Ashwagandha

paranoid android

Bluelight Crew
I am thinking about taking ashwagandha for the purpose of raisin testosterone. However on the bottle it says not to take with sedatives. I am on clonazepam, zopiclone and also morphine. Iam just wodering is there much of a interaction here?

I´ve tried 2 or 3 different formulations of ashwagandha and none of then made the smaller difference. Even if it does raise a little a +5 or +10% from natural T is barely discernible and needs to be prolonged like months to have any tiny effect, so I would be more like looking at other places.

Could be that Im a hard non responder but for me is burning the money

From what I remember the T gains from ashwagandha are mostly negligible, however according to some study the gains to muscle mass were significant. Something like 5-20%, can't remember.

Last edited:
I guess that ashwagandha can be sedating to some individuals because it's supposed to keep the stress hormone cortisol under control. That's probably what the warning is about. But benzos work on GABA receptors, which is an entirely different mechanism.

I would definitely be careful performing tasks like driving or heavy lifting until I knew how it affected me.

I only tried it one time, but it gave me the worst gas/stomach cramps and bathroom issues that I've ever had.

I am thinking about taking ashwagandha for the purpose of raisin testosterone. However on the bottle it says not to take with sedatives. I am on clonazepam, zopiclone and also morphine. Iam just wodering is there much of a interaction here?

The reason why the bottle says that is because ashwagandha promotes the binding of GABA to its receptors in the brain, so it also has a synergistic and potentiating effect on any medications you're taking that have GABA interactions. In other words, it will increase sedation and make drug effects stronger + longer lasting. Combined with its ability to lower blood cortisol, it will be more difficult to achieve arousal from sleep and maintain a wakeful state.

I can attest to the cortisol lowering effect. I have adrenal issues due to years of corticosteroids and ashwagandha makes tired AF and makes waking up in the morning a lot more difficult. I just don't seem to produce enough cortisol anymore to counter the GABA effects. So be careful with this one. Ashwaganda on its own is considered a mild anxiolytic but I think mixing it with the drugs you're on could possibly push you beyond a safe threshold.

took ashwandga every day for months in 2022. It fucked me up, Lead to major soulless feeling and depression and hormones all out of wack.

ashwandga is one of those supplements that reminded me now dangerous and unregulated that market is and to do solid research before eating any kind of new age 'natural' product.

I personally think it's dangerous and should be avoided.

I would recommend tongkat ali to raise testosterone in a natural way, and agmatine is worth looking at. I've been waking up with raging boners, in the middle of the night. There's some studies to back up the claims.

As an aside; agmatine also releases luteinizing hormone, which could be helpful during/after a cycle, to help natural test bounce back.

Take my experiences not as guidelines.

But imo during my Kratom and Ashwhaganda day's I didn't notice any loss off Testosteron. Which Opoid's lower, maybe Kratom is an exception but I was horny as a ... to bad my wife wasn't.

Also combining depressant's, also Kratom and / or Benzo's currently, produced no adverse effects although I combined it with sedative's. But YMMV, maybe I am hardened by my sleeping disorder a.o. Have a tolerance? Never found Ashwhaganda sedative to begin with, taken solely. Never potentiated a downer either.

I've had extremely paradoxical effects on Ashwahaganda over the years, to the degree in which I stopped using it. It has definitely been effective for me at times, but has also given me adverse effects at other times. At best it is placebo far less effective than actual real quality exercise, and at worst it'll be Indian floor sweepings that leave you emotionless with no appetite. As OTC bs test boosters go, it's not that bad. To be entirely honest with you, I wouldn't take any of these "test booster" supplements, even if a supplement may have efficacy, this market is dirty and barely regulated.

Last edited:
I've had extremely paradoxical effects on Ashwahaganda over the years, to the degree in which I stopped using it. It has definitely been effective for me at times, but has also given me adverse effects at other times. At best it is placebo far less effective than actual real quality exercise, and at worst it'll be Indian floor sweepings that leave you emotionless with no appetite. As OTC bs test boosters go, it's not that bad. To be entirely honest with you, I wouldn't take any of these "test booster" supplements, even if a supplement may have efficacy, this market is dirty and barely regulated.
Same here it either works or just makes your piss smelly. That my recent experience.

Also the original Now Foods extraxt vs. their KSM-66 seems no improvement. The contrary.
But I still stand by that during my Kratom/ Ashwhaganda day's. My libido was sky high and never saw my ball's shrink or develop men boob's.
Could be coincedence.

I used it for maybe 90 days and couldn't really say I noticed much if any difference in my stress levels / sleep / strength over that time. When I stopped I got extremely sick for a day (could have just been an actual sickness but I do wonder if it was related at all) my stomach was all kind of fucked up for that day.

I was not getting any blood work done to confirm levels of free test or anything.