• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan...

Smellmett

Bluelighter
Loads of rumors doing the rounds in the last couple of weeks that the 'Sherlock' actor Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be playing the role of 'Khan' in next year's Star Trek sequel. What do any fellow trekkies (there must be the odd one!) on BL think of this?

Strange...I'd heard rumors that Abrams and co. had been actively denying that they would do Khan, though I admit that was some time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a red herring; they were famously tight-lipped about '09's Star Trek.

In my op, I doubt the villain is Khan...Montalban is such a hard act to follow. For my part, I'd like to see them explain that retcon between '60s Klingons and the Klingons of the movies and later (I know the tale, but I want to see Abrams' version. ;) ).

I agree, what would be the point of the reboot if they're just going to re-hash old characters, like I said it's only a rumor officially, but if you check IMDB, they have him listed as Khan on the cast lineup. I know one thing - it'll have to be absolutely monumental to get near or better the '82 movie, I'm interested to see where Abrams takes it if it's not true. There is a little part of me that hopes it's true though - he was the best villain in the entire franchise