• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Back-loading (cold-shake) and ROA...?

hairoonhairoon

Greenlighter
I have been using needle for a couple months now and in my searches to see whats ok and not ok I have come across these two terms: backloading or "cold-shake" something into a rig, and the acronym ROA. I have some understanding of what backloading is but I was wondering specifically what. I do know however that it is a not so safe way to prep a rig.... Another term I came across is ROA which I think is an acronym..? I read about it whenever I see someone talking about plugging their drugs.... I'm still cloudy on what that means exactly also.... If it's what it sounds like then.... I apologize if I am reposting something that has already been answered but I did look on the website for threads that may have an answer in them and I couldn't find anything that specifically talked about these two terms other than just mentioning them to people that already knew what they meant. Please help me understand what these two things are and I thank you whoever can help me...:\

ROA - Route Of Administration

Backloading is when you take the plunger out of the rig, dump in some powder, put the plunger back in, and then fill the rig with water (alternatively have heard to add water then put plunger back) --> not safe at all, even if you think the substance is fully dissolved, because there is no filter!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
"Backloading" is when the plunger is removed from the syringe and the prepared drug solution is loaded from the back. People commonly confuse Cold Shaking with Backloading... not the same thing.

"Cold Shaking" commonly refers to a method of prepping heroin, cocaine, Dilaudid and some other types of pills. The plunger is removed from the barrel of the syringe and the crushed drug is poured in, water added and shaken until dissolved.

Due to the lack of filteration, this is a very unsafe method of prepping drugs for injection, pills especially.

Thank you. yes both of these helped... Not sure if it's ok to change subject and ask this, if not i wont take offense, but does anyone know the beginning signs or symptoms of infection...? I may just be paranoid but i can see a tiny black spot in the middle of one of my points of entry. I tried to unclog my rig with the lighter method and im thinking it could be soot from that but either way i wanted to know what it could be... again i apologize if im not supposed to ask this here..

EDIT: I need to stop shooting as often as I do. It's really nerve-racking with all the risks and prep you have to do and take. Granted if done right it's smoother than done wrong, but never the less it still takes a large amount of energy to be bothered with the "what ifs...?" in doing it this often... anyone else feel that way sometimes? JW

Last edited: