• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Ativan to snort?

So being straight alp, its very easy to miscalculate the dose and take too much, which is undoubtedly what happened with my friend and I. I doubt it had a low bioavailability, but that seems to not matter so much when you are insufflating an extremely potent benzo like that, and not exactly being responsible about it.

I've been using xanax for a very long time, I know what the effects are like I would be very surprised if it wasn't alp and I didn't notice. The only other thing I would potentially humour it being is a different benzo, in which case... what does it matter? All benzos with a couple rare exceptions (like midazolam) are also not water soluble. So if they worked, I don't really get what point that proves.

I mean I can't imagine what other than a benzo, would give a benzo like affect that wouldn't be distinguishable to a long term user. I would have noticed ghb from the taste. If it was something like phenibut, it wouldn't have had the same blackout effect. If it was some kind of barbituate, I mean, those are pretty rare these days, and are ( if memory serves) also more expensive for that reason, also making it not make sense from a business perspective.
It could have easily been laced with a fentanyl analog or other unknown opiate adulterants.

Midazolam (versed) Is the only traditional benzodiazepine that forms water soluble salts. It should be noted that climazolam and loprazolam (both also imidazo based benzodiazepines) are water soluble.

Fosazepam, a derivative of diazepam, is water soluble.

Flurazepam is HIGHLY water soluble. If powder was snorted the dose could have easily caused sedation that lasted multiple days, because it has a half-life of between 47 and 100 hours.

Unlike Xanax, which has a half-life of 12 hours.

Now I could sit here and search through all of the new research, chemical benzodiazepines, and the new I think they're 1,5 benzodiazepines

Chemistry is chemistry, Xanax is not soluble in water. In fact, it's so poorly soluble, this is part of the Xanax monograph @fda.gov:

"Alprazolam is a white crystalline powder, which is soluble in methanol or ethanol but which has no appreciable solubility in water at physiological pH."

Which means if you snorted it up your nose, it will not dissolve, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WISH IT WOULD.

I can't tell you exactly what it was that your friend snorted. I can tell you what it wasn't. It wasn't Xanax. Or at least whatever caused him to be knocked out wasn't Xanax.

Any effect from Xanax that was in that powder that your friends snorted would have come from the Xanax dripping down his throat into his stomach.

At physiological pH (for our purposes that means between 5.5 and 8.5 which includes your blood which is somewhere around 7.4, saliva which is somewhere between 6.2 and 7.6, and snot which is normally between 5.5 and 6.5, but it can go all the way up to 8 when you have allergies. Obviously the stomach has a pH as low as one but we're not talking about eating Xanax) Xanax can literally not dissolve in water, that's why it's taken orally so that it goes into your stomach.

Just like boiling water will not seep into grits any faster from one kitchen to another, there is no way that Xanax is going to dissolve in your nasal passages and your sinuses and pass through your mucous membranes.

So being straight alp, its very easy to miscalculate the dose and take too much, which is undoubtedly what happened with my friend and I. I doubt it had a low bioavailability, but that seems to not matter so much when you are insufflating an extremely potent benzo like that, and not exactly being responsible about it.

I've been using xanax for a very long time, I know what the effects are like I would be very surprised if it wasn't alp and I didn't notice. The only other thing I would potentially humour it being is a different benzo, in which case... what does it matter? All benzos with a couple rare exceptions (like midazolam) are also not water soluble. So if they worked, I don't really get what point that proves.

I mean I can't imagine what other than a benzo, would give a benzo like affect that wouldn't be distinguishable to a long term user. I would have noticed ghb from the taste. If it was something like phenibut, it wouldn't have had the same blackout effect. If it was some kind of barbituate, I mean, those are pretty rare these days, and are ( if memory serves) also more expensive for that reason, also making it not make sense from a business perspective.
In my first reply to this post, I gave you a very detailed explanation of why you can't snort Xanax.

Because I really like figuring things out I spent. I don't know an hour and a half searching all over the web and I found:
Alprazolam-triazolobenzophenone derivative:

So apparently, UPJohn Pharma developed a water soluble pro drug of Xanax in the 1980s by jamming the triazolobenzophenone group onto alprazolam, which makes it convert to Xanax at a neutral pH, meaning it turns into Xanax once it gets into your blood.

It was never really marketed and now it is an unscheduled research chemical that has been seized since 2014.

It is Not Xanax and it is very dangerous to snort powder that is a water soluble pro drug of Xanax, considering the potency of Xanax. Obviously it is ill-advised because your friend passed out for however long. If the dose was a little larger it could have been fatal.

I feel very confident that is the compound that your friend snorted.

As they say, Play stupid games when stupid prizes, fuck around and find out.