• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen euphoria?

mygreenbic

Bluelighter
from what I've read bsclofen has zero recreational value. lately my experience have indicated otherwise. I'm wondering if maybe I have stumbled upon something significant.
Recently I was prescribed baclofen for spams in the cervical region of my neck (this angers me because I am in severe pain and my pain doctor refused to prescribe me anything else because of abuse potential, but baclofen causes physical dependency on par with gbl)
I have taken it several times with odd results. Last night and tonight however I have experienced lip biting and goosebumps on the back of my head along with a strong feeling of euphoria. These effects are indicative of dopamine releasing, not gabaergics, correct?
I took 60mg baclofen along with my daily 2.4grams gabapentin, 2mg clonazepam, and way earlier in the day 8mg suboxone. The only thing that I took that wasn't part of my daily regimen was 100mg diphenhydramine.
I guess my main question is - What is causing the dopamine releasing? Is it possible that maybe people are wrong about baclofen not being a euphoriant? After all, gbl is a gaba b agonist (I do realize ghb/gbl also has other pharmacological activity.) One other side effect that I am experiencing is in addition to the euphoric lip biting and goosebumps, there is a strong dysphoric feeling in my spine reminiscent of antipsychotic medication. Almost like akathesia (sp?)
I am bringing this to bluelight because there is no other place on earth (dr office included) where I can get reliable information on drugs (legal or illicit).
So, is there some kind of combination causing this or is it common to get high from baclofen. Two really bad side effects that almost always occur from using baclofen
1) the next day( if I take it at night), I sleep half way through the day, and my alarm doesn't even wake
2) an extreme feeling of having a "dirty" chemical in my body. Don't know how to explain it as it is exclusive to baclofen

thank you for any information on the pharmacology of this odd drug

baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, not active at GABA-A, which is where benzos etc work.

That's the same way I feel after taking phenibut. I have always for like 20 years waken up at 430 every morning, with no alarm. But because I stayed up real late in a hyper manic state on phenibut, i set my alarm to wake up at 5am. Totally slept thru alarm. Didn't wake until 830. Day was totally screwed up. Felt weak and out of it. I had no energy. And bruises on my arms and legs and have no idea how they got there.
Baclofen on the other hand doesn't induce that kind of hypermaniA. But it does give me a sense of well being...false I am sure. But nevertheless it kills my anxiety and lowers inhibitions, so I can function like a normal human being. Which allows me to get things done (I.e. Grocery shopping, running errands in town, answering my phone, all which would normally cause a lot of stress for me to do) I know it sounds stupid, but my anxiety has reached an all time high in the past 5 years, benzos did nothing but make me tired. So far baclofen has worked for me without the yucky come down effects

I find that there's a rather long afterglow, if you take enough baclofen. Fucking strange drug, though. Recreational dose and over dose are very close..gotta be careful. Also, you'll get sleepy with no warning and Stuart nodding etc

i think baclofen is only useful as a comfort med in opiate withdrawals, really. or maybe to potentiate opiates in small doses.

i read that baclofen was a prodrug of GHB and i abused the fuck out of it. after a seizure or two and the most indescribly revolting nausea that you could feel all over your body, i discovered it isnt recreational.

good comfort med tho, and in low doses its good for anxiety and muscle pain.

I never felt euphoria from the gaba-B or similar drugs (gabapentin, phenibut, baclofen, GHB, etc), BUT;
- as far as sleep aids go, this class of drugs absolutely destroys anything else out there. Nothing beats a sound night of phenibut sleep. And,
- as far as withdrawal from opiods goes, NOTHING helps as much as gabapentin (except more opiods!)

I've used them for years in this capacity.

I'm scripted 80mg baclofen daily. Once out of frustration out of not being able to sleep, I took 160mg all at once. What I experienced couldn't have been further from euphoria. More like severe confusion and nausea. It is not a "fun" drug as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
I have never taken gabapentin... Would like to try it tho. Sorry I just got around to answering this.

