Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ask a recovered meth addict anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
The etymology of 'devil's advocate' goes back to Roman Catholic Church practice of grilling candidates wanting to join the church. The advocate basically came up with opposing arguments just to rattle the candidate and see how 'worthy' they were by their ability to defend themselves from the verbal attack.

But "devil's avocado" is nothing. It just came from an obscure Australian comedy skit show from some decade or so back. I think it was called the 'Rhonnie John's Half Hour' and consisted of extremely cheesy skits, of which the 'avocado' thing is the one time I laughed and have never forgotten it. Sorry for that entirely off topic but of trivia!

Spacejunk: I agree absolutely that trying to rid oneself of multiple addictions can be a fucking disaster. I can attest to that with first hand experience because in a moment of intense regret, frustration and total disillusionment with ... well, everything.. I decided that I wanted no more medications or drugs, and in a spectacular fail that one can only do as a knee-jerk response to something, I proceeded to ditch - without any tapering - benzos, SSRIs, opiates, dissociatives, alcohol, and amphetamines.

To my credit, I lasted TWO weeks. Although the main reason I lasted that long is because after the first week I developed a chest infection and high fever and completely lost touch with reality. I couldn't stand up, eat, drink, or do anything and would likely have died had my brilliant plan being cancelled by my brother and girlfriend who took me to hospital where I recovered.

At least I can say that I know have a new personal benchmark for just how bad it is possible to feel, mentally and physically.

I am going to close this thread, congrats to the OP on kicking their meth habit but I don't really see the fact you have quit alone to be a topic for discussion, we do have a quitting/tapering thread here which would be an appropriate place to share tips and advice on how to quit meth.

You may also want to contribute to our meth thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.