• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Basic opioid tolerance

KnowsNotWhatItMean

Bluelighter
I've been confused with this tea. I'm sitting on a lot of seeds and it's turning out not exactly how I expected.

Let me make clear that my tolerance at the time of making my first brew has been very low.

I've found tea to be working well for pain relief and was giving me a stronger buzz than I expected.

I've tried taking at least two day breaks between each brew. The tea has turned from a surprisingly simple way of getting a nice buzz to am I imagining it all, at matter of few times.

Now I find that I need to double my dose to feel anything from it and still it's barely worth the effort.

Does this sound like tolerance even? It is all coming from a single batch. How much time would one have to wait to break this? I've found that 4 days seems like not quite enough. I don't feel like waiting 2 weeks just to get high from this stuff but I know I'm gonna keep drinking it until I'm out of seeds even if it doesn't work, I assume taking huger amounts would work so to speak but I just don't feel like going too deep either. Do you suppose I would have to be taking incrementally more each time? How much of a balance one can expect to achieve?

Is it the way you're doing the wash? Could you have done the wash a lot longer and more efficiently the first time you tried the batch?/altered the water amount?

Sometimes even the same strength material will hit harder than others sometimes. You could order another batch though if you can afford it rn.

Is it the way you're doing the wash? Could you have done the wash a lot longer and more efficiently the first time you tried the batch?/altered the water amount?

Sometimes even the same strength material will hit harder than others sometimes. You could order another batch though if you can afford it rn.
Ordering another batch now seems like a complete waste of money to be honest, I don't believe it's the preparation so I assume it's gotta be tolerance, so that was my basic question. I just didn't see it coming so fast, weird stuff because now it seems logical to use 2 or 3 times more which is a lot.

depending on what type of tea one is brewing there may be a ceiling effect where one cannot get but so "high" before one experiences some negative side effects.
whatever the substance being brewed: tolerance will increase the more one ingests and especially if one is a bit peeved at the effects not being sustainable; that angst can fuck a mellow high up more than anything, IMO.
Longer breaks between usage or use it for maintenance purposes may be the only options besides eating more substances to try to balance out deficient receptors and shit....

depending on what type of tea one is brewing there may be a ceiling effect where one cannot get but so "high" before one experiences some negative side effects.
whatever the substance being brewed: tolerance will increase the more one ingests and especially if one is a bit peeved at the effects not being sustainable; that angst can fuck a mellow high up more than anything, IMO.
Longer breaks between usage or use it for maintenance purposes may be the only options besides eating more substances to try to balance out deficient receptors and shit....
I do find that it is a very mellow high, a positive mood shift with a same dose and a couple days off. Not the same. I've tried doubling the dose recently too after not feeling it enough or for whatever reason, so that may explain why.

Last edited:

The ratio of water and lemon juice could be a factor too. If you can't taste the lemon it seems weaker. I'm coming up on a Christmas brew feeling quite bit sedated and a kind of a body high I find it good enough in terms of analgesic effects. Happy Christmas everyone...

The ratio of water and lemon juice could be a factor too. If you can't taste the lemon it seems weaker. I'm coming up on a Christmas brew feeling quite bit sedated and a kind of a body high I find it good enough in terms of analgesic effects. Happy Christmas everyone...

I do think that it's also possible that some seeds in the batch might have more morphine contents than others. So maybe if you brew a tea from part of the batch that's especially dank, it could be quite stronger than the future iterations. I would assume that the seeds have inconsistent morphine content even within the same batch.

I wouldn't assume your tolerance gets that ridiculously high so fast? I think it's other factors.

It seems that even if larger amounts of seeds are used, any effects that I could sincerely testify for are minimal.

Other than an initial shift in my mindset, which after consumption seems to become apparent to me in some way, there's hardly anything else noticed at all in order to call it a high at this point.

Now I'd say it is probable that I have been making this all up, I am profoundly convinced to think so basically.

I have found most recently that analgesic effects weren't appropriate in this regard that was suggested, in comparison to the other medication.

I do think that it's also possible that some seeds in the batch might have more morphine contents than others. So maybe if you brew a tea from part of the batch that's especially dank, it could be quite stronger than the future iterations. I would assume that the seeds have inconsistent morphine content even within the same batch.