Last edited:
Gabapentin n baclofen have a cross tolerance.. Key to baclofen u gotta stack up.. 40mg hour later 20mg etc etc.. Dont exceed 250mg or youll pay for it.. Nausea and shakes.. Best mix 2mg klonopin n then stack the baclofen.. I got extreme euphoria.. Gabapentin in my mind is best bye itself.. 3200mg youll get the feeling of floating.. Be careful tho i have an insane tolerance

Sorry to bump this thread. I got access to some gabapentin. I decided to cut my dose of baclofen down, and take one (600mg) gabapentin with it instead.

Omg... it was pleasant if I had nothing to do that day. But I felt f*cked up. Weirdly drunk feeling but not drunk. I felt light as air, it did feel like I was kind of floating. But the worst part was I felt dumb as rocks! It seems like it may be good for people who have anxiety or racing thoughts. Because my brain felt full of air.. not many thoughts going thru. I was just kinda chillin... haha

I LOVE Gabapentin. I take 2 of the 8-2 mg sub strips daily, and somehow I've managed to get 90 of the 800mg, 90 of the 600mg, 90 of the 400 mgs of gabapentin. I still run out early.

Sorry to bump this thread. I got access to some gabapentin. I decided to cut my dose of baclofen down, and take one (600mg) gabapentin with it instead.

Omg... it was pleasant if I had nothing to do that day. But I felt f*cked up. Weirdly drunk feeling but not drunk. I felt light as air, it did feel like I was kind of floating. But the worst part was I felt dumb as rocks! It seems like it may be good for people who have anxiety or racing thoughts. Because my brain felt full of air.. not many thoughts going thru. I was just kinda chillin... haha

Tolerance to the GBP will increase super quick. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Should be helpful for coming off baclofen though.

I read my op and I'm embarrassed by it. But hey we all learn from our mistakes right?
Anyways this is in response to the above post that said gabapentin may help baclofen withdrawal. And I usually try not to correct people but in this case it may be important as baclofen withdrawal can be deadly and is often extremely dangerous.

So to the point. I believe baclofen is a pure gaba b agonist while gabapentin while being an actual gaba analogies, it actually does not bind or modulate any of the gaba receptors nor bz receptors. From what I've read, the only thing that can attenuate baclofen withdrawal is to reinstate the baclofen and slowly reduce it. After coming off of it completely sometimes in a medical setting they will use benzodiazepines to help prevent seizures and to calm the horrific anxiety.

Be careful with gaba b agonists. This isn't something you want to test, please believe me

Lyrica and gabapentin are also the best in attenuation of stimulant crashes. They've saved me from amphetamine psychosis many a times
I never felt euphoria from the gaba-B or similar drugs (gabapentin, phenibut, baclofen, GHB, etc), BUT;
- as far as sleep aids go, this class of drugs absolutely destroys anything else out there. Nothing beats a sound night of phenibut sleep. And,
- as far as withdrawal from opiods goes, NOTHING helps as much as gabapentin (except more opiods!)

I've used them for years in this capacity.

I read my op and I'm embarrassed by it. But hey we all learn from our mistakes right?
Anyways this is in response to the above post that said gabapentin may help baclofen withdrawal. And I usually try not to correct people but in this case it may be important as baclofen withdrawal can be deadly and is often extremely dangerous.

So to the point. I believe baclofen is a pure gaba b agonist while gabapentin while being an actual gaba analogies, it actually does not bind or modulate any of the gaba receptors nor bz receptors. From what I've read, the only thing that can attenuate baclofen withdrawal is to reinstate the baclofen and slowly reduce it. After coming off of it completely sometimes in a medical setting they will use benzodiazepines to help prevent seizures and to calm the horrific anxiety.

Be careful with gaba b agonists. This isn't something you want to test, please believe me
You are correct.