Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus Social's periods of crapness

Status
Not open for further replies.
nezo said:
fuck that. I wanna be spoon fed good threads. It's all the mods fault.

moe - I don't agree - watch haste ass rape me now..and we're pretty old skool...or was that just 'old?'

But haste is right, if you think a thread is shit, don't post in it. Otherwise you're just promoting weak threads back into the consciousness of brain dead blers (refer to word assocaition / what are you xxxx type threads).

Actually, now that I think about it, killing_time is guilty for one of the crappest threads EVER on Aus social. "Thread of Random Statements". WTF is that?

:D

I alsways manage to find one or two good threads, I think the problem may be the time that I'm on Bl, see in the afternoon, there are plenty of people about and it runs more like a chat room in some threads, however when on late I can wait hours for a reply...

Ah, the lament of the jaded.
It's just a forum. It's not like the UN or anything. Sure it's got its ups and downs and all arounds, but it's all a bit of a lark. Pick the shit out it though then it's bound to disappoint. But hang around long enough and you'll finely hone your bullshit and detachment skills, so much so that if the forums getting you down then you need do one of two things....find something else in your life or create your own thread.
This post makes little sense in itself. Hence the honed bullshit. I used to bullshit for Victoria.
Enough from me.....please...

i personally wish that bluelight aus social was more in depth.... like went really deep into people's thoughts and aspirations and stuff.....

not meaning to be a dick but i just feel like it's pretty "on the surface" generally, tends to concern more superficial notions than deep spiritual and emotional stuff
anyay, nothing much that can be done :)

-ben

^ I think that's what Thoughts and Awareness is for. :)

I do agree that Aus Social goes through periods of crap... but I also find that other forums often interest me at that time. Just look further afield if you're bored in here. Maybe read a book or something. *gasp* ;)

Isn't part of the problem that whenever anything is posted people will say 'This has been done before - use the search function'??. :)

*yes i know - this post has been done before!

^^ are you saying people are discouraged because their thread will be closed? Sorry I don't get how it has any bearing on quality of threads?

Not all threads get closed - there is also the option of merging - just PM a mod if you feel this is the action that should have been taken. We are here to help.

I agree with ozbreaker. A lot of posts that get the "this has been dicussed before" treatment deserve it, but a lot are asked again, because people dont want to bump topics from over 2 years ago which may not be as relavent anymore.

Though, I think the merge feature should be used more then close. Brings more topics to the surface with new and old crap.

the only good social threads were created pre - 2002 and all reside in the archive anyway. there are no good threads here. "Move along, nothing to see here" should be the new name for Aus Social.

he's old, just ignore him.... I've been trying to get him banned for years.

Well I like the forum.

I like it a whole lot better than when I first joined actually - I could find nothing in there whatsoever that related to me amongst all the highbrow, social-conciousness tirades that it seemed seeped in at the time.

While I don't contribute to the mindless one-answer threads I do like the fun, pointless ones (yes there is a difference!) and I contribute the odd thread from time to time too.

When I find myself getting bored with social I'll think: what can I add? Usually I come up with zilch but that's my first thought rather than "geez what a boring place". I blame myself as part of the problem if there's nothing for me there.

I think a lot of people have a "Here We are Now, Entertain Us" (thanks Kurt ;) ) outlook on the internet, whereas Bluelight is most definitely meant to be an interactive experience.

Killing_time said:
.. during this time I have seen periods of what I like refer to as 'crapness' whereby there is a decline in new threads within Aus Social (and Bluelight in general?).

I usually find that it co-incides with the strength of drugs around at the time. ;)

Seriously, i can always find something to read on Bluelight. If i think i have read everything in Aus social and Aus DD, i just look in the archive's.

haste said:
There are alot of good threads that have had alot of thought and energy put into them to encourage intelligent discussion. They are there, you just need to support them.

Also complaining about..

and then support such threads by posting in them (ie. Word Assoc) doesn't really leave much strength in one's point - you kinda answered your own question ;)
B]

I'm sorry, I failed to introduce my friend sarcasm before posting.
=D
The post was intended to inspire people to come up with some good thread, it was not simply a random rant (well.. not really :)) as it may have appeared.
My apologies to all for making wasting their lives.
PEACE

Edit: And on another note, WHY JESUS HAVE ALL MY FAVOURITE THREADS BEEN CLOSED!
I know they're all those associated with more 'lounge-like' activities (aka post-whoring =D) but I feel I may have to go hang myself now.
JK :)
I blame not Haste or Raz for this but Anna!
She is always responsible for closing threads... even if she isn't, SHE IS
DAMN YOU ANNA!
Next thing you know the 'what was the last thing you ate?' thread will be closed.
=D

Last edited:
i shall go check out thought and awareness then!

i have never actually been in there i dont think

(but i do like the idea of a place where us aussies can speak coz other people from other countries are different and smell and talk funny like especially poland)

and USA fucken hell, i don't think i could post in any forums where dpuerto is

anna! said:
[BMost folks wait until they've at least posted a constructive thread before they think they're worthy to critique this forum. [/B]

I resent that.
:(

okay i checked thought and awareness and it seems like just a bunch of hippies talking about their relationship with various gods
not saying hippies suck ass or anything, i mean heck i am one myself
but like yeh not for me
i guess i'll stick to aus social :)

ideas for a new forum anyone?

cool shit in Aus i.e a thread that isnt meant to promote discussion but full of ideas n shit, idunno. hmm thatd be just like a journal!!!

big fuck theyre all just forums; sometimes good, sometimes bad.

either way its not life, its just bluelight.

as said above, if you're bored promote some cool discussion with creative topics or quit bitchin.

Bluelight is bluelight its what it is, if its not living up to your expectations its not bluelights fault.

if you understood that you did well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.