• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad molly trip but wants to try shrooms, NEED ADVICE!

thebestisyettocome

Greenlighter
Okay so I've done molly twice, but the first time I did it was with my bestfriend in her cabin.. I didn't do a lot and I was fine. The second time I did it was at a rave, I did two pills and the high was nothing like the first time. It was way more intense. Long story short, during my first come up I got anxiety but after ten minutes it went away and I was enjoying myself. The second come up, I got anxiety again and it was so bad I had to leave the place I was at because I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was freaking the fuck out. Then for about a month when I would smoke weed (ive been a daily smoker for two years now) I would feel like I couldn't breathe and get anxiety. Lately, when I smoke again im fine but it still isnt the same when I used to get high before. But anyways, I was wondering if I tried shrooms would I be okay? I really want to try it but I dont want to end up having a bad trip.

ps- do you also think I had a bad trip on molly the last time because the person I was with was getting anxiety too, like saying "no more water" after I was drinking a lot and then saying "dont chew no more gum" after she made me go search for people who had gum and every time we'd go try to rave she'd make us sit down after two minutes because it was too hot.

Okay so I've done molly twice, but the first time I did it was with my bestfriend in her cabin.. I didn't do a lot and I was fine. The second time I did it was at a rave, I did two pills and the high was nothing like the first time. It was way more intense. Long story short, during my first come up I got anxiety but after ten minutes it went away and I was enjoying myself. The second come up, I got anxiety again and it was so bad I had to leave the place I was at because I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was freaking the fuck out. Then for about a month when I would smoke weed (ive been a daily smoker for two years now) I would feel like I couldn't breathe and get anxiety. Lately, when I smoke again im fine but it still isnt the same when I used to get high before. But anyways, I was wondering if I tried shrooms would I be okay? I really want to try it but I dont want to end up having a bad trip.

ps- do you also think I had a bad trip on molly the last time because the person I was with was getting anxiety too, like saying "no more water" after I was drinking a lot and then saying "dont chew no more gum" after she made me go search for people who had gum and every time we'd go try to rave she'd make us sit down after two minutes because it was too hot.

bananas and apples, apples and bananas;

i guess i wont answere your question to your satisfaction, but let me tell you this much: there are no bad and no good trips, a trip is a trip, which is bad and which is good is purely some mindset in your mind, if you encounter psychedelics you should always be aware that you can have so called "bad trips" but those trips are not really bad, in fact a lot of them could be seen as tests for the self, the mind and the person experiencing it, in southamerica there are indigen people that will shut their kids in caves for several after letting them ingest high doses of datura, so that they trip balls inside that cave - afterwards they let them out and they became "adults", the experiences those indigen people have usually must be quite dark, everyone who knows datura knows, still those people deal with it and it is seen as a test and even the most cruel and terrifying trips are viewed as part of once live and seen as a test of live itself and deep insight into one selfs soul.

So here in the west however, a lot of people, who use this sacred plants for simple "entertainment" purposes think they can take it and have fun, and are disappointed or terrifyied if something terrible happens or the gates of hell open in front of them (which is quite exaggerated in most but not all cases, there is always a chance of something very crazy happening), also psychosis /latent psychosis e.g are possiblitys, but again rather cultural, indigen people will see a latent psychosis outbreak not necesarily as a bad thing, but often as a good thing and test for oneself.

So while i will not answere your question with molly, i would like to encourage you to carefully think about why you want to take shrooms, because it is no way a drug you should take solely for entertainment, and it can open doors to yourself you dont want to see opened, some people even ended up in asylum because of that, but that is quite the exception, still are you prepared for having a psychosis is the question, and could you accept such a test? Probably not;

In my circle of collegues, i am basically one of the very few who take psychedelics very serious, a lot of them just took it to have fun, a lot of them were introduced to psychedelics by myself and were usually only taking things like mdma e.g as well, however i somehow really regrett showing them those substances, because they really enjoyed it, had some good trips (where i was present with them), took some small amounts of shrooms together with me and had fun, laughed, had some mild pseudo hallucinations, yes lsd and shrooms, as well as ayahuasca were pure fun to them, but one day it obviously had to happen, that someone of that circle decided to go on taking something on a party and suddenly had a "horror trip" and was terrified even days after, saying things like "man you should not do that anymore, its dangerous, if you knew, - blablabla", and that kind of stuff isnt that rare and a consequence of people in our society always want the "fun side" of it.

