• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News As meth overdoses surge in Seattle, experts recommend incentive program

I see a talk therapist once a week and take prescribed psychiatric medications every day to help with my trauma, the reason I do drugs and alcohol.

People don't want to deal with their trauma and it's ruining society. You think I LIKE doing EMDR and remembering being raped and sexually assaulted and my schizophrenic parents?

Hell no, but I buck up and DO it so I can hold down a job, be a real mother, not be a drain on society and not kill myself or hurt others.

Arresting people, court ordered medications, self responsibility, valuing your life and others is my solution to this shit show. Live and let live ISN'T WORKING.Time to give a fuck. What do you think the solution is?

im pretty positive that's what it's from - mixing drugs

man i was in downtown Bremerton yesterday - holy fuck - bunch of fucked up motherfuckers over there too

you should've seen this girl shaking away in front of the store i was at

i didn't see one non-white fucked up person there either - all fucked up white ppl - and kids gotta walk by these ppl - i watched it all unfold

man i don't care - you're out there like that, cart them away - put them in jail and clean them up - wtf

im pretty positive that's what it's from - mixing drugs

man i was in downtown Bremerton yesterday - holy fuck - bunch of fucked up motherfuckers over there too

you should've seen this girl shaking away in front of the store i was at

i didn't see one non-white fucked up person there either - all fucked up white ppl - and kids gotta walk by these ppl - i watched it all unfold

man i don't care - you're out there like that, cart them away - put them in jail and clean them up - wtf

Fuckin A. It's the HUMANE thing to do. NO ONE should be living like that and we should HELP each other.

I see a talk therapist once a week and take prescribed psychiatric medications every day to help with my trauma, the reason I do drugs and alcohol.

People don't want to deal with their trauma and it's ruining society. You think I LIKE doing EMDR and remembering being raped and sexually assaulted and my schizophrenic parents?

Hell no, but I buck up and DO it so I can hold down a job, be a real mother, not be a drain on society and not kill myself or hurt others.

Arresting people, court ordered medications, self responsibility, valuing your life and others is my solution to this shit show. Live and let live ISN'T WORKING.Time to give a fuck. What do you think the

Arresting people, court ordered medications, self responsibility, valuing your life and others is my solution to this shit show. Live and let live ISN'T WORKING.Time to give a fuck. What do you think the solution is?
Methamphetamine by itself im not sure is possible as theres almost always an opiate involved. Drug users come just as a variety of personalities as non drug users. The ones who are irresponsible get all the attention and there poor behavior is blamed on the drugs when the drugs are a symptom not the cause of the mal adaptive behavior.
There are people who use drugs and enjoy them and accompanying lifestyle and do so with out endangering society. Im one of these people and get frustrated when i hear people who have had bad experiemces with drugs and drug users and dont consider that users come in all shapes and sizes. some use casually some use socially some self medicate with them. I use meth for self medication purposes and it works better then big pharmas offerings. Why must i and countless others have to live life
in the shadows and fear a felony possesion charge bc of a prejudiced attitude from people who arent any more morally just then us. I dont understand how so many people have these horror stories around drug use and yet in then15 years of active meth addiction ive never really had trouble finding trust worthy users. Never been threatend other then by drunks our law enforcment and im tired of concerning judgement from public at large

If death wouldn’t be caused by opiod alone but is in combo with stimulant and vice versa what actually killed a person? To say both opiod and stimulant isn’t that wrong at all. And common, you all know how all kinds of speedballs are much more dangerous than downer or upper alone..

Or what about when person dies on stimulant after drinking booze? If same person didn’t have stimulant in their body it’s much more likely person would pass out before lethal dose of alcohol. Which drug is to blame in this case?

Why must i and countless others have to live life
in the shadows and fear a felony possesion charge bc of a prejudiced attitude from people who arent any more morally just then us. I dont understand how so many people have these horror stories around drug use and yet in then15 years of active meth addiction ive never really had trouble finding trust worthy users. Never been threatend other then by drunks our law enforcment and im tired of concerning judgement from public at large

i don't wanna live near tweekers

they steal shit - they're thieves (true story)

If death wouldn’t be caused by opiod alone but is in combo with stimulant and vice versa what actually killed a person? To say both opiod and stimulant isn’t that wrong at all. And common, you all know how all kinds of speedballs are much more dangerous than downer or upper alone..

Or what about when person dies on stimulant after drinking booze? If same person didn’t have stimulant in their body it’s much more likely person would pass out before lethal dose of alcohol. Which drug is to blame in this case?
any real stats would make an effort to present this stuff. The best we can do is read between the lines and while I think you make valid points that happen in the real world all the time - there is a clear pattern in these Pacific Northwest Law Enforcent 'studies' to scare the public with bullshit - shown most clearly by the way they REFUSE to show us the STATS for how many DIED ON METH ALONE. [but it is clear the number is rather small.]

