• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aspergers Syndrome Treatment

There is a huge level of inertia associated with existing memes/ neural paths in people with ASD relative to the regular population.
and memories, of these am I cursed with, so many, and connections

not a robot, though

you turn off the robot to become a real boy

Animation Lying GIF

and memories, of these am I cursed with, so many, and connections

not a robot, though

you turn off the robot to become a real boy
I literally have telephone numbers in my head that go to girls I dated in middle school and they're never going to leave.

I don't know if I'll ever be a real boy.

I have done a lot of self introspection and I agree with my ex-wife that I don't empathize like normal human beings. Now that's not to say that I'm a narcissistic sociopath because I'm not.

It's just that I am unable to express empathy even though I may cognitively feel it.

When we were trying to fix the marriage, we went to a marriage counselor and that's when I was actually diagnosed with Asperger's and she explained that there is a disconnect between the cognitive processes and the emotional processes for people with Asperger's and autism.

And she explained to my ex-wife that no it wasn't on purpose that I ignored her social cues or continue to make comments or behaviors that she had told me before was embarrassing.

Or even today I have to consciously evaluate how I'm interacting with people because I will come off as a really rude abrasive asshole that doesn't care about anybody that he comes in contact with when pretty much the opposite is the truth.

To me going and figuring out how to help somebody solve their problem is one of the kindest nicest things you could do for a person. So that is my empathizing and emotional connection to a person. But it will be emotionless. It will be matter of fact it will be blah blah blah blah. This is how you do what you have to do to fix yourself.

Which in hindsight sometimes has been counterproductive but that's the way I am.

yeah, me too

you can express it it writing, though, yeah?
Sometimes it depends on the strength of the emotional connection that I have with someone.

The more connected I am with someone, the more difficult it is to express emotions and empathy.

I remember as a child when on tv there would be very sad or very happy or very regretful or a scene where an animal was hurt on TV I would run out of the room. I literally could not process the emotional overload because my emotions and my cognition were disconnected and it was literally sometimes painful.

It's actually quite the paradox because I have gotten into some very emotionally connecting conversations with perfect strangers because it was an academically driven emotional conversation. If that makes sense. But if I would have had a connection to them I never would have been able to express that stuff.

And yes, in writing it gives us the time to make sure that we're saying what we mean clearly and concisely like normal neurotypicals would say it so there's no confusion

Right?

superficially ;)
It was kind of a joke and kind of me being truthful because I'm oblivious sometimes to the cut downs other people are easily cognizant of.

Like my ex-wife said that men would make comments that were basically propositioning her in front of me, but I was so absolutely confident that my wife would never cheat on me that I didn't even associate that with them talking shit right in front of me.

Or I'll just assume that whatever they're actually saying it's not directed towards me or any number of reasons why....

One of my favourite subjects.
I have spent 14 years and have an awarding theologist in this mental disability, with close one on on knowledge.
It starts with a strong routine and strong forward thinking, not setting yourself up to fail.
routine, organisation and forward thinking are a healthy combination to help a person out.

Thats easier said than done however training your brain out of thinking something is going to happen and stress is the immediate reaction, its really training your ownself to not be a brat about it, so as above its a really good way of thinking about it : Reprogramming your own thought process.
There is a big difference that people have a hard time differentiating between an ADHD or ASD episode and just being a brat. Its hard for parents if they dont understand how are they to parent the child or support the person.

If you need any one on one support thats direct please send a PM.

NR xx