• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bad bad DXM

Busybunny24

Greenlighter
So I haven't done dxm in about a year and last night I was super bored. I decided to go out and grab some tussin cough gels containing only dxm. I took them around 7pm. 8pm I started feeling It in my head and eyes and I thought to myself wow that was fast because I thought cough gels took longer to kick on. Little did I know my night was about to turn into a nightmare. First I started itching like crazy and my skin was on fire and blotchy and red. Then I started vomiting and shitting ( sorry tmi)uncontrollably for About an hour. After the hour I was fine. No more burning red blotchy skin, vomiting, or diharreah. I have never had that happen before. I have used dxm off and on for about 3 years. I have never used the capsules though only syrup. Could the capsules be the reason i had such a bad time last night? I never had this happen on the syrup. Anyone else have this problem with the capsules? I'm honestly scared to do dxm ever again.

The only thing i can think of was the liquid dxm policrilex?

How many of the capsules did you take? There could be a material in the coatings that might have laxative effects. And things like itchiness and nausea are common side effects of DXM. Just remember to figure out a specific dosage in the future if you didn't already.