• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Avoiding delirium on promethazine?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I bought x56 (25mg) tablets of Phenegran and I read up that they can cause delirium in high doses as they are anti-cholinergics. I'm taking 2mg of risperidone daily which is also a weak anti-cholinergic. What is a good dose for sleeping?

For sleep I would start with half a tablet (12.5mg) or a whole tablet (25mg). Delirium shouldn't be a concern at these doses.

Although I don't have experience mixing it with your risperidone.

For sleep I would start with half a tablet (12.5mg) or a whole tablet (25mg). Delirium shouldn't be a concern at these doses.

Although I don't have experience mixing it with your risperidone.

Is it alright to take two??

Is it alright to take two??
Yes taking two would also be fine. I wouldn't take much more than that though. If two doesn't help you sleep, taking more than that probably won't either.

I can't find anything particularly troubling about taking it in combination with risperidone but I would start at the lower end of dosages and see how that effects you before taking more.

Try half one night and then if that wasn't enough try a whole the next night etc

Promethazine can be taken pretty safely in the 50-100mg range without too many side-effects for most people. The sedative and antiemetic effects work well at these dosages. The deliriant effects of promethazine usually occur in very high dosages of 150-300mg+. But if you are looking to take them therapeutically then there should be very little chance that you will enter that state of mind. 25-50mg has me ready to hit the sack.