• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bad effects from speed

If he didn't use a filter, I think you've found the reason for his dirty hit.
He shot up some crap that was in the mix, by the sound of it. The high temperature and headache are characteristic of a dirty hit.
At least filter the mix before you boot it, even it it appears to dissolve clear. Cotton filters are best, but there is the risk of cotton fever, although it is relatively rare.
Micron wheel filters are ideal (aka pill filters) although not everyone likes using them coz they are tricky and they can be difficult to get.
You're friend should contact his local needle exchange and or drug user group for more info on safer injecting practices.
This is from the Vivaids website, and explains what a dirty hit is, and the symptoms.
Dirty Hits
Safer using helps to protect you from contracting blood borne viruses such as HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. It also helps avoid dirty hits, abscesses, vein collapse and so on. Dirty hits are caused by some kind of contamination in your hit. It may be caused by powder that hasn't been filtered out of crushed pills and other powders used for cutting dope. Most commonly a dirty hit is caused by contaminants in unsterile water, bacteria on injection equipment or micro-organisms on the skin. A dirty hit may come on quickly but sometimes it may take hours before you feel the effects. If you have ever had one you won't forget it in a hurry. The symptoms include severe headaches, the shakes, vomiting, sweating, fever and occasionally kidney pains. Asprin or Panadol will help stop the fever, if you are nauseous anti-nausea tablets like Stematil or Maxalon may help and it is best to drink lots of fluids. But if you, or someone you're with, has a strong reaction you should seek medical attention. If you seek medical attention it is a good idea to tell the doctor that you have had an injection and that this reaction came on soon afterwards. This is to avoid being misdiagnosed with meningitis or septicemia as many doctors are unfamiliar with dirty hits.
From here.
[ 04 February 2003: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]

The people in question in the original post might well have shot some crap along with the gear, but using a filter without washing your hands first can result in the same symptoms.
Say youre so excited about doing your shot that you don't think about the state of your hands, you pick some cotton off the cotton tip for a filter, or cut a bit off the ciggie filter as some of us do, u roll the stuff between your fingers before dropping it in the spoon and hey presto all that shit which is on your hands is now on the filter and going into your veins.
This hasnt happened to me because I'm a compulsive handwasher but the exact same situation as the OP talked about was relayed to me once. Both felt like shit, next day, new hits, no problems. Dirty filters are as much a problem as crap in the drugs.
As an aside I had some meth the other day which didn't give an awesome rush, no euphoria, just 15 constant hours of teeth chewing, massively dilated pupils and racing pulse. Was this ephedrine cut or just good shit done when I'm tired and lacking sleep? (Im very exp. user but haven't had this effect for a long time)

Originally posted by young livers heal quick:
As an aside I had some meth the other day which didn't give an awesome rush, no euphoria, just 15 constant hours of teeth chewing, massively dilated pupils and racing pulse. Was this ephedrine cut or just good shit done when I'm tired and lacking sleep? (Im very exp. user but haven't had this effect for a long time)
I would like to hear comments on this. I know someone who said the last lot of gear they had wasnt Euphoric.