• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Back To Basics - DMT, Psilocybin, Mescaline - Should I Explore Any Other Psychedelics

bickoma

Bluelighter
I'm just getting back into exploring my mind and my spirit...

I was doing some browsing (haven't been on BL in years) and noticed a lot of talk of RCs like DPT... did some research, thinking I would explore "The Light", but I'm still drawn to DMT. Still haven't had a real DMT experience.

I'll be making aya. However, I'm very interested to know if there's any research you have done out there where "other" chemicals (I don't like LSD, too speedy for me) have "unlocked" certain trains of thought for you... or if it's more of personal preference.

I guess it boils down to this:

Do you think different chemicals offer different core insight, OR do you think it's about finding the right "vehicle" that you can ride/drive best?

-b

I find that different people like different drugs for different reasons...

Pot-ae-toes, pot-a-toes, you dig?

edit: on your end question, my answer is this- yes, some drugs do indeed inspire different thoughts/feelings, and are better suited to spiritual explorations. In my case, LSD is the God molecule, and no other drug will ever hold a candle up to it, no matter the dose. For others, that drug might be mushies, mescaline, DMT... maybe even 2C-E. You can never know unless you try them.

Last edited:
I agree it's personal preference. Look up the favorite psychs poll somewhere on this site and LSD, shrooms, DMT and mesc probably make up the top 4. For me LSD is the king of psychs, while shrooms are very hit-and-miss.

But it can also be interesting to see if certain rc's work well for you. DOC is in my top 3. Also combinations can potentially be more valuable than individual psychs. LSD with MDMA or LSD with 2C-B is amazing. Again, what works best for you might be totally different.

That being said, they do have their own unique signature. I doubt anyone will tell you shrooms are more speedy than LSD.

Last edited:
In my experience trying other psychedelics (the 'analogues') sometimes yields very interesting results and other times uninteresting / unimpresssive or even negative results... you'd have to be willing to experiment and accept the errors that go with trial and error. Whether you are adventurous like that or not is personal preference and personality related I think.
It's not bad to stay close to home, but the downside to that, which you'd have to accept, is that you leave some potential gems untouched and unexplored.

Of course it is not necessarily black and white, trying everything or sticking to the true classics is both a little extreme perhaps, you can also decide to only try a select number of the more experimental or lesser used psychedelics... based on reputation or certain promised effects.

What you ultimately decide is not for us to say, actually we have rules against that ;)