Are We Idiots?!?!?!

luv2luv

Bluelighter
Have any of you ever asked yourself this question:
What the hell am I doing(doing E)????
I sit here all the time loving E but shaking my head at myself. I've had a few friends quit becuse they don't want to be all phucked up later in life or cause they love it too much. I just worry sometimes that I shouldn't be doing this.
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

well i was thinking that as well
I have a good job - i am going next year to college - what else do i need ? and yet every other weekend - raves parties and E - i guess it's part of growing up (yeah and i'm 23 lol) and i guess you can enjoy life without drugs - but if you live like me - when you never know what will b tommarow - you say to yourself enjoy today
smile.gif

just my thought ...
Plur

since my 1st E, i been poppin pills almost every weekend
and loving it
but my last 2 rolls were really eye opening-
the one before last one, i dropped 2 e's (purple DMT, an blue TP... DAAAAMN)
i was EXTREMELLY messed... i was seeing very very real hallucinations, i chewed up aproxymately like 8 straws throughout tha night. i cant even explain how fuct i was
i puked the 1st time then
made me kinda appreciate that these pills are not just some magic beans, but harmful chemicals that arent supposed to be in my body, that my body's pissed at me and trying to get those chemz out (yes, sounds stupid, but a good metaphore.. hehe)
and the last time i dropped E, i was home watching TV with my parents, and decided to drop a big mac
so i did, and got really high... by the time the movie ended i was really messed up, and my parents didnt notice shit
then they went to sleep and i got even more fuckt.. couldnt fall asleep until 7:45am
the next day i felt so sick to my stomach, couldnt eat anything, felt SO fuckin depressed for the next 2 days
i was feeling so down i went and bought 5HTP's
so THAT made me see again, that these pills are harmful chemz that arent supposed to be in our bodies
just makes ya wonder if the 5-8 hours of being happy are worth the 2-3 days of being REALLY depressed, and possible permanant damage to your body 20 years after
people, please be responsible!
------------------
party safe!

Lemme tell you!! I go out on the weekends, get totally WASTED and ask myself this every time...what the hell am I doing??? But the way I see it, I work my ass off all week, this is what I enjoy, I'm gonna do it/. You only have one life to live and it's not long enough as it is..so ENJOY!!
HAVE A HAPPY Y2K
PLUR AND HAPPY ROLLIN

can I just say MODERATION?
You guys shouldn't be so hard on yourselves but in the spirit of balance and out of respect for yourselves just cut back a bit. If you do E all the time you are taking away much of what it was meant for. The comedown isn't so bad and doesn't necessarily take 3 days if you give your mind, body and soul the much needed break between drops. This way, too you don't have to feel bad about partying so much. But rather you will feel like it's a much needed/deserved break from reality.
Drugs provide a wonderful escape from the every day and dull routine. Just make sure you have created a reality of your own from which to break. Things shouldn't be so bad that you HAVE to escape on a weekly basis.
I personally do it no more than every 4-6 weeks. Peace and be good to yourselves!
PLUR+B (balance)
oh yeah and one other thing. 2 MUCH E= NO $$$
And THAT can be REALLY depressing.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tarmac (edited 03 January 2000).]

Tarmac hit the key: Moderation. It should be a key in all life.
Sure chomping pills while your home with your parents is overdoing it, you need to reconsider why you do these magic wonders. If it's for a constant escape from reality, than you have a problem.
I use E as a way of escaping, yes, a way of reflecting, seeing life in ways I may never have seen them before, but NOT all the time. Nothing can replace the wonders and joys of life, not E, or any drug.
I roll about once a month, and find that routine very containable and enjoyable. Yes, when I first started rolling a long time ago, I went crazy my first summer and rolled every weekend. However, the minute I started questioning my abuse, I rethought my use.
CHill
PLUR
...but you don't have to take my word for it...
------------------
...beatin nuts is only a hobby...
rollin my ass off is my job :)

Not idiots. I consider myself carefree, I don't mean that I don't care, I care alot. You only live once so they say. As long as I'm not causing harm to another person or a persons property there's no problem. It's all about personal freedom baby!!!
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off

Yes...we are all idiots...although not necessarily because we do drugs. I think idiocy is bred into humanity, just like cancer is hereditary in lab rats.
wink.gif

------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.

Agree with Tarmac. Last time i rolled was dec10. And yes i day dream about rollin and dancing the nite away. But i think for me i have a lot of things in my life rite now to be rolling every weekend.
I guess for me is knowing my priorities and also knowing how to control / moderation and have discipline in my life.
But dayam i miss rollin.. hee hee.. next time i'm rollin is next weekend. Was able to hold out for a month. And you know what? it wasn't that bad at all. (this was coming from about 2/3 months or rollin every weekend).
Be good to your mind and body and they will be good to you.
PLURness
happy new year all..
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

Add me to the list or peeps that agree with Tarmac. Last time I rolled was Nov. 19, I will only roll once a month. I wanted to roll again but havent had the hook ups lately. I told myself when I started rolling that I would only do it Once a month and maybe a few months out of the year twice a month. This way I will keep it in moderation, Still have fun, and not cause TOO much brain damge. Also this way i will not build such a high tolerance. MODERATION IS THE KEY!! PEACE
[This message has been edited by AJAX (edited 31 December 1999).]

