• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bad Hydrocodne Come Down??

Miketheg

Greenlighter
This is my second time ever using opiates (besides kratom- which really isnt an opiate but feels like one) and the first time it was a little hard to fall asleep and the experience wasn't great(i did a low dose of oxycodone). Tonight i tried 15 mgs of hydrocodone and it's been about 5 hours since i originally took it. But now i've been tossing and turning in bed for almost 2 hours not being able to sleep and i just got out of bed and had a huge anxiety attack. I keep getting horrible anxiety about already being addicted and i feel sick. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to put me to sleep? I have a bunch of melatonin pills but i don't know if that will work. And please don't tell me i'm addicted because my anxiety will go THROUGH THE ROOF. PLEASE HELP!!

you worry about becoming addicted, how many times have you taken opiates/opioids?
it takes a week or two of solid use to catch a habit - you say this is only your second time yh?
If so, you're not addicted - you're just panicking.
be careful combing any sedatives with the opioids you've taken as this can result in an OD
try some deep breathing and, yeah, i reiterate; if this is your second time ever, you aren't addicted.
maybe think about this next time you want to pick up yh?

You're not addicted but opiates can cause panic attacks in some. It just means those drugs aren't for you.