonopin over a 4 day taper. 2nd I used 6 mg klonopin and then got a librium prescription for 21 25mg pills to taper. my psychiatrist wanted me too get sober before she would prescribe any anti anxiety meds (klonopin).I've been using klonopin for years (family member), took 1.5 to 2 mg twice a week, never needed too increase it.
i'm now prescribed 90 .5mg klonopin, but I'm needing 3 to 3.5mg (6 or 7 pills) now to feel the same anxiety relief.

I think the detox's took quite a toll on by my benzo tolerance, I'm not addicted (dependant on benzo's), so I have no problem not taking them for a few weeks if necessary,

how long of a break would it take to lower my tolerance
Difficult to say... You have a Benzo tolerance which are notorious for taking a long time lower.. Also, what you been through/are going through - I'd hazzard a guess that your GABA & Glutamate levels are all over the place.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. But good luck to you. ;)

"I'd hazzard a guess that your GABA & Glutamate levels are all over the place."

I wouldn't be suprised, but I feel pretty good, anxiety wise. I've been drinking for 7-8 of the last ten years. I always relapse because of anxiety. so the last thing i want to do is trade 1 dependence for another. as bad as alcohol addiction is, I'm far more scaredat becoming dependant on benzo.