• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Ativan, how much gets you high?

jaydenleeann

Greenlighter
So I'm just curious. Is getting high on ativan actually attainable? Honestly, I have never been able to get high off of it. Not that I've really tried that hard. But one time for a dental surgery I took about 3 mg and expected to feel high. I felt peaceful and relaxed but it wasn't anything to write home about. Anyways I know benzos are highly addictive for some ppl and are commonly abused. So. How much do you take to get high off it? Is it similar to opiate high? Because that's what I imagine it to be like. I should also mention that I'm a rapid metabolizer of substances so I often have to take a much higher dose than other people my size (5'6 and 130ish lbs)
Love to hear your thoughts and experiences 💗

Is it similar to opiate high?

No. The only similarity they share is that they are both sedating, and both relieve anxiety.

I felt peaceful and relaxed

That's what benzos do, and that's all they do. In higher doses than you took, add heavy sedation, somnolence, amnesia, muscle relaxation, etc...

There's really nothing more to it.

It does not provide a euphoric high like opioids.

The only people who consider it euphoric are people with major anxiety disorders, and the euphoria comes in the relief of anxiety, which feels amazing to those afflicted by it.

People who do not have anxiety can actually experience depression from benzos, not euphoria.

I could never get anything off ativan even when i had no benzo tolerance. One time when i was in severe opiate wd i took 20mg and felt nothing. In my opinion the only benzo with true euphoria is temazepam anyway

I could never get anything off ativan even when i had no benzo tolerance. One time when i was in severe opiate wd i took 20mg and felt nothing. In my opinion the only benzo with true euphoria is temazepam anyway
20mg of Ativan is an absolutely INSANE amount to take im surprised you’re still breathing haha

20mg of Ativan is an absolutely INSANE amount to take im surprised you’re still breathing haha

It's indeed a high dose but far from insane, in fact doses like that are prescribed by doctors. I myself, many years ago and under certain circunstances, was prescribed Idalprem brand 5mg lorazepam 3x day. I was not the only one

Honestly Ativan has never been a good choice to get high on. It is a good thing sometimes in combos to take the edge off or to increase sedation. It is an alright benzo for anxiety. Any high is just a forgetful... slur your words and anxiety free type of tired.

That being said.... start low. 1mg or so.... and go from there. You can always take more....never less. Benzos blackouts are not fun.

I actually found clonazepam to be one of the most recreational benzos when I used to take them, haven’t taken in years though

Benzos in general aren't good for getting high.
Ativan in particular is one of the worst. When I was taking it, I'd start slurring and stumbling before I even felt much of anything.

3mg is actually a relatively high dose, btw
FR, I was suffering from amphetamine psychosis from taking Adderall and vyvant as prescribed. Now the prescription was a combined 110 mg a day and it took a year for it to happen. But yeah I ended up having a psychotic break and a 4 or 6 mg intramuscular injection rendered me unconscious, I regain consciousness about 2 hours later and had no more agitation.

I'm not the person to ask about lorazepam getting you high because I've had multiple alcohol detox using benzodiazepines in the hospital and they almost always use lorazepam and if I'm having an extremely bad withdrawal I'll get three or four mg of Ativan every 4 to 6 hours.

All it does is keep me from shaking so bad. I can't eat my food going into a seizure, having a extremely high blood pressure and temperature and heart rate and generally prevents me from feeling like shit.

Thankfully I don't have to worry anymore cuz I quit drinking.

I don't get high at all, just less panicked.

Times I've taken rc benzos I blackout and sleep good.

No. The only similarity they share is that they are both sedating, and both relieve anxiety.

That's what benzos do, and that's all they do. In higher doses than you took, add heavy sedation, somnolence, amnesia, muscle relaxation, etc...

There's really nothing more to it.

It does not provide a euphoric high like opioids.

The only people who consider it euphoric are people with major anxiety disorders, and the euphoria comes in the relief of anxiety, which feels amazing to those afflicted by it.

People who do not have anxiety can actually experience depression from benzos, not euphoria.
I will add from me that when i really had bad period of my life and my anxiety was so huge that it was giving me a pain in groin that's how my body was reacting, pressure on chest was nothing, taking a 1mg alprazolam under tounge after a moment was giving me basically orgasm from relive, goosebumps, like really intense feeling. Now when i want to take from time to time just for fun it make's me more tired, ofc more relaxed but nothing close to i was feeling when i had problems. And i've tried higher doses, longer pauses and that amazing feeling was not my first time with many kinds of benzo so it was not the effect of "first time"

EDIT: only bromazepam can give me that good high

To clonazepam too sedating and turns me into a zombie can't actually appreciate anything.
Not when u have tolerance. It has helped me immensely, but as of now, I'm titrating my dose slowly

Well if you overdue it. But its famous for amnesia, black out's and falling a sleep.

When a dr. prescribed me double the dose I needed of Diazepam. 80 mg total that day. I got why so many like it its allround and warm/ cozy. The duration is a total set of for me, maybe that's the reason that one of Diazepam's metabolite's, the short working fast come up Temazepam.

But if you are having a seizure you will like Lorazepam to, more then you normally would.