• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Attention all opiate addicts. Freedom lies within. A detox recipe that works. Really.

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Preferably as many people as possible will read this. I spent a lot of time working on this topic because I firmly believe it will save lives - literally and metaphorically. As a 5+ year IV addict, I swear by this method and it took me many months to fine tune. I had tried everything. Cold turkey, methadone, prescription pills, tapering. WHY is the relapse rate for us opiate users always so high? I will tell you exactly why.

First of all, MODS - I'm aware that many elements of what I'm about to post can be found in other topics around the boards. However this is extremely specific, rigorously tested by myself and others whom I have shared it with, and I personally found it necessary to follow all these steps to the letter to truly be able to get clean with minimal discomfort and relapse potential. Please let me share it with everyone and don't delete this simply because it is superficially similar to some other detox methods. I promise this is different. I strongly welcome comments and questions from all and will gladly share my experiences in more detail with you if you PM me.

Ok here we go. Follow this, and even the most extreme opiate habit can be beaten without feeling any sickness for even a day. I really hope I can help as many people as possible become and stay clean and get their lives back. I've found you MUST FOLLOW THIS METHOD EXACTLY FOR MAXIMUM EFFICACY. It's based on three main principles. One, you should not have to suffer serious withdrawal to get clean, as this merely enhances likelihood of relapse. Two, it's one hundred percent legal and easy to access. The last thing you want to do while detoxing is having to worry about breaking the law. And finally, experiencing the opiate rush, like it or not, is what every user ultimately looks for, and I believe it is MUCH harder to detox at all, let alone stay clean, without retaining it in some milder and safer form. So without further ado:

Bomb319 Opiate Detox Recipe:

First of all, I personally find poppy SEED (not pod) tea to be an absolute miracle drug if you can find the right quality seeds and the right dosage. What else has the power to take away all withdrawal (dose dependent) and even leave you with a fairly strong opiate buzz, albeit less so than H and others, allowing you to taper off without being sick by allowing some morphine in your system for a longer time - all completely legally at your local grocery store? Even with IV tolerance, for me, $10 worth of bulk seeds (about 1 kg) will save me and leave me feeling good for 12 hours, and not sick for 24. My best advice: find the right seeds, the cheaper the better. Sorry I'm not able to source this I don't think, even for legal seeds. But you WILL find them. Firstly, find the right dose for you - preferably taking away ALL withdrawal but still providing some minimal euphoria so as not to feel your loss so early. It may take a few days to find the right balance based on your personal tolerance, but this is the most important step and well worth it. Mix a whole bunch of tea in advance if possible and keep it refrigerated as you would methadone. It's basically cheaper legal methadone without the hassle of appointments and carries. Take it in the morning if you can and go about your regular routine. Try your best not to dwell on scoring illegal drugs at this point. Remind yourself that at least your withdrawal will be taken care of and you will be able to function more or less normally. Every three days or so, lower your dose by about 150 grams of seeds. I find this to be the best method of tapering as it's slow and less noticeable as you decrease dosage than methadone. Always keep in mind that you ARE CONSUMING MORPHINE AND CODEINE AT THIS POINT. It is not a drug to play around with. Do NOT take massive doses thinking you can get as high as with H. You will not, and you may feel sick at best, and die at worst. Always follow the golden rule and start with the smallest possible amount and drink more if need be. You will always be able to drink more and halt withdrawal. You will not be able to come out of severe respiratory depression. The risk of overdose on seed tea however is exceptionally small, especially considering you will be opiate tolerant at this point anyway.

Now here comes the critical part which enabled me to become entirely clean. Once you are down to about 200g of seeds, do NOT take the tea the following day. Wait for any signs of withdrawal before doing anything else. Judge how uncomfortable you feel at this point. If capable of riding out the rest of mild tea withdrawals (MUCH MUCH easier than H or other potent IV opiates) by all means do it. Otherwise, go to costco or wal mart and get an 84 count of 2 mg generic Imodium (Loperamide). Costco has it for $9.99. Take about 20-30 pills (as LONG AS LOPERAMIDE IS THE ONLY ACTIVE INGREDIENT) for 40-60 mg. Do this again every morning, every 24 hours. This should be safe. Yes, I know it is much higher than the recommended dose, but you have to do this to allow enough of the drug to cross into the brain. Loperamide is a synthetic opioid similar to Fentanyl, but barely crosses the blood-brain barrier. I've never had a problem even with constipation at doses triple this. It should be about the right level to hold your withdrawal symptoms that remain at bay for about 24 hours if you have followed the above tea taper. Yes, it really does work. No, you don't need to turn your body into a chemistry lab by taking potentiators and/or PGP inhibitors. Enough drug at that dose should cross the blood-brain barrier to ease all withdrawal symtoms once again, only now you are off ALL real opiates (morphine) without becoming sick. If you need slightly more, do it but do not go over 80 mg per day. Once again, you will quickly find the right amount that will keep you healthy. Not get you high at all, but take away cravings as well as withdrawal. By now, you should have conditioned your body to function better without being used to the accompanying euphoria. If you don't feel ready, continue the tea until you do.

At this point, lower your dose by 10 mg (5 pills) every 24 hours. Do not double dose daily. Eventually, you'll feel more or less completely normal with ten pills or less. Congratulations - you've more than likely managed to come off a severe addiction without doctor intervention or paying exhorbitant witnessing fees. Once you feel normal with just a few pills per day, continue this as long as you feel it to be psychologically necessary. If you quit entirely at this point, there are nowhere near enough opiates in your body to make you feel any more than the slightest mildest twinge of withdrawal, if that, especially if you do your best not to focus on it. Now you can stop the pills entirely and your body will be clean from opiates. At this point, if you feel the desire to start using ANYTHING again, even seed tea, try going to counselling or even calling Narcotics Anonymous. At the very least, you will have the freedom of no longer needing to go out and score to avoid sickness, and that terrible obsession fades away. Constantly remind yourself how proud you should feel for managing this, especially on your own and constantly think of all the money you're saving and how you can begin to live a normal life again. With any luck, you will be able to stay off opiates long term with minimal risk of relapsing. You may be able to substitute kratom in varying potencies and dosages if you can't or don't want to use the tea, but it's fairly strong and harder to obtain than seeds - not to mention much more expensive.

It took me YEARS to fully discover and perfect this exact method, and keep in mind I used exactly this to come off a 1-2 gram per day heroin habit. I used to be so violently sick upon cold turkey that I'd need to pull over in my car and puke. I was addicted for five years. If i can do it, you certainly can. Always remember that you DO have the power to break this burden, and how happy you used to be simply doing things you enjoy without needing drugs. Your scars will fade, both physical and emotional, and you'll be so much happier.

I KNOW elements of this plan are posted all around the boards, and that many of you will have tried something similar. However just like cooking a recipe, I find this method tweaked, exact, accurate and extremely effective not to mention useful and cheap. I want to share it with as many people as possible. I truly think the key to success here is actually mostly due to weaning yourself onto a drug that still gives you some euphoria. I know many people say it's best to block withdrawal and that's that, but realistically you are going to miss that opiate feeling, and this way provides you with that feeling you would eventually crave detoxing on other methods and more than likely end up relapsing. It's very gradual and extremely effective. It is more realistic. You will still get comfort from the tea, more so than methadone or bupe. Another huge advantage is again how cheap it is to fully and hopefully completely detox from this, using nothing but items at your local grocery store.

Best of luck, and above all, have faith in yourself. PM me if you have any questions or just need support or want to share your stories. If there's anything at all I can do to help, I'd be happy to. If you've been attempting to quit but simply find it too difficult either physically or psychologically, I urge you to try this in the strongest possible terms. Of course, along the way make sure to delete all dealer contacts from your phone, and stop hanging around with people who use or situations which tempt you to use - standard procedure. More than anything else, no matter what point you are at in your personal detox, always know that it WILL get better, and there WILL come a time where you can live your life happily and opiate free without cravings. It may not feel like it, but trust me, it happens. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, You have the inner strength to do this. Let's ALL let our terrible experiences with this garbage become nothing more than a distant memory which ultimately makes us stronger.

Last edited:
I never tried the poppy seed tea before, but the Imodium definitely helped me a ton. I'm 4 months clean from Suboxone (6mg cold turkey) so in addition to all of the physical w/ds I have to deal with PAWS symptoms, which I made my own "recipe" to combat.

My opinion is there are a lot of other things that could help if you really want a healthy and smooth detox. Like Vitamin B Complex for energy, Fish oil for depression and muscle function, a multi-vitamin for compensation of poor appetite, some sort of sleep aid like Benadryl or Melatonin or even trazodone/seroquel, weed for anxiety and appetite, EXERCISE, etc.

Remember that everyone is different in terms of recovery, it's great this simple method worked for you though! Hopefully someone else can weigh in on the poppy seed tea (makes sense that it would help though).

Probably would have got a better reception in TDS or one of the recovery forums but this sounds like a solid detox method to me provided one truly is ready to quit. Good look sharing this & congrats on getting clean.

i think the best remedy for arresting opiate addiction is the 12 steps of NA, and a higher power and spirituality in your life. Also in the beginning the aide of medications, such as suboxone or methadone for opiate dependency, and perhaps once you get more clean time some real existing mental health problems may arise, and you can get help with that.

i think the best remedy for arresting opiate addiction is the 12 steps of NA, and a higher power and spirituality in your life. Also in the beginning the aide of medications, such as suboxone or methadone for opiate dependency, and perhaps once you get more clean time some real existing mental health problems may arise, and you can get help with that.

The problem with that is that they are strong narcotics which simply transfer your addiction over and are much much worse to eventually come off of. I suppose they're good in a real rock-bottom nothing to lose situation, but the appeal of being able to kick with minimal to no withdrawal just by going to the damn GROCERY store, and not dealing with judgmental doctors, is just priceless.

Good post but I'd be vary wary of suggesting PST - I've been hitting the shit pretty hard for a while and it is awful. Plus the WD from short acting codeine, longer acting morphine and 17 other slow release alkaloids makes for a hell of long, chronically painful WD.

Absolutely. That is why you need to use it only to immediately taper and quickly withdraw, not abuse. Unfortunately, I've found again and again in this business that there's no free lunch. For myself at least, I can either substitute a less dangerous and addictive drug to come clean on while maintaining a high, or else lose the high right away and eventually want it again badly enough to cause relapse.

246 views and 0 replies?

While it's a nice write up and all, there are a lot of threads about loperamide for withdrawal. It's kinda old news, not much to say.

<<i think the best remedy for arresting opiate addiction is the 12 steps of NA, and a higher power and spirituality in your life>>

For you maybe. Any 'doctor' who prescribes god for a medical problem deserves to be reprimanded- they're no different from self righteous catholic pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for birth control/morning after pills for young, unmarried women. But that's just my opinion.

I think that teaching drug addicts that they have some sort of magical diminished responsibility because they're addicts is dangerous and a form of slave morality (in a Nietzschean sense). NA/AA teaches you to 'be' guilty (profess/accept your guilt on an intellectual level) while giving you permission to not 'feel' guilty (actually accept, experience and transcend your guilt on an emotional level)...the NA model (based on Christian doctrine) preaches a psychological model that equates addiction with Christian concepts of 'original sin'- humans do not commit sins, they're sinners. This is fundamentally life-denying and encourages the worst sort of fatalistic thinking- particularly during relapses.

In my decades of observation the NA/AA route can help people get clean initially as it is very structured and addicts are often respond well to structure (we've been structuring out lives around drugs for example)- however many of its messages are very destructive- when they do relapse (and what, 90% of people have at least one relapse) they tend to go far more off the deep end than addicts who are treated via a social worker/psychology-based programme. Mainly because the 'community alcohol and drug services' (as they're called here) don't make a big deal out of relapsing, it's almost a rite of passage and just something to be worked through. The NA/AA meetings, with their mixture of 'I've spilt more than you've drunk' chronic relapsers, 'I've been sober longer than I was an addict' lifers and the various younger faces who are either experiencing their first instances of addiction or are there for court-related reasons, tend to be dominated by a small cadre of members and are often strangely judgemental due to the existence of very cut and dry 'rules'. Just the % of people happily in NA/AA who keep secrets (alcoholic occasionally smoke pot, drug addict has the odd beer, they have a prescription for sleeping pills etc etc). If you get a good social worker/psychologist team you're gonna have a much stronger support network immediately than NA/AA may ever provide you, even after years of attendance.

While it's a nice write up and all, there are a lot of threads about loperamide for withdrawal. It's kinda old news, not much to say.

<<i think the best remedy for arresting opiate addiction is the 12 steps of NA, and a higher power and spirituality in your life>>

For you maybe. Any 'doctor' who prescribes god for a medical problem deserves to be reprimanded- they're no different from self righteous catholic pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for birth control/morning after pills for young, unmarried women. But that's just my opinion.

I think that teaching drug addicts that they have some sort of magical diminished responsibility because they're addicts is dangerous and a form of slave morality (in a Nietzschean sense). NA/AA teaches you to 'be' guilty (profess/accept your guilt on an intellectual level) while giving you permission to not 'feel' guilty (actually accept, experience and transcend your guilt on an emotional level)...the NA model (based on Christian doctrine) preaches a psychological model that equates addiction with Christian concepts of 'original sin'- humans do not commit sins, they're sinners. This is fundamentally life-denying and encourages the worst sort of fatalistic thinking- particularly during relapses.

In my decades of observation the NA/AA route can help people get clean initially as it is very structured and addicts are often respond well to structure (we've been structuring out lives around drugs for example)- however many of its messages are very destructive- when they do relapse (and what, 90% of people have at least one relapse) they tend to go far more off the deep end than addicts who are treated via a social worker/psychology-based programme. Mainly because the 'community alcohol and drug services' (as they're called here) don't make a big deal out of relapsing, it's almost a rite of passage and just something to be worked through. The NA/AA meetings, with their mixture of 'I've spilt more than you've drunk' chronic relapsers, 'I've been sober longer than I was an addict' lifers and the various younger faces who are either experiencing their first instances of addiction or are there for court-related reasons, tend to be dominated by a small cadre of members and are often strangely judgemental due to the existence of very cut and dry 'rules'. Just the % of people happily in NA/AA who keep secrets (alcoholic occasionally smoke pot, drug addict has the odd beer, they have a prescription for sleeping pills etc etc). If you get a good social worker/psychologist team you're gonna have a much stronger support network immediately than NA/AA may ever provide you, even after years of attendance.

Well i find it very interesting that NA and the 12 step program are keeping millions of people all over the world sober to this day, it's more complex than just having a higher power, its about having someone who has been down the path you are on and you can call them at anytime to talk about whats bothering you (as we all know talking and not isolating can make a huge difference) NA is not a cult, its a program, just like clinical programs at rehab, the clinical success rate is awfully low compared to the success rate of the 12 steps. I think you should go to Akron Ohio on Founders Day, they're are 10,000 people from ALL WALKS OF LIFE that show up to this event, which proves this disease if addiction does not discriminate against any race or lifestyle. Im just amazed that this program has and still is saving millions of lives, compare that to a better program? i think not...as far as destructive messages in the meetings leading people to relapse, well in my opinion those destructive messages are exactly what an addict needs to hear because they know it applies to themselves, its there own damn fault if they walk out and get high, they can always talk to there sponser or another recovering addict about being "yelled at" king baby syndrome. this program does not promote religion AT ALL, alot of nieve people confuse sprituality with relgion, sure AA was originally based on religion as a huge aspect, but that was like 80 yrs ago, and NA is a whole different program with different approaches than AA, the steps are similiar but not the book work, its like a bible, the NA book, just like regular normal people read bibles to better there lives , these addicts have there own bible to better there lives, because its so spirutally reaching, i may not be the smartest fish in the sea at explaining this like you professor, but i know NA/AA has a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher success rate than clinical rehabs/treatment and counseling put together. as far as having a "social worker and psychologist team giving u a stronger support network then NA may ever provide, is a crock of shit. Many people who attend NA/AA also see a psychologist and social worker on top of it, which proves way better chances of sobriety. its not even about "staying clean" its about changing all your faulty behaviors, morals, and impulses, the drug is just a symptom of this whole addiction, the main problem lies with our shortcomings. whatever im tired as hell and i cant even make sense to myself intelluctually to even explain it as i need sleep. but i appreciate your opinion^ and the word GOD shouldnt be thrown around so loosely as you just did with the remark of a doctor prescribing it, GOD can be anything, actually GOD is a slang term for higher power nowadays, not the christian based god and catholic church based god. and as far as the fucked up things that go on in NA and AA meetings, and the hypocrisy, you cant speak for everyone, that is just certain groups, and certain individuals having the odd beer as an addict, or a joint as a drunk...some meetings have people like that, and MANY meetings DO NOT have that type of bullshit going around. all i know is NA is saving millions of lives, verse clinical therapy's low success rate. doesnt it strike you odd that this is the only program proven to keep people all over the world sober? Coincidence? I think not. I totally agree NA/AA is DEF NOT FOR EVERYONE, but for those it is, it is merely a blessing.

Meh, I would just skip right to the loperamide since the doses you recommended are pretty high. I usually just go cold turkey with the help of clonidine and that works for me. If I really need to take something else then I will take 16mg of loperamide max, and nighttime cough medicine with DXM and diphenhydramine.

But going by your method, I would just taper down you DOC and then switch right to the loperamide instead of messing with the poppy seeds. The varying potency makes it too unpredictable so each taper would be different unless everybody got the same exact seeds, which is not going to happen.

Well i find it very interesting that NA and the 12 step program are keeping millions of people all over the world sober to this day, it's more complex than just having a higher power, its about having someone who has been down the path you are on and you can call them at anytime to talk about whats bothering you (as we all know talking and not isolating can make a huge difference) NA is not a cult, its a program, just like clinical programs at rehab, the clinical success rate is awfully low compared to the success rate of the 12 steps. I think you should go to Akron Ohio on Founders Day, they're are 10,000 people from ALL WALKS OF LIFE that show up to this event, which proves this disease if addiction does not discriminate against any race or lifestyle. Im just amazed that this program has and still is saving millions of lives, compare that to a better program? i think not...as far as destructive messages in the meetings leading people to relapse, well in my opinion those destructive messages are exactly what an addict needs to hear because they know it applies to themselves, its there own damn fault if they walk out and get high, they can always talk to there sponser or another recovering addict about being "yelled at" king baby syndrome. this program does not promote religion AT ALL, alot of nieve people confuse sprituality with relgion, sure AA was originally based on religion as a huge aspect, but that was like 80 yrs ago, and NA is a whole different program with different approaches than AA, the steps are similiar but not the book work, its like a bible, the NA book, just like regular normal people read bibles to better there lives , these addicts have there own bible to better there lives, because its so spirutally reaching, i may not be the smartest fish in the sea at explaining this like you professor, but i know NA/AA has a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher success rate than clinical rehabs/treatment and counseling put together. as far as having a "social worker and psychologist team giving u a stronger support network then NA may ever provide, is a crock of shit. Many people who attend NA/AA also see a psychologist and social worker on top of it, which proves way better chances of sobriety. its not even about "staying clean" its about changing all your faulty behaviors, morals, and impulses, the drug is just a symptom of this whole addiction, the main problem lies with our shortcomings. whatever im tired as hell and i cant even make sense to myself intelluctually to even explain it as i need sleep. but i appreciate your opinion^ and the word GOD shouldnt be thrown around so loosely as you just did with the remark of a doctor prescribing it, GOD can be anything, actually GOD is a slang term for higher power nowadays, not the christian based god and catholic church based god. and as far as the fucked up things that go on in NA and AA meetings, and the hypocrisy, you cant speak for everyone, that is just certain groups, and certain individuals having the odd beer as an addict, or a joint as a drunk...some meetings have people like that, and MANY meetings DO NOT have that type of bullshit going around. all i know is NA is saving millions of lives, verse clinical therapy's low success rate. doesnt it strike you odd that this is the only program proven to keep people all over the world sober? Coincidence? I think not. I totally agree NA/AA is DEF NOT FOR EVERYONE, but for those it is, it is merely a blessing.

You state "you know" that they have a higher success rate. Please post something to back that statement up. ....where you found the numbers etc...to show not just based on your personal opinion.

it isnt based on my personal opinion at all, the staff at a residential rehab i was at had read an article stating that there is a very poor success rate when it comes to clinical treatment, ill be fucking glad to look it up or call my former counselor for the article. Try this: go into a long term rehab, and see how many people get kicked out, how many people relapse, or how many people are faking there asses off just to get out of clinical treatment. you will be shocked and probably saddened at how many people get unsuccessfully discharged from long term tretment. OR how about this, go to outpatient drug counseling, and see how many people are failing drug tests, skipping groups, rescheduling one on one appts to avoid a piss test, and see how many people just drop out of the program. clinical treatment has a huge problem: majority of the people in it clearly just dont want to fucking be clean, and its sad how unsucessful these programs are, i been thru it myself, and seen it myself, which obviously reports have been written and articles have been popping up. But when you go into an AA/NA meeting (which is completely voluntary) you will see such a beautiful vibe in the room, and all the positive energy. ill let you know straight up if this is my opinion, as in ALL MY OTHER THREADS IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED I ALWAYS STATE "IMO" IN MY OPINION, OR IME "IN MY EXPERIENCE" go ahead, i do it in many many threads, not this one however. i will find documentation stating clinical treatment has been at a huge decline in success rates. or how about this go look it up for yourself since your so positive about me being wrong. lets not ignore the issue clinical treatment has done a poor job in keeping people sober, sure it has kept many sober, but when you add up all the successfulls and unsuccessfuls, it tends to weigh down on unsucessful, and that is a FACT.

^ The problem is that you didn't say that in your previous post. You can't just go spewing out baseless claims in your posts. We have received a number of complaints about you doing this, and you have to consider that a lot of people are going to take your posts as fact given your join date and post count, so please keep this in mind in the future.

You can't assume that people will know that you mean that it's your opinion if you don't say it, and if it's factual then you should provide a source. Peoples lives depend on some of this information so it's important that it's not based off of something you think you remember, or something that you experienced. In certain threads that's fine, but in other threads it's not, so please get in the habit of differentiating between the two, and providing sources when necessary.

Whenever I went to an AA meeting they were always depressing. I never went to an NA meeting other than a few in rehab which doesn't really count. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Not a fan of the program myself. I kicked the habit on my own. Been 19 months clean from the needle. But I still smoke pot, drink kratom, and consume alcohol regularly. The people at AA\NA would still say I'm addict on the verge of relapse into even harder drugs.

The biggest problem these programs have is their definition of clean and the goal of 100 percent abstinence. This is a close-minded approach. Being 100 percent clean is not everyone's goal and they could use to be more accepting of that fact. I think there is more than one road to recovery.

I feel it important to note that even though loperamide crosses The BBB only slightly with Mr. Pgp pushing her out again modifying your inner chemistry to accommodate loperamide, at least until as original post states, one is ready, may be an alternate to the morphinan series compounds found in "seed tea". I agree completely with originating post, however have found many P glycoprotein inhibitors amongst them ketoconazole, 150-300 mg taken with loperamide 40 mg first dose , then repeat dosing that day with only loperamide 20-40 q8-12h prn. That first ketoconazole dose shall inhibit pgp just enough to allow loperamide to stay within the basal perimeter...one should also stay hydrated as well. This has worked for me.

^ The problem is that you didn't say that in your previous post. You can't just go spewing out baseless claims in your posts. We have received a number of complaints about you doing this, and you have to consider that a lot of people are going to take your posts as fact given your join date and post count, so please keep this in mind in the future.

You can't assume that people will know that you mean that it's your opinion if you don't say it, and if it's factual then you should provide a source. Peoples lives depend on some of this information so it's important that it's not based off of something you think you remember, or something that you experienced. In certain threads that's fine, but in other threads it's not, so please get in the habit of differentiating between the two, and providing sources when necessary.

/\ this....exactly what my point was...

Opiatekrzy...it was not my intention to make you start freaking out and getting all defensive. The rate of relapse is high for all programs...and that is a fact. Just because you are partial to one particular program because "it works" for you does not mean it is the best for all..

As far as experience goes, it seems we have read just as many negative personal experiences and responses to AA/NA as to anything else. Good on you for having a great experience with them. But your opinion does not make it fact. Again, not trying to get you all excite and jumping up and down...seriously.

I feel it important to note that even though loperamide crosses The BBB only slightly with Mr. Pgp pushing her out again modifying your inner chemistry to accommodate loperamide, at least until as original post states, one is ready, may be an alternate to the morphinan series compounds found in "seed tea". I agree completely with originating post, however have found many P glycoprotein inhibitors amongst them ketoconazole, 150-300 mg taken with loperamide 40 mg first dose , then repeat dosing that day with only loperamide 20-40 q8-12h prn. That first ketoconazole dose shall inhibit pgp just enough to allow loperamide to stay within the basal perimeter...one should also stay hydrated as well. This has worked for me.

Speaking of Pgp inhibitors, Quinidine is a well known inhibitor and its relative quinine, found in tonic water, also inhibits PgP to an extent. Look it up. Loperamide definitely helped me a couple of times but only in short duration as the intestinal cramps were hell for me.

PST might work for some that have access to large quantities of good seeds but it is messy, tastes foul, and does not work for people on high opioid doses. I drank so much damn water trying it with minimal results trying to come off of 80-100mg/day oxy for pain that I vowed never to try it again. It might work for some such as one member that swore by it like the OP but I find it is hit and miss while the loperamide definitely works best if an effective PgP inhibitor can be found and added to the mix.