• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Arm throbbing after slamming meth?

Kaseynicole18

Greenlighter
So this has happened a couple times after slamming in my left arm only. I've been trying to avoid slamming my left arm recently due to knocking a vein when pulling the syringe out and there was minor swelling that occurred, so I've started adjusting to using my less dominant hand to slam my right arm. I'm waiting on my syringes right now that I ordered so I bought a couple from my friend and they're the cheap ones. The plunger gets stuck often and is a recipe for disaster trying to use my bad hand, it's way too shakey.

So I did a shot in my right arm, and was able to get the vein and didn't miss. After about an hour I wasn't really feeling it like I wanted( I'm guessing due to dispersing too much out of the syringe when getting rid of air bubbles and being shakey when injecting) so I made another shot and tried to loosen the plunger the best I could and shot in the same arm but different vein. It was still a little shakey, mainly when registering but had success and if it moved I re registered and proceeded with the shot. Right after that one my arm started throbbing a little. I definitely did not miss the shot!

My arm doesn't hurt or sting/feel numb, i just have a little throbbing sensation mainly in my upper arm, and I shot it in my fore arm? It's not even near the site. I also had a small welt appear near the site and a little redness around it. But I came to the conclusion it was from shaking the needle too much or I had a small reaction to it, I applied allergy cream and it went away in 20 min. Has anyone else had a throbbing feeling after shooting, and not missed the vein??? Im just curious because it's happened before.

Meth is probably one of the worst street drugs there is to IV, if you want healthy veins. With all the different cuts, chemicals, adulterants, etc it's really not that smart. But I get it, no judgement lol.
I hope you filtered it thoroughly with at least cotton if not a wheel filter.
If it doesn't hurt, I wouldn't stress yet but I would definitely keep and eye out if the spot hardens, starts to show signs of abscess, bruising, etc.
if by "throbbing" you mean a pulsating feeling, but there's no pain could just your blood pressure through the roof cause, ya know....meth.
If you MUST IV again in the near future, find a new spot to be safe

^ Yeah...the heroin these days is so much safer hey. 8)

With the description of your technique I wouldn't be suprised if you have one more damage to your vein or lost a bit outside the vein after you finished.

You could have hit a vein valve or branch if you are using a vein you arent familiar with.

The damaged vein could have leaked a bit if you didnt put pressure on it immediately and hold it for a few minutes. You need to apply pressure and hold it a while to stop it leaking internally.

Youve probably just caused a bruise if you have taken sterile precautions.

Dont do anything heavily physical with that arm and just rest it.

If it was a dirty shot the pain will increase pretty fast. If it goes away youre ok.

^ Yeah...the heroin these days is so much safer hey. 8)

Eh, I mean that is quite twisting my word a bit but hey 8)
It's pretty much common knowledge drugs like cocaine and meth are more likely to produce complications to your veins when used IV. In my experience that's true. Obviously all drugs pose a risk without proper technique though.

You posted this ony birthday and the last day I ever did methamphetamines. Got Woken up by hotel management for sleeping by the pool and was forced to leave. But I got totally stripped of all my belongings besides my shorts. And dude wasn't hearing it. I was up for 14 days prior completely lost my mind was playing in traffic and all . Seeing people talking to them etc etc. But I decided that was to much and I got robbed on top of it. Yeah I left that town and haven't been back since...