• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australians.... A quick question from a Brit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in this country for over 20 yrs. To blame the Howard government of 10 yrs ago is a long bow to draw when I have experienced the same shit every day I have lived here. I guess I am fortunate that I look "Aussie" i.e. not dark or Asian, but having a low profile just means most grubs let down their guard and show their true colours around me. I am proud of where I was born but at the same time I generally don't peg who I am by coasting on the achievements of my fellow countrymen. Some might say "fuck off back where you came from" but having passed a citizenship test, I am probably more deserving to live here than someone whose biggest achievement was their mum conceiving in the back seat of a Commondore during a drunken knees up in the car park of a pub.

Back to your old self again Busty, it's a shame.

Oh, and if anyone thinks his post is genius and is contributing to this forum, or thread, by all means, lick is whinging ass hole.

Back to your old self again Busty, it's a shame.
yeah, it's a shame when a mod would rather stir shit and troll than contribute to a thread, but i guess us 'grubs' need to be put in our place somehow.

busty, you might be a "sophisticate" in your own mind, but your political comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired.
when somebody like myself makes a passing reference to "the howard years" (not that snivelling individual personally) i am referring to a time, a place, an attitude that proliferated in that time.

i refer to the socio-cultural context of that period, the legacy of his leadership and where we are as a community in its wake. i could be talking about the harm he did to education, the national broadcaster or social welfare, but in this case i am talking about the way people in australia think about australia - and being australian - in a way that is different to the time before we were led by the fucking liberals for 11 years.

it's like all the openness and welcoming spirit that was hyped in the lead-up to the sydney olympics was instantly tainted and undone by one shameful political period - the handling of what we know as the "tampa incident" and the "children overboard" saga.

when pauline hanson hit the political scene in the mid-late 1990s she created a stir by saying racist, ignorant shit in parliament. people were shocked. some agreed with her, some cringed with embarrassment.

five years after she did her maiden speech in parliament (1996 i think it was?), after her political party came out as the voice of anti-immigration loonies and dumbfucks everywhere - she and her cronies suddenly became irrelevant.
why?
because Howard and his mob (who were about to be trounced in the 2001 federal election by the ALP) suddenly appropriated a lot of One Nation's policies as their own. all that shit about turning refugee boats bound for Australia around, throwing around anti-islamic sentiment in the post sept 11 paranoia that was being ridden hard by the mainstream press.

anyway, Howard came out with all this 'we will decide who enters this country' rhetoric - turning his back on the long honoured Australian tradition of helping needy people flee violence and oppression (well, long honoured since the Vietnam war...let's not mention the holocaust/white australia policy and that other racist dirtbag Menzies; a different nationalism in a very different time) - instead making it an election issue - something no other prime minister was low enough to do.
see, the people that run this country know there is racist sentiment in the community - but for the sake of national dignity and harmony, they don't usually pander to it for their own political gain (or to save their political skin like john w howard did).
it was this open xenophobia that reflected back into the community; saying it was ok to be a bigot.

that is howard's legacy, and that is what i am talking about. the howard years.

now if you're finished derailing the thread (oh, that's right, we know how you feel about drug addicts) i would just like to mention how much i hate sport. fucking bread and circuses shit that keeps people distracted. sport is like religion and politics - boring, tribalistic and a distraction from what's really going on. it's got fuck all to do with society, culture, humanity - it's just a vehicle for advertising, machismo and sedating the masses.

cornishman, good luck with any endeavours to get to this wide brown land. we need more people with good taste in drugs, if you ask me ;)

Last edited:
534616-pauline-hanson.jpg

^ so that's where tony abbott got that schtick from. fucking rank, man.
i can't un-see that :!

^That was for Celebrity Apprentice Aust I think. she was against parading in her underwear but negotiated $150,000 for charity for doing it.

Still, need to go soak my eyes in some bleach for a while.

This thread did not go in the direction I was expecting.
I just want to say... I'm from Melbourne, and of all the people I know from my age group, 25 or under. I only know one person I consider to be actually racist, at times it makes me ashamed to call that man my friend. But like many racists they're often people with low intelligence and poor education and if I had not been friends prior to realising this person was racist, I would not have become his friend. But I know several 100 people who aren't in the least bit racist, I know plenty of people who say racist jokes, but I don't and never will consider this to be racist. I personally find satire or political incorrect humor more often then not a sign of equality. This may sound absurd and I can understand why. But the people I've grown up with stand for equal rights, aren't sexist, racist or homophobic but saying jokes about any of these are humourous because as a joke they're a ridiculous thing to say that doesn't reflect how you feel.

On the flip side, as a white 3rd generation Australian , it is not my place to make this judgement call. I can only state how I feel and how I see things, but the truth is I don't and probably never will know what it feels like to be that outsider who's history have suffered oppression. The worst I've had is snide comments about drug use from people I know. And I find that prejudice so I understand how easily people can be offended by things that are said in jest. In my ideal world, we as one species could ALL make fun of each other, all share jokes from race, color, sexuality, drug use etc. But we are far from that day.

I don't know where I'm going with all this, but I guess my point is, that whilst parts of Australia there may still be racism, I VERY rarely see it, people are ridiuclued for there words, and rightfully so. Acceptance is the key.

i would just like to mention how much i hate sport. fucking bread and circuses shit that keeps people distracted. sport is like religion and politics - boring, tribalistic and a distraction from what's really going on.