Last edited:
I’m not saying there isn’t intention to scare people with presenting data as they do. But it’s done in belief that it might at least prevent someone from doing meth. And those who’ll keep thinking you can’t OD from meth would continue to trust their friends and not some “studies” on that anyway.

I personally know a case of person who died from snorting amphetamine and drinking along it, if he did only one it wouldn’t happen, what killed him?

Also some celebrity in my country died from MDMA. Apparently she ate 1g of MDMA cuz she thought she got that as a dose. Idk if alcohol was involved but she sure as fuck wouldn’t die if she didn’t eat it. And you’ll hear idiots saying it’s almost impossible to OD on MDMA, it isn’t, it’s quite easy if you’re either stupid or already high as fuck. Maybe young and still relatively healthy addicts feel like if they take 10x amount they did, they just wouldn’t be able to sleep 10x longer, sadly it doesn’t work so. Very few drugs can be safely taken in 10x amount of high dose; fact that you can get so addicted that you need a few normally lethal doses just shows how our bodies get accustomed to various substances, not that it’s hard to OD. I see people talking about injecting 0.5g of meth or more, ffs, without tolerance 50mg of snorted meth is already quite nice and being able to do 10x I.V. doesn’t make that person magically tolerant to all toxicity such, in fact OD brings.

i don't wanna live near tweekers

they steal shit - they're thieves (true story)
I’m not saying there isn’t intention to scare people with presenting data as they do. But it’s done in belief that it might at least prevent someone from doing meth. And those who’ll keep thinking you can’t OD from meth would continue to trust their friends and not some “studies” on that anyway.

I personally know a case of person who died from snorting amphetamine and drinking along it, if he did only one it wouldn’t happen, what killed him?

Also some celebrity in my country died from MDMA. Apparently she ate 1g of MDMA cuz she thought she got that as a dose. Idk if alcohol was involved but she sure as fuck wouldn’t die if she didn’t eat it. And you’ll hear idiots saying it’s almost impossible to OD on MDMA, it isn’t, it’s quite easy if you’re either stupid or already high as fuck. Maybe young and still relatively healthy addicts feel like if they take 10x amount they did, they just wouldn’t be able to sleep 10x longer, sadly it doesn’t work so. Very few drugs can be safely taken in 10x amount of high dose; fact that you can get so addicted that you need a few normally lethal doses just shows how our bodies get accustomed to various substances, not that it’s hard to OD. I see people talking about injecting 0.5g of meth or more, ffs, without tolerance 50mg of snorted meth is already quite nice and being able to do 10x I.V. doesn’t make that person magically tolerant to all toxicity such, in fact OD brings.
I think it’s possible to take a fatal dose of meth and I saw a specific amount when it’s lethal on wiki maybe. I did monster shots for a period of time when I was fighting the tolerance and or when crashing and caused a slight concern when I felt difficulties breathing. Chasing that rush not only requires more each shot the duration gets shorter every time and I’ll feen for it almost as bad as the jones when I’m smoking hard. As you put the inevitable results when you’re getting as methed up as much as possible is crashing no matter what bc the the body knows its limits and shuts down when needed. I tend to increase my weed intake up as much as my wallet could handle now adays but in my younger “invincible” years I would mix what i could find to jumpstart the buzz. Alcohol seemed most effective bc i wouldn’t be passed out in 20 minutes. The dehydration from that combo made for migraines and fatigue that you can’t shake.
I’ll still use during crashes but I’m not euphoria chasing and listen more to my body’s signals and sleep food water minerals and pedialyte are all things to help.
If you die from a heart attack or stroke and it’s a few hours removed from last consumption whats coroner gonna say is the cause of death? Myocardial infarction or methamphetamine poisoning? Also curious if kidney failure would be listed when it’s attached with an active meth user.
I held beliefs from the people who showed me the ropes on iv use. Cocaine, take a little less then you think you’ll need same with your opiate of choice with increased stinginess however meth use more then you think you’ll need bc its limited in how hard it works the heart. I have taught this to the ones who are interested in iv administration along with its so good youll Cum instantly without touch. Even if it’s true theory about ceiling on heart beat the threat of seratonin syndrome is possible and can be severe enough for death.
I havnt known or heard of someone oding from meth and when I oded it was recorded as fentanyl and Methamphetamine which puts a tally under meth which I don’t believe the fears going to stop the people that need to hear it and stop the people who wouldn’t do it anyway and gives more fuel to the what a fucking loser mindsets.

"studies"....

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Center for the Application of Prevention and Technologies studied the use of fear messages and scare tactics in substance misuse prevention. They reviewed more than 1,000 peer-reviewed research articles on state-level and community-level prevention efforts from 1993 to 2014. This meta-analysis confirmed that scare tactics are largely ineffective in preventing substance misuse.