All I have to say on this matter is......its a shell....relax....cuz this 'shell' isn't what u'll be bringin to the next reality. I care very much about my body....in fact everyone that i hang w/ will tell you "that guy is a vitamin freak"...which I am proud of. I give as much, if not more, to my body as I take. And, yes, add me to Tarmacs list...moderation IS the key.....don't go crazy w/ E...or anyting for that matter....although I ingest E weekly MOST of the time.....but I also take breaks from time to time. I LOVE E, and what it brings to my VISION...what I mean is...E opens my eyes to a lot of the beautiful things in life...things that would normally not be a part of my thought processes. E is a beautiful thing that should not be misused or misunderstood...what I mean is that E...shouldn't be used as an escape from reality....but, a gateway into the 'right' way of thinking about life and evyting that is really important in life...like loving evyone no matter what...forgiving people no matter what....and being true to urself and others....NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!! I care about things that r usually hidden to MOST people, not ALL, but most people who r blinded by everyday life. I also know that E won't be a part of my life for the remaider of it...I will give it up someday and so will evyone else....no one will do E for the rest of their life....you have to stop at one point or another. And here is my 'junglist'...lol...perspective on MOST of the 'BAD TO DO' things in life......WHO CARES!!!! Further urself spiritually and prepare for what is to come next...I mean in the afterlife.....prepare to 'fess up' to all the wrongdoings that you have gone thru in this life....and ask for forgiveness and you shall receive....do you think God holds grudges.....no phukn way....God is too good for that. So live life how YOU see fit....quit drugs.....go to college.....whatever.....WHO CARES!
LATER!
PLUR!
stepper69

I think that rolling once a month is a good amount. Every weekend is too much on the mind/body IMHO. Someone once said this about herb and I think it applies even more so to X: "A little warms the heart, too much burns the soul." The lesser you roll, the more special it would be every time you do it so think about it and choose wisely...
------------------
What lies behind us,
what lies before us
are tiny matters compared
to what lies within us.
=========================
L I Q U I D L

My girlfriend and I used to roll ALOT. It sure seemed like alot. I'm talking two or three nights a week, every week. After a few bad trips I decided to take a break for a while and it has been one of the best things I could have done for myself physically and emotionally. I learned to appreciate going out sober and actually enjoying myself. It was all just in my head that I couldn't go out without some sort of chemmies. My point is that for almost a whole year I stayed away from EVERYTHING and it has been a god send. Now when I party (about once a month or every other month) I find I appreciate the drug that much more. It effects me more, yet I take less. Anyway, give your body a break and it will thank you.
Smiles
smile.gif

Erica

I totally understand about how you feel. I think some people do it too much - they think it'S all fun and games.. I probably would have thought the same and roll way more if I never had bad trips.. but you see.. I've had about 3 bad trips.. and it used to scare me BIG TIME.. so I am SOO much more careful than some people and hey, your body is your temple- you only have one to use.. So use it wisely.. MOderation is the kEY

I think we're only idiots if we let the judgement of others have a bearing on the way we live our lives.(sorry that's worded funny)
I wish only that everyone would party only as much and as often as THEY feel comfortable. I happen to be the friend "Sketcher" is refering to (see above post) and I will admit that although I have cut down to some degree on average I roll AT LEAST once a week. I see nothing wrong with this. I would like to know who decides how much is too much?? Why is it socially acceptable for 1/2 the world to go "out for drinks" at least once a week??? In fact I know lots of people that think it's OK to go "out for drinks" almost every night, are they wrong? My theory is (to quote a cheesy '70's song) "We're here for a good time, not a long time. So have a good time blah blah blah....."
Sorry I babbled on a bit. Just my 2 cents.
jenn

I agree Tarmac, moderation is the key...
When i first starting do e i went crazy...did it @ every opportunity. That led to trying other drugs...and after a few times of getting totally fucked up and depressed before even hitting the pillow that night i would say "what the fuck am i doing to myself...etc."
Now i think i've learned to settle down a bit and use drugs in moderation.
Drugs have NEVER ruled my life so i don't know what its like to be an addict, but i would imagine thats where one should stop and REALLY say "what the fuck" and maybe then get help.
E is great to add a little colour to this sometimes drab and depressing world.
------------------
Ciao...
e!

Well i'm taking an extended break from rolling. It's been 7 mos since i've done any drug. And I feel soo good. I'm not trying to preach or anything but I have just as much fun going to a party sober. I'm a happier person now. I know sometime in the future I will be doing it again but right now my financial sucks and that's the reason why i'm taking a break

I think that if you are having those thaught while rolling then your not going to enjoy it very much. I'd just put all that out of your head and think about now. Besides, in years to come they'll more than likely have drugs to fix you up when your all phucked up, so don't worry about it and keep rolling, only, if you save you rolls for better occasions you will enjoy it more and nasty thaughts like those won't be as prevelant (I find anyway).
pEacE
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

Without reading your message, and only your subject line, and therefore not knowing with what this question pertains to, I answer definitively, YES.

I had a very bad trip last New Years Eve and the next day I was freakin'depressed and cant stop moving like a mofo!
And because of my bad trip...I lost a good friend(which is another story) I've never felt so depressed ever since I began rolling.
frown.gif
I guess rolling 4 weeks in a row had to do with it. Tarmac, you're right moderation is the KEY!
But no..i dont agree that were idiots. We know what we are getting at. No one had put a gun to our heads nor twisted our arm. The pill gives you a happiness and we do this because we want to patch some void in our life and escape reality although temporarily. No, I do not regret having this experience. I beleive that an individual should try everything once. I have been pondering this question in my head for quite sometime now..I guess everyone should ask themselves this...Have I made my life better for doing this? ...I am still looking for my answers because I am having a hard time formulating and constructing a logical response without rationalizing it.
Finally, I didnt mean to offend anyone on my previous statements(if you are..I apologize in advance). Being human means learning new things everyday.