And at THIS, first thing I remember you saying spacejunk that I disagree with so greatly. Whilst sometimes sport fuels disgusting behavior. As a whole I think sport is one of the great unifying things of all country's. Tribalistic, perhaps at a national level, but it also unites a common interest of great numbers. This in my opinion is essential to the country's social structure. Perhaps your views towards people who watch and play sports has become skewed from the media not unlike so many people who have such a skewed view of drugs.

A distraction of what's really going on. There always has been and always be much more important issues then sport, perhaps this is why people flock to it though. I think you forget that the fundamental point of sport is not fitness, but joy. If people like sport then that distraction from what's really going on is no more damaging then a persons favourite t.v show. People need distractions from what's really going on, if we spent all our time trying to fix all the issues in this world then we would forget to live, I think sport is responsible for very few problems and is a wonderful thing.

Being boring, is the only part of your statement I understand. Sport is definitely not for everyone, but it suprises me that someone who has such a libetarian view of people rights and to do things that they want to do. Can have such a negative view of one of the few truly successful things that helps unite country's because of some douche bag behaviour, which can occur in any other medium.

Please don't put in to the same catergory as Politics or RELIGION ever again, please =)

Last edited:
^ it was just a jab at busty, really.
i got no gripe with lawn bowls...
i think 'sport' and 'real issues' are mutually exclusive, which is the only point i was really trying to make.

we all have our prejudices; our very own busty st claire has shown a particular bias against people who find themselves habituated to opiates through non-medical uses, hence this thread got turned into a pile of vomit with a few choice OT remarks. he knows that game, to be sure.
how people live their lives is cool with me, so long as you don't expect me to engage in, discuss, view or in any other way be part of sports. to me it's a cancer eating away at our culture, but that's my highly skewed cave-dwelling hermit point of view. just a personal prejudice drawn from years of experience. it's not my scene, right?
do what thou pleases.

21st century we should be sharing the earth equally, no borders, no countries.
who draws the line between rascist, or defending territory and culture, and why?
there are too many people on our one little earth.
the definition of free range chickens is?

the definition of free range chickens is?

The ones on my lawn now, wondering about the yard, eating what they like and making a mess and laying really rich yellow eggs on the daily.

Back on topic - re-distributed seems to have answered the question, yes, it seems you will need to declare that you are on methadone and talk to the doctor about it when you take the forms to him to sign off on as far as I read)

m804rr.png

And they blood test you as well I think it said, looking for HIV I think, but im not sure what else they'd pick up or whatever.

Goto that link from re-distributed up on the 4th post and read thru it and maybe you could try and contact them and just ask them if it is possible or not.

Last edited:
And they blood test you as well I think it said, looking for HIV I think, but im not sure what else they'd pick up or whatever.

Given that every additional test (including on the same blood sample) costs more money, probably not much. Nothing tends to show up unless you're looking for it.

OP> ask ur GP/Dr. they should possibly know the answer to your question. Enjoy it if you make it over here.

This was uploaded today to youtube two days ago. Racist fuckheads on a bus in Australia =(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hp6J6PF47CM

One incident out of many; I was on the nod express to Liverpool (going to work) many years ago and there were boys of a middle eastern appearance on their way to school. Anyway like any 16-17 year old these idiots were trying to hit on a bunch of school girls in the carriage using lovely crude language and sophisticated gestures and body movements (really reminded me of the white angelo-saxon boys from my school). Anyway nor the girls or anyone else in the carriage were overtly annoyed or worried, all except for the grizzled old white guy festering away as these arab boys tried, with almost zero percent possibility, of getting with these girls.

Of course after less then 10 minutes of jabbering he was unable to stand it he stood up and cursed loudly several racist statements.

before you knew it half dozen arab boys were thrusting chests and screaming at the top of their voices claiming they'd kill the old bloke, the old bloke screamed back and you know it was almost about to be on....myself and a nice lookin chick had to talk em down explaining that the white guy didn't speak for us and it was more likely his age and lack of intelligence and not his white skin that mattered.

What I've learnt is that all races practice bigotry of all sorts. However race is not our identity. Culture is. Some cultures are worse then others in various attributes and others especially sub-cultures that we all know and love are particularly offensive and racist. However cultures with homgenous ethnic attributes like the asian ones the racist is far more apparent since the vast majority of the population are of the one race. Take Korean. They really dislike the Japanese, the Filipinos really don't like the Japanese either (don't get em started, the Chinese look down on country ethnic folk and above all, nearly every Asian culture hates the Vietnamese. Its the like hide the grog whenever the Vietnamese come over or their so lazy and can't be trusted sort of stuff.

I was talking to a Chinese friend about their wedding to a Vietnamese,and they told me they couldn't serve Hennessy cognac (yeah bummer missed out on that one) because if they did their wedding would almost be gate crashed. In fact they had to change the times on half the vietnamese hanger oners guest so they wouldn't hit the piss too early. I was a bit worried about this sort of statement from my mate and questioned when she got such bigotry from. She laughed and said that was what the father in-law had imposed on wedding....go figure.

its the race on racism that's the worse eh

Who the fuck gets upset with a French woman singing?? The ironic thing is they were probably getting off the bus to go have a menage trios.

I hope they put the kids to bed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.