• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bëcchëte (Tabernaemontana undulata) - A South American Ibogaine Plant With A History

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
How did I miss this? Discovered in 2003, identified in 2008, and it did not come across the MGS inter-wire until today.

Effects

When applied directly to the eye, Becchete has the effect of giving the environment greater texture and dimension, making it easier to spot animals during hunting. The effects are reported to be long-term, lasting days or weeks, not just a few hours. In addition to visual enhancement, there is also an increase in energy.

That sounds familiar....iboga is used for the same thing.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0308/feature1/index.html

Is this a psychedelic or does it just increase visual acuity? What a wonderful find MGS-enthnobotanicals need to be studied much more.

For some reason this reminds me of this.
[video=youtube_share;izsym4bxeGA]http://youtu.be/izsym4bxeGA[/video]
I'm fairly sure it is safe to assume at one point the Sahara Desert was probably a Lush jungle.
With many species in it which have gone extinct since the fall of egypt.
It's been proven that the nile, at one point actually touched the atlantic ocean. They found dried up Canals and Riverbeds, that stretched from just below the Nile Delta, all the way across the desert, to another Delta, in the Atlantic.
So what i like to think is, that because Africa and South America once touched before the tectonic plates seperated everything. The two Land masses shared alot of the same species. Only Africa has had industrious civilization there longer, thus the decline in the rainforest and species.

Or who knows maybe there was a Pre Colonial trade route between Africa and South America. One that never got written into the history books.
I think it is amazing that there is an Ibogaine species in South America.
But it would be even more amazing to find a Coca plant, in some lost African jungle.

Or who knows maybe there was a Pre Colonial trade route between Africa and South America. One that never got written into the history books.
I think it is amazing that there is an Ibogaine species in South America.
But it would be even more amazing to find a Coca plant, in some lost African jungle.

there are Erythroxylum species native to southeast asia as well as Australia... and there are known trade routes from southeast asia to india to the middle east on to Egypt...

its a common misconception that coca is only found in South America