So reading what you write, it really seems like you do not want to have a "bad trip" and that you are scared of something like that, and thus i would say better never touch any psychedelics, because even 2-3g of shrooms, or 1g of shrooms for some people, can cause something that people would call a bad trip.

Just dont do it, if you are not prepared for a bad trip, or an perception disorder, e.g; no matter what people will tell you, there is good chance of you getting one of those things, probably not the first time, but when you like shrooms, you will take it again and again, and one day you might end up with an perception disorder that can last for 1 month or longer, which i had various times already and really isnt bad at all, but i know people and often read about it in forums, some people even go as far and say it ruined their everyday life and so forth, which is nonsense if you ask me, since its pretty easy to live with perception disorders e.g; when i had my first one i was just like "okay, when this goes away? This is interesting", but my friend, who i introduced into psychedelics and was just taking drugs for fun was really aroused by it and even wanted to go to the psychatrist, since there is treatment for it and psychatrists even have medication against it, the person was totally overwhelmed by the experience and said she will never take shrooms or lsd or any psychedelics again because she is scared that it will one day not go away; and if you think like that psychedelics are like russian roulett, dont do it.

Just my 2 cents, take them like you want, just saying.

Yes... believe it or not, MDMA can cause bad 'trips' and it's entirely possible that you might even find shrooms easier to handle.

In my experiences, MDMA is a very fucking weird drug. The first time I had actual MDMA (I'd had so-called MDMA years before that I later found out was actually MDA), I took 120mg and it knocked me on my ass. I take a lot of psychedelics and this stuff fucked me up even harder than 200mcg LSD or 30mg 2C-E... it was unbelievable.

The second half of the come-up was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I was praying and I seriously thought I was going to end up dead or in hospital. I have never sweat so profusely and I'm an athlete. I was actually sweating faster than my body could absorb the fluids I was drinking. I threw up and nearly passed out from a combination of dehydration and heat stroke... that I actually made it home on my own in one piece was nothing short of a miracle.

In all fairness: once I cooled off, rehydrated and had something to eat, I did actually felt really good. It felt nothing like I imagined though. I was expecting something like meth, but more mellow and a little less stimulating. Man was I wrong. I spent a good 2 hours crashed out on the couch with my eyes closed listening to music with a silly, mindless euphoria. It felt more like a fucking sedative than a stimulant and reminded me of GHB in some ways. I reckon I could have fallen asleep on it if I wanted to.

MDA was very stimulating and psychedelic. I would describe MDMA as a crazy fuckaloid antidepressant that bears a very vague resemblance to a lot of drugs I've taken. It feels nice and I would get into it but I'm afraid of the neurotoxicity (same with MDA).

Being paranoid about having a bad trip is basically the best way to ensure that you will indeed have a bad trip. You gotta be in a positive place where it's not even a concern. I've been to the point where I thought I was dying and couldn't remember my name or what continent I was on or any memory from my life - but I still didn't feel it's a "bad" trip. Just difficult. Azuma brought up some good points.

MDMA on the other hand really IS fucking weird! I've had incredible experiences on it, and then taken the same dose, same exact bag, and felt like I was going to die and that I needed to go to the hospital, etc. I just realized that it was the drug and it would wear off. One time this happened, I found some people to talk to and told them my situation and they sat with me and talked, played a little music for me on the didg and hang drum, and I felt amazing afterwards, just a little shook up.

My point is, MDMA and psych's are very unpredictable. I don't know if you will be ok to take shrooms, only you can know that. But you must be aware that even on a "mild" dose, sometimes you get a very potent mushroom and you can be blasted off from a small amount. You should expect the unexpected! Shrooms are often times difficult for me to be quite honest. I've never had a "bad trip" on them, but some trips had plenty of unpleasant feelings. If you buy the ticket, you take the ride. You just have to accept whatever it throws at you and work with it, and not worry about whether your trip is "good or bad". You are simply tripping.

Also, it's likely that your friend caused you to have anxiety. If someone treated me like that at a rave I would either be very angry and annoyed or I would become anxious. As far as having anxiety for a month after, I don't know what to say. Methylone (which is what you buy when you buy "molly" like 75% of the time) gave me anxiety that lasted at least a week after a session. MDMA has never given me residual anxiety after the drug's worn off.

If you find MDMA anxiogenic and have had a bad experience with it, I would not advise mushrooms in the slightest. I'd say you're upwards of 100-1000x more likely to have a bad experience with mushrooms, while with MDMA such an experience usually only happens if you take way too much or have a really bad existing anxiety issue, with mushrooms unpleasant trips can arise from just an ever so slight down in your mood.

