• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Been gifted an original MDA snowball! Experiences and suggestions?

Indeed I am! However the down-slope of the snowball is how do I put it? Grim. Trying to eat food, but am concerned I may chunder :p. I have no weed either, so warm cups of sugary tea and a bath it is!

To be fair, it probably didn't help that I did a fair bit of MDMA on Monday either, but it was my last week off before work so I figured why the fuck not?

Which also brings me to another point - there doesn't seem to be much of a cross tolerance between MDMA & MDA. Despite the MD on Monday, the snowball still fucked me over!

? Legend. Yeh actually MDMA and MDA act differently on the brain paths or something but in basic it's be proven no cross tolerance but if you are still low from activities Monday likely your not at full strength mentally / physically.

Never needed 3 did 1.5 over a 12 HR once in a rave don't remember much but it was a blast. The come ups immense ain't it. Proper woosh Rush am I gonna drop business.

Sounds like it was...an 'experience' man! I remember these from back in the day and even though everyone was doing them and they basically flooded the Scottish scene for a spell me and my mates used to kinda try and avoid them because the people we saw week in week out on them were always completely fucked and not always looking like they were enjoying themselves! We used to use the term "smacky" to describe these pills...with the benefit of hindsight they obviously didn't contain any smack but the people on them were 9 times out of 10 gibbering, chin swinging wrecks - hence me not being that keen to try them. Fair play to your mate for gifting you one...and to you for necking it in a one-r but I just wish it sounded like you had a better time! Still...one for the grand kids :D. Take it easy and I hope you feel more human soon :)

So you rode the porcelain bus at home then dulled the experience with Valium when things got too much?

Jesus fucking Christ, your mate stored a piece of drug history for almost 25 yr and you desecrated it with a basement dwelling neck beard experience.

This is why you can't have nice things

Well....Jesus Fucking Christ.

My experience can be briefly summarised as follows.

Felt like I was being hit by a bus on the come-up for around 2 hours, and spent some of this time dry heaving over the toilet.

Peak - I can't really remember much of the day, apart from being absolutely destroyed and seeing floating furniture everywhere. Actually took 4mg valium early afternoon as I almost wigged out shit was that intense.

Comedown - I currently feel like a withered old cabbage and am feeling pretty sorry for myself =D.

Christ knows how anyone actually managed to function after dropping one of these, let alone 3!

Yes -- MDA dry heaving it -- (pour moi) it happens after anything over 30 mg is insufflated or anything over 50 mg is eaten --it even happens when plugging MDA , just when the come up starts -- urp! woughurp!

Watery eyes, flushed and sweaty -- and then magic-magic-magic

You fucking tit, I'd have waited waited for a proper old school rave event before even daring to neck one of them bad boys.
Shame on you.

At least you had some fun out of it.

So you rode the porcelain bus at home then dulled the experience with Valium when things got too much?

Jesus fucking Christ, your mate stored a piece of drug history for almost 25 yr and you desecrated it with a basement dwelling neck beard experience.

This is why you can't have nice things

I second that, not being funny mate but you've had a once in a life time experience and you've spunked it up the wall... What a fucking weapon you are, as said above your mate has saved 3 of the most iconic pills ever for 25 years and you can't even save it for the right time... That sir was wasted on you and you should be ashamed of yourself... I bet some on here would pay £40+ for that pill... I'm only a pup at 24 but to all you old skool lot that had snow balls, how much sites you part with to have one?

Did any of you older lot go to the Blackburn warehouse raves back in 89,90, 91 etc?

I second that, not being funny mate but you've had a once in a life time experience and you've spunked it up the wall... What a fucking weapon you are, as said above your mate has saved 3 of the most iconic pills ever for 25 years and you can't even save it for the right time... That sir was wasted on you and you should be ashamed of yourself... I bet some on here would pay £40+ for that pill... I'm only a pup at 24 but to all you old skool lot that had snow balls, how much sites you part with to have one?

Did any of you older lot go to the Blackburn warehouse raves back in 89,90, 91 etc?

Yep 89 - 91 first one was when I was 16. But left NW in 91 and moved South coast. Wigan pier, shelleys, hacienda tick ?. My bid would been £150 maybe even £200. But I'd prob not of gone to the rave. They were one pill that really was a roller coaster. Caught everyone unawares and as mentioned prior most people in their ignorance thought they were smack filled. China whites were called China whites cos they were similar albeit not as heavy.

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/666986

That pretty much sums those bad boys up and matches our legends ride?

Original dove defo £200

Last edited:
You fucking tit, I'd have waited waited for a proper old school rave event before even daring to neck one of them bad boys.
Shame on you.

See it's easy to rationalise things like that when you haven't at that moment eaten 200mg of MDA. I was actually forewarned by the chap who gave it to me, and I should do it somewhere where I felt comfortable due to its strength. Had I actually gone to a rave on said snowball, I would have probably ended up being carted off somewhere, as I was basically a dribbling gurning mess withering around and sweating.

In all honestly, I wouldn't call the snowballs as that recreational, as you end up being such a mess, at points it feels like you are almost ODing. I'm glad I got to try a bit of pill history, but I can't really say I'm a fan of super high dose MDA.

Intriguing. I think that settles it then, I'm going to have to try MDA. Not ALL that big a fan of most empathogen/entactogens, although they have certain uses. But primarily alone. For getting work done on things, in the case of MDMA. Methylone and the benzofurans are more party drugs, although its been over a decade since I've been to any events of any kind. quite a bit longer but could not say exactly.

Whats the opinion on MDA HCl in loose form rather than commercial pills or 'molly', dose wise etc. in comparison. Presume it may be prone to somewhat of a rocket comeup, given the more rapid absorption.

