• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belbuca question

wereallmadhere

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, hope this is the right place to ask, and appropriate to ask here... But I came across some Belbuca 900mcg patches. I am not an opiate user, is there any way these could be used or is there any recreational value in this? I could only find opiate naive users should be started at 75mcg (i think) would it be dangerous/fatal for someone with no tolerance?

If it is a 900mcg patch only attempt a fraction if you are opioid naive. Buprenorphine is somewhat safer than other opioids but not risk free. Do not combine with alcohol or benzodiazepines.

I was on belbuca for a long time. It does give a little pep in your step, but nothing huge. As Negrogesic stated - use a tiny corner! You can always add more but you can't subtract it once it's in the blood stream. Belbuca was obviously made for the buccal release of medicine. Start slow and small! Maybe have someone with you, too.

I was on belbuca for a long time. It does give a little pep in your step, but nothing huge. As Negrogesic stated - use a tiny corner! You can always add more but you can't subtract it once it's in the blood stream. Belbuca was obviously made for the buccal release of medicine. Start slow and small! Maybe have someone with you, too.
So my Doctor may give me the option of taking either the Belbuca or MS Contin, but I think I want to try the Belbuca, as a friend had said that they do make you feel a bit good. But just wondering, is there a big difference lets say between the 450mcg or the 600mcg from the 900mcg?, or is the 900 by far the best, or is like the 600 and 900 about the same? Or is the 750 and 900 about the same? I want to try to keep the dosage as low as possible, (but still a nice buz) Thanks In Advance

Since some formulations go as low as 200mcg, I'd say for an opioid naive person, there might be perceptible differences as the dosages increase.

Temgesic is only available in the UK, but this points out that bupe is active in even lower doses than what you're taking.

Once you're tolerant to the highest microgram dose you can go tho, if you start to raise it above 1mg & 2mg, you will start to lose the magic and it will mostly function as an antagonist (like naltrexone).

Some say bupe will work for analgesia even up into 24mg and such. But I've been high doses of bupe for years & years and it doesn't even touch the back pain I'm currently having. I hardly notice that I've taken it most times except for when it makes me drowsy.

Hey everyone, hope this is the right place to ask, and appropriate to ask here... But I came across some Belbuca 900mcg patches. I am not an opiate user, is there any way these could be used or is there any recreational value in this? I could only find opiate naive users should be started at 75mcg (i think) would it be dangerous/fatal for someone with no tolerance?
Trust someone who’s unfortunately had chronic pain and been on opioids for 20+ years. FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY & GOOD IN THIS WORLD, DO NOT GET ON THE OPIOD TRAIN. Yeah it will feel good but that road and that life is dark one and it ends up ruining your ability to FEEL naturally GOOD. Don’t take that away from yourself. You start, you’ll want to keep doing it. You’ll think it’s just occasional, but your brain gets rewired to the point where you will never feel naturally good again. That’s a hell I wouldn’t wish on anyone. DON’T DO IT. Just Live a Great Life.