Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Base question

Holy fucking hell. I agree.

What the Fuck is that shit!?

Please do not buy anymore of that. Get CRYSTAL!

A crystal product does not guarantee purity as other benign or worse substances can be mixed with meth, and crystals grown from that. Or, as it was once found, similar looking crystals can be flogged off as meth. Many years ago, while testing with Marquis reagent, it was found one crystal gave a characteristic reaction colour indicating meth, while the next identical looking piece from the same batch gave no colour whatsoever. In other words, one was meth, and one wasn't, yet they were indistinguishable from each other.

So, unless you personally know the cook, and also know him/her to be suitably qualified and totally honest, how do you know what their product contains?

On the topic of Phenylephrine;

Meth from phenylephrine? Chemically it would almost be easier to start with phenol or toluene than to try to manipulate this molecule :\

220px-Phenylephrine.png

Even if the hydroxy groups were reduced, the side chain skeleton does not resemble the amphetamine "backbone" i.e. phenylephrine is a phenethylamine with 2 carbons in the chain. If you read PiHKAL you will find that compared to their phenethylamine homologs, amphetamines are much more psychoactive (potency, duration etc). The terminal CH3 group on phenylephrine is an N-methyl group, and unlike meth, it reduces activity even further on a phenethylamine (and with most amphetamines other than meth and MDMA).

With phenylephrine there is no alpha-CH3 (as with all amphetamines), so even if the beta and ring substituted OH groups were reduced, there is nothing to stop MAO from breaking it down as it would be a excellent substrate for the enzyme.

However, phenylephrine aka halostachine has been reported to have some minor sympathomimetic properties - well in sheep anyway ;) Alkaloids as a possible cause of ryegrass staggers in grazing livestock

So by itself the reduced product (both OH groups) of phenylephrine (N-methyl-phenethylamine) would be less active than the parent compound phenethylamine (PEA), which is itself regarded as inactive (PiHKAL#142-PEA) unless perhaps it was injected straight into the brain 8(

If a MAO inhibitor such as harmaline was taken concurrently, both phenylephrine and it's hydroxy reduced form would be active, although the OH groups of phenylephrine would tend to limit it from crossing the BBB in much the same way as ephedrine is much less psychoactive than meth. It should be noted however, that great and serious risks accompany such practices. MAOIs and PEAs should never be taken together!!

So, what else could phenylephrine be used for? Well, if a chemist used a protecting group on the amine, the molecule could then be manipulated to produce various ring substituted phenethylamines**, which of course vary widely in their actions and potencies (see PiHKAL). However, protecting groups aren't commonly used in clandestine environments and anyway, none of these PEAs would be suitable substitutes for the meth market.

kudos to Vitus Verdegast

**Correction: the amine would also need to be demethylated; p_d

Last edited:
There is absolutely no way I could argue with that p_d;

but having said that, that should be inserted into the wiki page for Phenylephrine, as I was led to believe that it was still possible (within reason). However, the article gave no sources on that particular tidbit....

Splatt said:
The dealer says the cook doesn't use pseudoepherdrine, but uses phenylephrine.
phase_dancer said:
Meth from phenylephrine? Chemically it would almost be easier to start with phenol or toluene than to try to manipulate this molecule :\
Splatt, maybe the dealer meant the amino acid phenylalanine?

More specifically the D enantiomer, d-phenylalanine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that it's terribly difficult to synthesize methamphetamine HCl starting from d-phenylalanine.

Splatt said:
I have injected orange base ranging from very watery (no crystals, just little bubbles) to very waxy and sticky. It seems to be all from the same cook, but he's pretty shit. Since it is a lot cheaper than ice and easier to get, I normally do this base when shooting meth.

The rush is pretty instant and can be intense, I normally do 2.5 points and this is like shooting maybe one point to 1.25 points of very pure meth crystals, but ice always takes longer to come on.

I don't know why it is orange but I will post a picture of the last batch injected.
This stuff is more rare to get than the waxy stuff, but it wasn't the greatest stuff. Had some bad side effects it usually doesn't have like heart palputations, worse comedown, bad random sharp body pains, very repressed breathing, nausea.

View attachment 3908 <<---- Click for bigger pic.

That is about 2.5 points, maybe a bit less. As you can see it was a bit of a prick to get out of the baggie, and requires a wash out to get all of it onto a spoon. It tastes a lot dirtier than ice would, and smells rank. I can't even describe the smell.