Can't say your posts about the experience sound great Silent, but then again that's just a post. Maybe as you chill down from it you'll be more aware of some benefits from the experience.

I'd wouldn't have taken that in a public / club setting either, there's just some things that are worth preparing for in a safe at home environment. Though maybe if you'd have given us more notice we'd have had the chance to comment on your set and setting!

Anyhoo, I'd put myself in the old raver category and unfortunately experienced a snowball in a wedgie club after taking pills way back... It was bought on a one off as I wanted "more" not satisfied with my allocation for the night (turns out I'm kinda like that, bit of a pig). Well that pill ruined me to mdma for years afterwards. It was an awful experience that put me off for a long time.

Hope you're feeling fine today, sure you will be. Don't let folks bitchin' you wasted it bother you - you took it on your own terms and had your experience. Bank the memory x

I feel sorry for his mate who gave it to him. Sure it was a man's right to enjoy a pill like this any way he chooses but it is plan disrespectful and akin to going to the Lourve and drawing a cock n balls on the Mona Lisa

I feel sorry for his mate who gave it to him. Sure it was a man's right to enjoy a pill like this any way he chooses but it is plan disrespectful and akin to going to the Lourve and drawing a cock n balls on the Mona Lisa

Aye so you've said.

So what?

The man did his thing and that was that. Gie him some space to appreciate the experience X

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, something like that isn't just a pill, it's a piece of actual living history. And it's doubly problematic in that if you consider it as just a pill, like a cat considering a £500 koi carp as just protein, it happens to a very, very strong one. Something like that really is next to impossible to give the respect it properly deserves. Just the knowledge of what it is, a fifth of a gram of the finest methylene(3,4)-dioxy alpha-methyl phenylethylamine with a solid gold provenance, is enough to ruin your Set altogether with anxiety about your Setting.

Even if the Smiths had reformed for a one-off gig in Wythenshawe Conservative and Unionist Club with stilt-walkers and pyrotechnics, that would not necessarily have been a sufficiently prestigious occasion to warrant dropping it. Marr need only miss a single chord change, or Morrissey forget the words and give his best Mark Chadwick impression (in the I would go out tonight, la la la-la la la laa la la-aa sense, as opposed to the huge plate of definitely-not-soya ham sandwiches sense) and the entire performance would be ruined.

Then the effects of the drug begin to wear off. Then the effects of the drug wearing off begin to wear off. And all that remains is a lingering disappointment and regret; of which you will be forever reminded, anytime an occasion should arise when taking a similar pill might appear to be a good idea.
Freewheelin' Franklin said:
DOPE will get you through times of no MONEY better than MONEY will get you through times of no DOPE
So that goes tenfold, if you were stashless at the time.

If you can't use the pill, then, you could get rid of it. But how? Any scheme for its destruction will ultimately disappoint at least as surely as actually taking it. The perfect occasion will arise on which you could have taken the pill and done it proper justice ..... instead of just firing it from a cannon into the middle of the ocean at the stroke of midnight on New Year, quelle gaspillage.

And even if you were just to stash the pill away, or even donate it to a museum for its glory to be more widely appreciated, you will experience occasions which, in hindsight, will turn out to have been the perfect time to have taken it, had you only known in advance.

You simply cannot win, no matter what you do with it. It's functionally equivalent to a real-life curse; no possible good can come of being around it.

Probably the best thing to have done with it would have been to pass it on to the first mug that came within selling distance ..... but hey, whatever happens now, you are condemned to spend the whole of the rest of your life just noticing better things you could have done with it. Please don't think for one minute that I'm saying I think you deserve any of it, because I don't think anybody deserves that for anything; but it's what you're going to get.

Last edited:
Snowballs were best taken in halves. Half at a rave would've been just fine. One was always too much for most. You're very lucky to have experience this.
Wish I could go back to 90/91 and experience New Yorkers and doves

See it's easy to rationalise things like that when you haven't at that moment eaten 200mg of MDA. I was actually forewarned by the chap who gave it to me, and I should do it somewhere where I felt comfortable due to its strength. Had I actually gone to a rave on said snowball, I would have probably ended up being carted off somewhere, as I was basically a dribbling gurning mess withering around and sweating.

In all honestly, I wouldn't call the snowballs as that recreational, as you end up being such a mess, at points it feels like you are almost ODing. I'm glad I got to try a bit of pill history, but I can't really say I'm a fan of super high dose MDA.

No you're right, it's much better being on your tod while taking one of them. Contemplate life and shit like that. Go ape with a flash light and different bits of coloured paper. Talk shit online etc...

The amount of times I haven't been to wasted to stand up yet managed to have some afterwards rather amusing chats with the most complete strangers having the time of my life looking back on it. Making an arse of myself at the bar so much so that the bar staff laugh already when they saw me coming in and I hadn't even taken anything yet etc...

:)

Very very interesting topic indeed.

How was the experience, did it come on in waves?

Can we have some photos of the two remaining snowballs?

MDA is now quite easily available in Europe. For the people griefing him for taking 200mg MDA at home, you can feel free to acquire some and take 200mg at all the raves you want.

MDA is now quite easily available in Europe. For the people griefing him for taking 200mg MDA at home, you can feel free to acquire some and take 200mg at all the raves you want.

Ahhh, but is the MDA produced today as good as the Latvian MDA snowballs of the early 90's? ;)

FWIW I took a few back in the day and never once at a rave. Always at my own private rave, in my living room (which was a huge fucking flat in Maida Vale) and always with friends. Serious times. Good times, good fun.