I wouldn't assume your tolerance gets that ridiculously high so fast? I think it's other factors.
There are other testimonies in this forum about experiences that people have had with poppy seed tea.

There's people who are claiming that they have been taking it daily for a long period of time, and if you want to search for this, you will find that they too have experienced actually getting "high" on only the first couple occasions.

So here, this is my conclusion about this.

Interesting how even switching to the strongest opiates like methadone or seed tea makes one's tolerance just simply rise up quickly to match the effects. Pretty much a dead end substance when you think about it ;/

I don't think you're making up the effects or foolish for thinking that tea brews were once stronger one day in your head. Opiates--even with consistent variables down to a milligram sometimes just are stronger certain times than others. For instance, some days a 10 mg percocet might hit me harder than a 30 mg roxy blue.. the buzz is a lil bit less consistent than we give it credit for.

Still, I don't think that unwashed seeds are the most reliable. It's probably just how you did the wash or the seeds having inconsistent morphine content. Do you do two washes btw? I am curious as to how many washes I should do because after a certain point I acquire a ton of toxic alkloids that make me itchy and not have any positive effects lol.

Interesting how even switching to the strongest opiates like methadone or seed tea makes one's tolerance just simply rise up quickly to match the effects. Pretty much a dead end substance when you think about it ;/

I don't think you're making up the effects or foolish for thinking that tea brews were once stronger one day in your head. Opiates--even with consistent variables down to a milligram sometimes just are stronger certain times than others. For instance, some days a 10 mg percocet might hit me harder than a 30 mg roxy blue.. the buzz is a lil bit less consistent than we give it credit for.

Still, I don't think that unwashed seeds are the most reliable. It's probably just how you did the wash or the seeds having inconsistent morphine content. Do you do two washes btw? I am curious as to how many washes I should do because after a certain point I acquire a ton of toxic alkloids that make me itchy and not have any positive effects lol.
I've tried all possible techniques of extraction and drinking copious amounts of this nauseating liquid almost to the point of tripling my initial dose just in order to feel it, and now I feel also quite stupid for doing it. How strong is it? I'm not sure. Truth is it never seems enough. It could also be quite misleading, IMO to read about how "strong" of an opiate this is, being how relative this all is. That's at least how I feel about it.

Yeah as with any substance--but especially this one raising your dose is a good experience for just a bit then after about honestly even a week or two stronger doses start to become baseline. You could still be drinking lower potency tea for a while just to stay out of withdrawal and feel normal, and eventually the high would come back from lower doses. Sometimes I don't feel kratom for a while and I start to eat more and don't feel it at all even so. Two weeks later it starts hitting me hard again from the same typical dose. My tolerance to opioids was so little for a loooong time and then it tripled out of nowhere from increasing the dose. I regret just not keeping it low.

I just recommend staying as low as possible for as long as you can. The sensation is great but it's not worth trapping yourself in a pit where you don't feel it at all anymore because you've deliberately taken more out of greed. It's okay to cut back and go on a vacation from feeling the high sometimes and inevitably you have to when your tolerance is just ridiculous. How often do you drink the tea by the way? It's too easy to drink seed tea everyday and then you know what happens when you try to stop ;)

Eventually you'll start feeling it again if you can cut back but if you keep trying to make the batches stronger and stronger it's going to be a dark time. Don't you think? Being locked in a planet where you can't feel opiates at all anymore means you either need to find a way to cut back/take a break or call it all together. Nothing good can come from trying to catch a buzz with an elephant's carfentinal tolerance lol! My friend had obsceeeene opiate tolerance from prolonged heroin abuse. Towards the end, only the strongest batches of seed tea would allow him to catch a buzz and even then he could never feel any opiate effect after abusing the tea. He even shot up fentynal laced heroin at one point that killed other users from his dealer and didn't notice anything different about it.. At that point, the withdrawals destroy your soul. It's just a dead end should you not figure out a way to lower your tolerance. What you're experiencing is quite normal, because everyone who uses opiates after an extended period of time notices the same thing you are right now. At least it's not something like benzos where you can permanently alter your GABA and experience side effects for years after stopping. You have time to figure out how to feel the tea again without permanent consequences.

Last edited: