• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australia Kratom law, heavy handed dawn raid over "illegal mitrogyna speciosa" import!

Ive read this post over and over.....my conclusion is it dosent seem to fit right.Your sitting at home waiting for you little parcel of Kratom .Customs, Federal Police and state police turn up .Kids ushered out by welfare🤔how the hell would they even know kids were there.
Doubt if customs would turn up at all ...they would pass the information over the Federal and state police at best.
Old men teaching young recruits how to find stash spots....more i think about it more i feel its far fetched....this has the makings of a 'big sting' type of scenario ...for just over 3oz of kratom ...even if it was heroin customs probably wouldnt be there Feds maybe ...state police for sure.

**Op** again I am not saying what you have said Is untrue but I would like to see the redacted search warrant. With all due respect I have a very strong knowledge of law enforcement procedures when it comes to things like this. These are the first things that came to my mind:

1. Customs and border security personnel with the job of detection of illicit contraband never leave the airport. Depending on what/amount ect it will either be seized and a love letter sent or will be passed on too the AFP unit located at all major airports.
The only customs employees that ever physically head out on operations with the AFP are IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS as they determine the legal status of the person.

2. SOG/TAG are used only in high priority search warrants where the detectives have shown a magistrate the persons inside the premises have access to firearms and likely will have them in the house.

3. No Inspector (or higher) would sign off on such a insignificant operation with so many resources AND duel agencies. A raid as you suggested would cost roughly $30,000-$50,000 dollers. (Staff wages,search time, replacement customs staff, court costs getting the warrants, staff pre-briefing (2+ hours), debrief, **Paper work**

4. With your amount a simple controlled delivery is the procedure (if they dont give you a warning) which will be 8 or so AFP officers in two unmarked vehicles (one often with a dog) THEY WILL NOT RAID UNTILL THE ITEM IS PHYSICALLY INSIDE YOUR HOUSE.

Typically a surveillance team will be watching the mailbox or the van/postman and once you have taken possession and closed the door the "go go go" is given to all personnel to approach (some jump the fence) and they will knock and yell 3 times "Police Search Warrant" then bang.

Without seeing that Warrant dude it just doesn't happen like that anywhere here in Australia and never has..

100%correct andyturbo...maybe customs might turn up for a warehouse full of tobacco or fake items clothing shoes etc etc maybe ...but usually they just stay put....

100%correct andyturbo...maybe customs might turn up for a warehouse full of tobacco or fake items clothing shoes etc etc maybe ...but usually they just stay put....
Good point I forgot about taxable goods also. 👍🙂

Thanks for the reality check/querying on this story, I have been wondering what the likely response would be for a case where a modest amount of kratom was detected via post. I had presumed it would likely just be binned by customs with maybe a warning letter and database entry made; with a controlled delivery + arrest being an unlikely worst case.

Thanks for the reality check/querying on this story, I have been wondering what the likely response would be for a case where a modest amount of kratom was detected via post. I had presumed it would likely just be binned by customs with maybe a warning letter and database entry made; with a controlled delivery + arrest being an unlikely worst case.
It all depends. From what I've read people get raided over small amounts of things like a few tabs or pills while others get off on multiple grams of scheduled 9 rc chems. I guess it depends on the officer inspecting and the mood they're in :D

**Op** again I am not saying what you have said Is untrue but I would like to see the redacted search warrant. With all due respect I have a very strong knowledge of law enforcement procedures when it comes to things like this. These are the first things that came to my mind:

1. Customs and border security personnel with the job of detection of illicit contraband never leave the airport. Depending on what/amount ect it will either be seized and a love letter sent or will be passed on too the AFP unit located at all major airports.
The only customs employees that ever physically head out on operations with the AFP are IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS as they determine the legal status of the person.

2. SOG/TAG are used only in high priority search warrants where the detectives have shown a magistrate the persons inside the premises have access to firearms and likely will have them in the house.

3. No Inspector (or higher) would sign off on such a insignificant operation with so many resources AND duel agencies. A raid as you suggested would cost roughly $30,000-$50,000 dollers. (Staff wages,search time, replacement customs staff, court costs getting the warrants, staff pre-briefing (2+ hours), debrief, **Paper work**

4. With your amount a simple controlled delivery is the procedure (if they dont give you a warning) which will be 8 or so AFP officers in two unmarked vehicles (one often with a dog) THEY WILL NOT RAID UNTILL THE ITEM IS PHYSICALLY INSIDE YOUR HOUSE.

Typically a surveillance team will be watching the mailbox or the van/postman and once you have taken possession and closed the door the "go go go" is given to all personnel to approach (some jump the fence) and they will knock and yell 3 times "Police Search Warrant" then bang.

Without seeing that Warrant dude it just doesn't happen like that anywhere here in Australia and never has..
You're either a cop or a lawyer :cautious: :ROFLMAO: