• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Awful comedown from speed - any ideas what happened/how to prevent in the future?

jessicadee

Greenlighter
I'm a regular week amphetamine user and been using the same dealer for years. He's always been reliable and had excellent products. Last weekend my pipe broke so I had to snort instead of smoking (which may have led me to consume more). The speed was a yellowish colour and quite sticky. I've tried it before, but normally only on top of some other speed I had, which was less sticky and in my opinion, much better (I'd been hoarding it for awhile but run out of the old stuff). Anyway, snorted around 2 points in total and ended up awake for over 24 hours on top of a valium and a shitload of alcohol. Had one of the worst comedowns of my life, comparable to meth, and I am still recovering four days later. My brain feels absolutely zapped. Normally all I get is a little tired the next day - this is on a completely different level.

I checked with the dealer and it isn't meth. He's a reliable guy and there's no way he would sell me a false product. Plus, it's not in his financial interest to do so. So what the hell happened? Is there something wrong with the product? Normally speed just gives me a little buzz and an awake feeling for a few hours when smoked, but this shit felt a lot more like meth. I ended up reading my unfinished novel ALOUD (like around 60, 000 words of prose, you do the math) from beginning to end for my friends who were also on speed - that's how fucking buzzed I was.

You say you smoke amphetamine... are you saying you smoke amphetamine paste??? There is no reliably safe way to do this because of the acid that amphetamine paste is made with. I would never put that shit near my lungs, it's not the same as smoking meth.

Yeah, I never heard of smoking speed unless it's meth you're talking about. You're putting some toxic shit in your lungs.

Been smoking amphetamine for years, the stuff I get isn't a paste (like gak) and it's not meth. Believe me, I know the difference. The stuff I get is specifically designed to be smoked - not sure of the ins-and-out of how they get it into that state, but it's definitely not toxic and has never caused me any problems. Also, not the point of this thread.

Been smoking amphetamine for years, the stuff I get isn't a paste (like gak) and it's not meth. Believe me, I know the difference. The stuff I get is specifically designed to be smoked - not sure of the ins-and-out of how they get it into that state, but it's definitely not toxic and has never caused me any problems. Also, not the point of this thread.

if you're not sure about how its made and whats in it how could you possibly be sure its definitely not toxic ?

if you're not sure about how its made and whats in it how could you possibly be sure its definitely not toxic ?

Well, of course anybody who uses street drugs is taking a risk. I suppose common sense and logic are the tools I have used to evaluate whether or not it is worth the risk and can be classified as 'toxic'. The speed in question is a white, rock-like structure that smokes well without leaving behind lots of ugly residue. The dealer is a close friend of mine (someone I have known longer than the amount of time I have been consuming drugs) and he would never knowingly provide me with a toxic product. He always tells me whenever his speed isn't smokeable and when it is. If it isn't, the speed is usually stickier and has paste-like texture akin to regular street speed. On top of that, I only smoke small amounts every other weekend so it isn't a frequent habit that would put extreme stress on my body and it isn't something I am likely to continue doing for much longer.

Just because you have not encountered the same product or the same way of consuming it doesn't mean that it's any more dangerous than more common methods of consumption or versions of a similar product.