The only thing I thought of to describe the smell of base was weedkiller!

were not in the us

man the base is made differently from meth so u shouldnt compare them to each other..i've had base base allsorts like ox blood, pink champange, shit that looks like peanut paste, oily crap, white,yellow,brown,clear,orange,red, odourless u name it its been in surfers paradise.. they cut it with epsoms or glucose usually and theres also a glucose gel available so its harder to detect with ur eye..u just need to disolve a few pts in a few drops of dh2o and u can see wot byproducts are used and how soluble it is..some of the wettest stuff can be most potent visaversa..wisdom n knowlege comes from experience goodluk/

man the base is made differently from meth so u shouldnt compare them to each other.

It's the same drug, synthesised the same way i.e. reduction of a hydroxyl group. Base; oily, waxy or gooy looking shit is simply impure meth i.e. it's too impure to form crystals. It's the cut or cutting process that differs widely, not the synthesis.

Meth from pseudo can only be made via the mentioned functional group reduction. Sure, different methods can be used for reduction, and the mechanisms of these differ smoewhat, but essentially the result (if successful) is the same

quote woteva u said

bit like leaf and buds right... aha the same is different

stealthtrucker said:

Listen to the noob, Base is shit. Its cheap but shit. Fuckin half a gram last night lasted about 2 hours, 2 points of ice would have given me better effects and it would have been cheaper.

I dont know whether its local cooks or what, but ive found the quality of base has gone down the drain as of late. Im staying off that dirty shit, the stuff AFOAF had fizzed up HEAPS when you mixed it with coca cola, I doubt thats a good sign at all, you ould feel the shit fizz in your stomach.

Fuck ive rambled ay, oh well what else can you do when your scattered. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

God some wicked finished product the other day.. Very light, fluffy stuff. Looked like coconut powder and had the sweetest smell ;-) Got it from the same guy who has that orange garbage, finally after like 9 months he's got something new. Frigging dealing informants.

I dont think its the cook who doesnt know what hes doing. That stuff looks like its been stomped all over.

iits tghe cook trust me. 4-6 hours is nothing to make top dollar.

Slightly unrelated, but if one has a bag of base like the one linked earlier in the thread, is there any way to 'dry it out,' or mix it in with another powder so that you have a dry solution that can be cut up and snorted?

I ask because I like meth, but snorting is the only real method of ingestion I enjoy (I don't like the slow onset and weaker effects of eating, unless using it as a secondary drug purely for a source of energy while pilling or tripping, smoking is a bit too intense for me and not that great as a party drug, snorting fits in neatly between the two). That kind of damp, soggy, crystaline paste is the only stuff readily available to me in my city at this point, which brings me to the original question.

Any idea's? :)

i dont eat base anymore because frankly its all been shit quality (up in qld anyway), i think most cooks have realised ice is a lot more popular, and only the dodgy and lazy cooks are left making base

to crankinit

iv had plenty of wet/goo base and snorted it with ease. just cut it 3 or 4:1 depending on quality and personal preference with pure glucose powder. u can buy a bag of it from the chemists

kamakaze77 said:
i dont eat base anymore because frankly its all been shit quality (up in qld anyway), i think most cooks have realised ice is a lot more popular, and only the dodgy and lazy cooks are left making base

Totally true. You're needing 3 points for a rush via IV and half a gram just to stay awake.. You normally sleep that night. what is this shit, it all has the same wet texture, little bubbles in it ands basically same colour range.. off wwite to yellow to orange.... 3 hour cook microwave off??

Originally Posted by Splatt
Totally true. You're needing 3 points for a rush via IV and half a gram just to stay awake.. You normally sleep that night. what is this shit, it all has the same wet texture, little bubbles in it ands basically same colour range.. off wwite to yellow to orange.... 3 hour cook microwave off??

I agree. Iv heard of some funny shit the other day, my mates dealer has been buying ice, crushing it, then cutting 5:1 with a mix of brown sugar and glucose, then wetting it down with nasal spray and selling it off as base. Which would end up being shityy >20% bunk, apparntly the nasal spray makes it taste less sugar aswell. Fuck that, i doubt base will ever make a come back this way 8) haha who would want to eat that, or IV it

Not sure if this has already been said...

But I never understood why anyone would buy a wet substance?

You are paying for a gram and getting 1/2 a gram.

Anyhow...