View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad experiance with DXM

mr.gerald

Greenlighter
I dont have a whole lot of experiance with psychoactive drugs. Just MDMA about 10 times. Decided to give DXM a try one day. I bought robo gel caps that contain 15mg of dxm each.

Popped 75mg of dxm at 8:00am before work and had a pretty terrible time. Took it on an empty stomach. I started feeling a little different around 1 hour after dosing. Not really euphoric just kinda different. I knew i wasnt sober. Started getting a stomach ache shortly after an hour. Then i proceeded to get a headache, and finally got the shits.

The only fun part was that music sounded much clearer like i was on mdma but even at such a low dose 75mg my experiance sucked overall and i dont think ill ever do it again.

Maybe im just not meant for dxm? With mdma i always roll balls and always harder than any of my other friends so i thought maybe dxm would work similar but nooo.

Seems like a lot of people have their first drug experience with MDMA and then try to recreate it with other drugs (me included at one point). Hate to break it to you, but nothing is going to feel as good as MDMA, especially that first time.

Was DXM the only active ingredient in the gel caps you took? I've tried it a handful of times and never liked it, and I LOVE other dissociatives like MXE. You also tried a pretty low dose, maybe shoot for around 300-400 next time. DXM also doesnt sound too fun at work...

My advice would be to try a different dose in a different setting, if you still dont enjoy it, just move on

Yes dxm hbr was the only active ingredient in the cough gels i took. And i figure if i took such a low dose and had a bad time that it would only be worse on a higher dose. But it wasnt like the effects were bad but the side effects were what made it bad.
And at the time when i was on it at work, i was just sitting in a chair goofing around on a computer listening to music.

Try again. 150-300mg pop in a movie, see what's on cable.
You can do DXM at work once you know what to expect.
Probably not ideal (or super ideal) doing DXM your first time at work.

Do what I said instead.

Is 75mg even psychoactive?

Well i just tried LSD for the first time yesterday and it had its positives and negatives but i did not like the perception changes and how fucking long it lasted! 15 hours before shit started looking "normal" again. Is a higher dose of dxm similar to that in terms of length of high? I really wanted my lsd trip to end after like 4 hours when the moving visuals stopped happening.