• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Baclofen after long time Benzo Use

AmysPillBox

Greenlighter
Hey Everyone,
about 8 months ago i got into an accident and got some chronic pain. :X

So far the meds i have been getting are EVERY SINGLE DAY

Percocets (40mg Oxycodone/day) for pain

Valium (20mg/day) for Sleep and muscle relaxing

may i remind you i have a supply of 5mg valium pills and percocets 10
and used to not take them for a day or two when i was feeling good and then take like 25mg Valium at a one time

Recently i have been switching to a different treatment (600mg Pregabaling & 30mg Duloxetine) and i found it very succsesfull for the pain! YAY!
BUT...
i find it really REALLY HARD to wean myself of my daily dose of benzos and Oxy..

i have been lowering my everyday dose to
15mg of oxy
and about 10 mg diazepam

but still i want to stop taking them..

i read somewhere that Baclofen is supirior to Diazepam and can help Cravings for benzos and opioids..
i got from my doctor last night a box of 30 10mg Pills of Baclofen..

any advise on how to taper down off the benzos?
will Baclofen be as Addictive?
does anyone have any experience with Baclofen?

Baclofen is a wonderful, underutilized drug in many doctors opinions and I think you'll find it helpful with your condition. At the level of Diazepam you're at a reduction of 1-2mg every 5 days should be rather painless and the Baclofen will help with that too. The Oxy reduction needs to be tailored by you but your levels are modest so that shouldn't be problematic.

?High-dose baclofen induced complete and prolonged suppression of symptoms and consequences of alcohol dependence, and relieved anxiety,? he continued. ?This model, integrating cure and well-being, should be tested in randomized trials, under medical surveillance. It offers a new concept: medication-induced, dose-dependent, complete and prolonged suppression of substance-dependence symptoms with alleviation of comorbid anxiety.?
EtOH study but still related.

A great read about several subjects who used Baclofen to aid in benzo/ barb cessation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271384/

Good Luck Amy!

My oxy consumption I think is going to stay in the 10-30mg per day area as I am experiencing pain whenever I have to walk for a period of time or if I am sitting for a longer period of time.. the lyrica only reduces pain if I am in resting mode.
I am going to try your advise about tapering my Valium every 5 days.
I have high hopes for the baclofen and have tried 10 mg baclofen and 5 mg diazepam last night and I slept a well rested sleep ( haven?t been getting a lot of those lately)

There's nothing wrong with staying on modest oxy but you might consider rotating pain meds to prevent tolerance. That's another problem with the pregabalin is that tolerance can grow quickly so try to keep the doses low so if you really need it you can take some extra and it will still work well. Staying in touch with your doctor about all of this goes without saying but being proactive for your treatment is a good thing.

I know this is a dry read but it shows how well Baclofen works in rough cases. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271384/

still getting used to the 600mg a day..my pains are still there so ill wait before upping or lowering the dose
im still taking the oxy with it..
i have been rotating oxycodone and tramadol
i have these tramadex pill that have 100mg of tramadol but it says it has this contramid Starch mechanism so it slow released over 24 hours...that pill is worthless and does not even help with pain what the hell is 100mg tramadol split into 24 hours?
i cant seem to get through that mechanism ..
just started taking cymbalta..would that work good with tramadol?
There's nothing wrong with staying on modest oxy but you might consider rotating pain meds to prevent tolerance. That's another problem with the pregabalin is that tolerance can grow quickly so try to keep the doses low so if you really need it you can take some extra and it will still work well. Staying in touch with your doctor about all of this goes without saying but being proactive for your treatment is a good thing.

I know this is a dry read but it shows how well Baclofen works in rough cases. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271384/

When it comes to SSRI's and SNRI's I'd clear that it with your doctor because of the possibility of serotonin syndrome. I believe you said you were using very modest amounts of Tram like 100mg, which shouldn't be all that problematic, but if you are taking these without medical consultation I would hold off till you can double check your history and any other conditions with your current physician that could contribute to Serotonin Syndrome as it's no joke.

I know this might sound crazy, but I'm on 3mg xanax, 30mg baclofen, 50 mg Vyvanse,and. 24 mg subutex. Long story short I really just had problems at night trying to get off the benzos. So what I figured out was as long as I take all of my meds in the morning and not after 4 or 5. Then eat a good dinner, at around 8 or nine I would be feeling very anxious. So I just started drinking Vodka, or like 3 or 4 Mike's Hard Lemonade and It was so much easier to get off the xans. But definitely wien yourself down. Don't just stop cold turkey. At one point I was on all that plus 6 mgs of xans. That much I needed k pins to lower my dosage. Remember this is just coming from one person, and everybody handles detoxing differently. Best of luck.