• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

B. Caapi and Acacia Confusa, how should I prepare?

EstherAmadore

Greenlighter
One of my Youtube followers who is also interested in psychedelics tipped me off to some decent priced red b. caapi vine. I bought about an ounce of that and for DMT I also got an ounce of pretty good looking acacia confusa root bark. I was wondering if anyone else has tried a similar combo and how you went about preparing it and what a good ratio of acacia to vine would be. I will probably just do it by myself in my house.

If I repeatedly boil down the liquid for the acacia and the caapi in separate pots, save the boiled down water and replace the liquid in the pot with the bark/vine about 3 times, should that work?

Honestly yes that sounds amazing. There are all kinds of fancy ways to prepare this stuff but remember originally these healing plants are generally prepared by boiling. I don't know how sensitive the alkaloids are though so i would definitely avoid a rolling boil. Try to get it to simmer at the most or maybe just steam a bit.

Since you are experimenting remember to start low. And please remember with working with MAOIs (b. caapi) to be extremely careful with what you are putting in your body. I'm very curious to see where this leads.

Check this thread for some info that might be pertinent to what you are doing (warning: a lot of info) https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32549

When I was living with a shaman and his family in the Ecuadorian Amazon, they would boil the B. Caapi vine together with Chaliponga leaves for at least 4 hours. From what I remember I think I remember seeing it boiling, and definitely at least simmering. You can simmer just to be safe but regardless I'm pretty sure the boiling point of DMT is something over 300 degrees Fahrenheit and most of the harmala alkaloids are even higher, so I don't think you have much to worry about. It takes awhile to prepare though. Acacia wouldn't be much different obviously if it's only the DMT you're after. I remember them scraping the outer layer of the vine off and then smashing it into strands with a stone too.

Honestly yes that sounds amazing. There are all kinds of fancy ways to prepare this stuff but remember originally these healing plants are generally prepared by boiling. I don't know how sensitive the alkaloids are though so i would definitely avoid a rolling boil. Try to get it to simmer at the most or maybe just steam a bit.

Since you are experimenting remember to start low. And please remember with working with MAOIs (b. caapi) to be extremely careful with what you are putting in your body. I'm very curious to see where this leads.

Check this thread for some info that might be pertinent to what you are doing (warning: a lot of info) https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32549

thanks! A lot of info is good. I've definitely been restricting my diet, red meat's not so hard other than the fact I work at a deli and have to stare down bacon all day. Booze is a little harder to cut out but that's probably a sign I should be cutting back anyway.

If I get anything out of it I'll post my trip report on this thread!

When I was living with a shaman and his family in the Ecuadorian Amazon, they would boil the B. Caapi vine together with Chaliponga leaves for at least 4 hours. From what I remember I think I remember seeing it boiling, and definitely at least simmering. You can simmer just to be safe but regardless I'm pretty sure the boiling point of DMT is something over 300 degrees Fahrenheit and most of the harmala alkaloids are even higher, so I don't think you have much to worry about. It takes awhile to prepare though. Acacia wouldn't be much different obviously if it's only the DMT you're after. I remember them scraping the outer layer of the vine off and then smashing it into strands with a stone too.
That sounds like a fascinating time, thank you for the info. I'm glad to know the alkaloids shouldn't be too sensitive to the heat, it sounds like the prep is relatively simple.