View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad salvia trip, how to fix myself?

burn out

Bluelighter
I was having incredible, wonderful healing experiences with salvia and got over confident in my ability to handle it. I then smoked way too much in a bad set (bad frame of mind) and had a bad trip. since then I have been feeling just "not right" and diconnected from myself.

Now, normally when this happens to me with another substance like mescaline or shrooms I usually always fix it by having another trip. But I need to know if that works for salvia. If not, what else can I do? I have mescaline (San Pedro), shrooms, LSD and MDMA. Which of those would be best to use to try to fix myself with?

Not want you want to hear but I recommend sobriety to heal from all bad trips on all substances. You don't think taking a heavy psychedelic could possibly make this worse?

There's 2 routes you can go. You can try to undo it by having another trip on something else (not salvia). Or, you can surround yourself with trusted friends and loved ones and tough it out that way.

Salvia is a really bizarre substance.

Not want you want to hear but I recommend sobriety to heal from all bad trips on all substances. You don't think taking a heavy psychedelic could possibly make this worse?

Definitely, I mean it stands to reason and it's always a fear of mine. However, I have to go with experience on matters like this and in my actual experience, taking another psychedelic has almost always fixed the problem vs making it worse. Getting better soberly is a slow process, a process which I dont have the patience for when I know I might be able to fix myself in a single night (and I have done this many times before, though never from salvia).

Definitely, I mean it stands to reason and it's always a fear of mine. However, I have to go with experience on matters like this and in my actual experience, taking another psychedelic has almost always fixed the problem vs making it worse. Getting better soberly is a slow process, a process which I dont have the patience for when I know I might be able to fix myself in a single night (and I have done this many times before, though never from salvia).

Have you worked out what the trip meant get? It's usually some kind of bizzare metaphor.

yeah, sort of. It showed me the darkness and clingingness to illiusion that is still left in me. At the time, I felt i wasn't reaady to give it up and thats what caused the bad experience.

yeah, sort of. It showed me the darkness and clingingness to illiusion that is still left in me. At the time, I felt i wasn't reaady to give it up and thats what caused the bad experience.

Good, you learned learned from the experience. I think this is positive. Difficult experiences are often the most beneficial and in the end, yes, positive.

I say approach these feelings and integrate them while sober. Keep learning and keep growing. You are already on you way.

It sounds like you know what you're doing. I think your own intuition could probably be your best guide on this one.

Just remember, she's not afraid to utterly bollock you for lacking respect.

Honestly, I actually think that smoking salvia again could be the best, if not the only way to fix it. I do not think that it's something you should do unless you are completely prepared to accept the consequences of your actions, positive or negative, which will depend on how ready you are to face the experience. But personally, the only way I was let back into salvia's good graces was by learning not to fear the experience no matter what, and after that it is all bliss.

I wouldn't suggest this route to just anyone, but you obviously have experience with and have enjoyed salvia. If you think it is something you would truly like to continue using, I don't see any choice but to go back in, and just know and respect your own limits when you do.

Anyway, just my thoughts, not to be taken as certainty.

Have you tried DMT? Salvia gives me an icky cold prickly feeling that's hard to get over. DMT, when vaporized and inhaled, has a similar type of trip but far more physically enjoyable.
I'd take a change of pace. Maybe a more prolonged trip would help. I never can go wrong with LSD to get me out of a funk.