• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Attention Bluelighters!

^^ At the time the original post was written, email addresses were visible in profiles. This has since changed, and only mods and admins can access the actual email address.

Fuck, when I saw this thread I thought "god, not again"... then I saw my reply was second and checked the dates...

Good reminded though - keep shit vague, don't mention that you are currently in possession of drugs, and even better, don't even store drugs at your house (in a perfect world)!

I am just wondering...

a. Can we have a clear answer from someone who knows for SURE, eg. BigTrancer who is a Supermod now, if the IPs of users are stored with every post and are *accessable to mods* via this skin/shell?

b. IPs are definitelly accessable if one has access to the actual server where BL site is hosted. Where IS this server? I hope to GOD not within australia and somewhere on a bulletproof server in vietnam or something where AU authorities have no chance in heaven getting even a polite answer from the admins.

c. WHO has acess to the actual server. ie. Shell access etc. and who maintains the site, because in case mods can't see IPs through this skin, the person with access to the actual server would be who the police have to contact.

d. Whoever has access to all above mentioned things: Can bluelighters trust you that in case there is ANY kind of police interest, you will notify us ASAP EVEN if that means breaching whatever police made you sign?

I am asking these questions not because if the police have a genuine interest in someone on this board, it reasonable to assume the following sequence of events:

* Police notice an interesting post
* Police approach the server or sites admin with a warrant
* The admin provides the Police with the IP of the user. This is made easy since as someone mentioned IPs are stored with posts in the database
* The Police make the above person sign a non-disclosure papers which prevents this person from ever talking about what happened
* The Police approach the ISP and get the account details
* The Police knock on your door with a warrant.

I am absolutelly positive that the above is more than likelly to happen providing that the server where BL is hosted is within AU.

The server is located in Netherlands.:
26 fe-0-0-1.core-1.telecity2.amsterdam.nl.ipsilan.net (213.248.72.86) 343.954 ms 213.248.72.18 (213.248.72.18) 330.768 ms 330.523 ms
27 * fe-0-0-1.core-1.telecity2.amsterdam.nl.ipsilan.net (213.248.72.86) 371.833 ms angel.bluelight.ru (80.69.64.38) 356.655 ms

For everything else, I'm sure we are all ok with trusting the people who maintain the site. Also you are stupid if you talk about possessing (a large amount anyway) drugs and any future drug use on public web sites.

Unless it's changed in the last 2 months, this info should be correct.

IP's are stored for a day and then purged - this is to help track abuse to the system. They used to be stored permanantly, but this changed with the upgrade to vBuliten. The server is located in Amsterdam, and any attempts by outside parties to access them would have to go through Dutch courts. The only people that have access to the server in terms of ability to get IP addresses are the admins and the engineers (and maybe the super mods, I'm not sure). I know that regular mods can't get them. And lastly, I doubt that you could gaurantee that an admin would tell you that cops are after you, but at the same time, I also doubt that cops would bother to go through the courts of a forign country. If you're big time enough for them to bother then they'll probably be able to gather information locally from other sources, and if you're only small time then the cops are going to go for the easy targets (ie: the people that leave their full name in their profile).

Any corrections to the above would be apreciated by those that know, but I think it's pretty close to acurate. :)

If you use your real name or you ISP email addy to this site you are asking to get caught IMO. I've been/am a member/Moderator of other "Underground" websites (yes bluelight is not). I have never had trouble with police, neither has anyone I know except for the owner of one of these sites, but nothing could be done because of the server being where it was.

Posting intent to do something is not a good idea, past experinces are ok. Because they may not have happened or you could be lying ;). It's just common sense there are rules on the site for a reason.

-FF

ok, how bout i pose the question of pillreports.com
that would be fairly risky for people to say things on that.

forgotten said:
^^ At the time the original post was written, email addresses were visible in profiles. This has since changed, and only mods and admins can access the actual email address.

if this is the case....then i would like to say this.

i was a major contributor to a thread in another australian forum, which was hotly debated.

as a consequence, i received the 'snow white and seven dwarfs' computer virus to my bluelight addy. this addy is unique to BL and NEVER receives any emails because it's redundant.

this also occurred AFTER the BL upgrade and well AFTER the above virus was widely circulated. someone here was trying to censure me.

so basically what i'm saying is .....'how can we trust the mods here? 'cos i've fucking learnt.

I like to think i can trust the mods, well all the Aus DD mods anyway. :).
Maybe the the virus sender just sent it to everyone's bluelight username and added @bluelight.ru on the end? You are bound to get into a few people's inbox that way.

Basically, if you have something to hide, DONT TRUST ANYONE. If you dont have anything to hide, like me, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Hate to state the obvious but if you don't say anything incriminating, then you won't have a problem. Pretty simple :)

It's my understanding that only Admins and Engineers have any kind of access to IP address details. Moderators and Supermoderators do not, to my knowledge, have ANY way of accessing this information. IP addresses used to be stored, but I have been informed by Jase and Skydancer that these details are no longer retained, because they "present far more security/privacy concerns than they are worth". The server, as Wazza posted, is in the Netherlands.

There is simply no need for IP addresses to be stored at BL. They used to be stored in order to watch out for trolls, alias accounts, people who intended to cause technical troubles with the software... things like that. However, with the change to far more up-to-date software this is no longer necessary. We have ample measures in place to deal with hiccups in the day-to-day running of the site, without any need to obtain personal details. This is a strength of The New Bluelight administration model, which has been evolving over time with Bluelight.

BigTrancer :)

Out of curiousity, why weren't ricksta's comments about intent to buy and an amount he stored at home edited by a moderator? Not to take away from the good job you're all doing :) I'm just wondering.

Please mods, do continue to edit and remove careless comments that sometimes slip out from unsuspecting posters. Its very easy to misunderstand that what you're saying could get you into a lot of trouble!

I think those comments were made before any of this shit really hit the fan, and so it wasn't the first thing mods were looking for.

Another thing, is that when I was a mod my usual policy was to protect people from other people's comments (ie: editing out references to other bluelighters and venues), but not to protect people from themselves. I'd always suggest to someone that they should edit their post, but I found that more often than not an attempt to help someone by editing something blatent usually resulted in an angry email and crys of censorship. So in the end I figured that if the person making the stupid comment was the only one that could be affected, then I'd give my 2c, but whether they did anything about it was up to them...

Search Warrant or not i believe they needed a probable cause to search your room........if their evidence was from the posts you have made in blulight, they might have the rights.

I'm not sure about this though so if som1 can clear me out........