• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginning of withdrawal

percojerk

Bluelighter
Be it H, oxycodone, hydrocodone, sub, etc etc .... when you know you are out of your DOC and will not be getting it for at least a few or more days, what's and when are your first symptoms. For me it's usually the next morning. The part where you can't even get out of bed! The lack of motivation and energy is the worst!!! Then as you lay there all day , the antsy feeling you get and the restlessness is the worst! Then knowing it will be like this for at least a week! If I had the energy and motivation, I can deal with every other wd symptom. Thoughts and share your experiences.

For me personally, there is no withdrawal aside from alcohol. This may change in the future as I'm a newbie to H. Withdrawal is literally the most controlling agent in my alcohol problem. Just yesterday morning, I misjudged time and woke up at four o'clock in the morning with shakes and sweats and the little man in my head bitch slapping me with every fear, regret and anger all at once. The bar opens at seven. By the time I got there, I could barely speak to the bartender to pay them for the twelve-pack take-out. ... Sorry state of affairs, indeed.

I'm just getting used to looking at the date posted and realize now, halfway into the post, that this was posted in 2014, but for anyone else going through the pain, just know that IT IS REAL!! In the past, I've had people see me shaking around and say I'm "faking." Even my sweat-soaked tee shirt after the fact didn't change their minds. But this is how drugs work on people... the "spiral," I suppose.