• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Basic SOMA (Carisoprodol) questions

delphinen

Bluelighter
Where I am from, Carisoprodol can be purchased without an rx (though the law says it would require one), so I can get a bunch of them depending where I buy them; because of my chronic and horrible backpain, I bought 20 *coated* 350mg Carisoprodol-10mg Piroxicam last night. Because I was not only suffering from backpain, but also from sleep deprivation, I did 3, which with 6mg Lorazepam did the work and made me sleep -at least- 6 hours very well.

Today I have all the day for me, and it's raining a lot outside, so I would like to do a lot of gaming in the comfort of my home, but I don't have the best chair in the world in front of the computer (nor the worst one), so this morning when I woke up, I did (as instructed in other posts in BL) 2 SOMA pills (I will call them just SOMA from now on) with:
1-Some cookies so they would hit faster (specially if they are coated I suppose? what does this mean? the prospect says they work in 30 minutes anyway though somehow I don't believe this particular "specification" int this brand)
2-A good mug of Coffee so it doesn't make me sleepy

My question is, should I take a third one if my backpain relief is still not enough? and, how often should I taken them? I have read Carisoprodol lasts from 3 to 6 hours.

Thanks in advance.

Lucky duck, to be able to get those so easily....

If it were me, I definitely wouldn't exceed three. Soma ODs are disgusting(and I'm not talking fatal ODs, just ODs). Take too much of those, you can't walk, can't talk, can't do shit.

I think it's unlikely that they will take away all of your back pain. Make you much more comfortable, yes, but complete relief, probably not. Don't chase the high with those, popping pill after pill. You'll regret it.

Thanks. Yes, the only med that completely makes disappear my backpain is Lyrica, which is freaking expensive. Carisoprodol is very cheap here, and at the same time, a lot useful for backpain- though myself, I need to take at least two of 350mg each one (plus the Piroxicam which IDK if it really adds to something).

Carisoprodol (Soma) is essentially a prodrug for the delivery of Meprobamate, although it does possess some other effects of its own. Meprobamate, if you had to compare it to something else, is similar in many ways to Barbiturates and acts on many of the same receptors. This means that the potential for overdose with Carisoprodol is present and should be taken into account, especially if you ever intend to mix it with other CNS depressants.

With that said, I don't think that taking an extra pill would be enough to cause you any serious problems, but I wouldn't exceed that dose until you're more aware of how you will react to it.

For me, Soma is one drug where too much is entirely noticeable and not that pleasant. Like blackout type stuff. And it doesnt take a whole lot. 700mg and Im slurring. 1050, Im done, so be careful.