• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Baclofen euphoria questions

Qualityoflife89

Greenlighter
From my considerably extensive research into the available threads on baclofen, I've discerned that I'm in the percentile of individuals who experience euphoria from oral baclofen ingestion. I've taken it in the past and experienced elevated mood, improved quality of life, decreased social anxiety, and all around euphoria; I never continued use until recently out of fear of dependcy.

I've always been hyper aware of anything that could potentially create a dependency, however, baclofen has made me reconsider. Dealing with increasing depression has begun a search for something to alleviate the symptoms. Baclofen, so far, obliterates depression.

It has allowed me to enjoy the things in life I used to prior to depression. I talk more, love more, and have no social anxiety. The only downsides I've noted are reduced speaking filterms and mild headaches upon waking.

I realize baclofen is potentially harmful at high doses. I've never ingested more than 60mg in a day. My recent average is 40-50mg. I intentionally keep it low.

My questions are these: does a tolerance for the euphoria, for those who experience it and have take baclofen for a long period of time, increase to unsafe levels? Does the euphoria eventually go away all together? Is there anything else I need to be aware of with the drug? Are there any similar alternatives that produce similar effects?

Thank you in advance. This drug has dramatically improved the quality of my life and any input by experienced users is immensely appreciated.

Worst Phamaceutical I've Ever Had

Baclofen was the least recreational pharmaceutical I've ever had and I am counting phenobarbital and phenazepam!

When I got my script for Baclofen I was expecting it to be a muscle relaxer like Soma (carisoprodol) which is one of my favorites, but not only was it a very dirty effect resembling if I had to compare I would say alcohol (much less euphoric & very dirty even taken with opioids to potentiate it just ruined the entire high instead)....nothing like benzos!

Every morning I would throw up, violently so and its not a rare reaction b/c everyone I gave it to experienced the same problems| It has zero medical use!

It is absolute trash, pure garbage as far as recreation goes and its medical value is zero to none with the side effects greatly outweighing the positives....though there aren't any positives!

My dose was 10mg 3x day and the highest I took was 50mg-60mg/day but even on 10mg a day, the morning after I would violently vomit!

Last edited:
Ive used baclofen recreationally and if you reach that point, imo i think it has great recreational effects, i took around 80-100MG maybe more and it has empathetic effects to that of molly, you love everything, best mood ever, very happy. It was one of the best highs I experienced, but no matter what dose the next day I would have projectile vomiting from the shit. It likely will make you puke at the dose to reach those effects, all my buddies that have tried it also got sick the next day

The effects i got from it were id say good/alright its not worth the side effects from it

i've taken from 10mg-60mg trying to get effects on several occassions, never felt a damn thing, never got the vomitting y'all mention either. no desire to go higher attempting to attain some kinda high, i agree that all it does is slightly "dirty" the feeling of whatever else you're on.

If you take at those dosages for a considerable period of time, the thing you need to be careful of is withdrawal effects. They can be quite severe and prolonged. Look them up. They are very similar to barbiturate and benzodiazepine withdrawals, but are known for causing delirium and psychosis/psychotic symptoms.

Alternatives would just include other gabapentinoids, ie phenibut, gabapentin, pregabalin.

I think Baclofen is a potentially a very dangerous drug. I went through a stage of taking this for awhile with very strange effects but i kept taking it cause i kinda liked it and I'm a drug addict but this is what it did too me.
Only 5 pills (can't remember the mg strength) and it would have speed like delirium effects and be feeling highly wigged out at the same time but i guess I kinda liked it cause i did it for awhile. When I very first got a script for baclofen i was young and like now loved my benzo's and because its not a benzo but an apparent muscle relaxant i thought well fuck i guess I'll have to take twice the amount than benzo's obviously being highly uneducated about drugs at that young stage in my life and this is what happened... I took 17 pills and started to get a massive mood lift but wierd and dirty and i just wanted to talk and do thinks hence the speed like affects but not long after the delirium effects started. I decided to drive to a friend's place (do not drink/take drugs and drive) which was only ten minutes away but as I started to drive i forgot what i was doing. I remember driving and thinking where am i going then thinking I dunno i figure it out when i get there and swerving all over the place. I finally nodded off and came to driving off the road at 100k/ph and luckily was only on gravle and managed to pull up and not hit a tree and kill myself. Then I just remember a car pulling up and a man getting out screaming at me saying things like"what the fuck are you doing I've been following you for ages and you've been swerving all over the place, I'm surprised you haven't killed someone" i then looked at the passenger seat where the bottle of baclofen was and said "i think I've had too many pills", he took my car keys and drove off. I was still slightly lucid enough to hitch hike to the nearest town and remember calling my Dad and told him where i was which was like an hour or more away from my original destination! He told me to stay where i was and i just remember crying saying i don't know what's going on. Then came the blackouts again, i blacked out for hrs in a scapolamine like delirium and just remember walking in the middle of nowhere (cause i was in a very small country town) and remember nearly falling off a bridge which would off killed me and finally after who knows how many hours my dad and my sister found me and put me in the car and drove me back home to his house where he checked on me cause i kept passing out. He's a nurse and knew what i took so didn't take me to hospital.
I eventually found 5 pills was a wierd fucked up speed like fun but this shit is very fucking dangerous!

That's another thing...because of its direct action on GABA B receptors, in high dosages, baclofen causes intense hyperpolarizations and sedation, and does cause nodding which can be quite abrupt. This is similar to the sudden "sleep attack" that D2 receptor agonists like pramipexole and ropinirole can cause, and because the D2 and GABA B receptor share the same GIRK channel, they can have similar effects if the dose of the GABA B agonist is high enough. The sleep attacks that the D2 agonists cause have happened to people out of nowhere - even whilst driving - and they report that they didn't even feel sleepy before hand. At high dosages, baclofen can do this as well. You can go from being very stimulated and hypomanic, to nodding and suddenly passing out of nowhere, so caution should be exercised.

Well one thing is for sure that Baclofen is a very dangerous drug and without such knowledge as thegirlwithbluehair provided is easy to be underestimated like i did although that was 20 odd (very odd) years ago. I have never done any research on Baclofen because i haven't taken it since I was a teen but blue hair girl knows her shit well! Thanks b/c I always wondered why it had such wierd effects but have never and will never take this drug again, i don't think it has much therapeutic properties or recreational values but that's just my opinion!

I only speak for me but 70-100mg a few times a day for no more than 3 days in a row. Only adds to my weed high and overall sense of well-being. I'm prescribed Klonipin 6mg a day Gabapentin 3.6 grams(800mg x4 as well) and 10mg oxycodone. PLEASE understand I don't use this shit every day and/or at the doses they want me to take for the day... lol. Hey, I have good docs. But I save the GABAPENTIN cause it's next to useless when high on THC(If you want the AMAZING Gaba shine/trip I call it don't smoke or vape THC for a day or 2.) AND while staggering 30min 300mg doses endlessly. After I !Decide! to put the bud down(For me I have a MMJ Card so it's always an option the dispensary is down the road a few miles) for me I use a mix of flower and various vape carts. My point to add is Baclofen is awesome with weed. keep an eye on yourself if your not a 5-Star general(Start with 50-70mg if unsure) if you want to play but been using it this way for 5+ years with no ill effects.