I'd try and figure out what caused your unpleasant MDMA experience and work to resolve the issue that caused it before considering mushrooms. If you're not confident you could take MDMA again without problems, you shouldn't take mushrooms until you are. It may also be worth bearing in mind the dosage you took, since bad trips are common when taking very excessive doses of MDMA (anything over 200mg is excessive if you have good material really).

That's not to say that because you had a bad MDMA experience mushrooms will be the same, but with mushrooms bad experiences are to be expected every so often whether you're prepared or not, while MDMA is one of the substances that is very forgiving, and since all such experiences ultimately originate in your own psyche and deep-seated issues or thoughts you've been having, you'd probably be less likely to have a bad experience taking MDMA again than taking mushrooms, so be wary.

If you find MDMA anxiogenic and have had a bad experience with it, I would not advise mushrooms in the slightest. I'd say you're upwards of 100-1000x more likely to have a bad experience with mushrooms, while with MDMA such an experience usually only happens if you take way too much or have a really bad existing anxiety issue, with mushrooms unpleasant trips can arise from just an ever so slight down in your mood.

I'd try and figure out what caused your unpleasant MDMA experience and work to resolve the issue that caused it before considering mushrooms. If you're not confident you could take MDMA again without problems, you shouldn't take mushrooms until you are. It may also be worth bearing in mind the dosage you took, since bad trips are common when taking very excessive doses of MDMA (anything over 200mg is excessive if you have good material really).

That's not to say that because you had a bad MDMA experience mushrooms will be the same, but with mushrooms bad experiences are to be expected every so often whether you're prepared or not, while MDMA is one of the substances that is very forgiving, and since all such experiences ultimately originate in your own psyche and deep-seated issues or thoughts you've been having, you'd probably be less likely to have a bad experience taking MDMA again than taking mushrooms, so be wary.
This is so wrong. MDMA and shrooms are very different drugs.

People say cannabis is a good place to start if you've never taken drugs. I say bullshit. My first experience with shrooms (a strong tea my shroom-head friends brewed me) was a LOT easier to handle than my first, second, third experience with cannabis. The first ~10 times I smoked weed were some of the most intense experiences of my life and pretty nerve-racking as well. Now I smoke it every day and it doesn't affect me like it used to but when my tolerance is low I find it to be an extremely powerful drug. I don't see anything remotely beginner-friendly about it... this might have been true back in the 60s but weed has become a hell of a lot stronger since then.

MDMA has a lot of potential to cause anxiety. It gets you mangled, it functions as an amphetamine and it's way harder on the body than shrooms.
I have taken it twice and the impairment I noticed was almost as bad as that of MXE... it really puts me out of commission. I actually find it easier to function on shrooms, 2C-E or LSD than a 120mg dose of MDMA.

I think you'll be fine be sure to dose low for your first trip under 2g.
Also get a test kit..... it sounds like you got bunk rolls.

Wow, and here I thought that mdma was a baby psychedelic, if that. I have never bad tripped off of mdma and I don't think it's possible for me. =O

Then again, I HAVE seen people bad trip off of it. I remember years ago at a rave, one of my acquaintance's date was hitting on another random guy, and that acquaintance flipped the hell out and was only on mdma. He was muttering, pale as fuck and his eyes were wild. I've seen other stuff happen too.

I think it's because mdma can have a very powerful effect on emotions. A person's first time with mdma should be up there with the strongest substances.

There are such things as bad trips, with no good reasoning for them that I could find after many wasted hours of contemplation. But once it's over, you can easily not let it affect your psyche negatively with the right state of mind.

As for weed, I think you'd have to have a love of smoking it, for it to have very positive effects. People's first times can be very profound, but after you get use to it the effects are very mild but euphoric, relaxing and sedating (unless you smoke grams in one session). I think it's at that point that stoners will say it's mild or weak.

But wow, what a good mixer weed is. I mean, it mixes with just about everything pretty safely and ups the chaos. :)

For me, it would be myself and my friends having a herb smoking session. Then someone will be like, "Hey, let's take some (mdma, lsd, addy) and then smoke some more." Then we just have a blast while upping the hardcore substance with the herb. That's how it all started for me.

To the OP, hesitation and too much anxiety is no good. With psychs, I think you should be all in or all out. Compared to mdma, shrooms will inebriate your cognitive skills much more. Be prepared in mind and body, expect the unexpected, and you'll be good to go. :)