• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Are these side-effects typical for Phenibut or coming from a drug-drug interaction with Wellbutrin?

Factualist

Bluelighter
Today I got some Phenibut for the first time since December. I remember really liking it then to the point I pretty much did it daily for a few weeks then never picked it up again. Luckily didn't have any withdrawals and I'm gonna be more careful this time. Anyway, I took ~3g approximately 9 hours ago and another ~2g about 3 hours ago and it's really fantastic. As good as I remember and it kind of brings me back there. There's a weird sort of headspace when you take really high doses and it's kind of neat. At lower doses it's more of a enhancer but at 3g+ it really becomes it's own drug.

Only problem is I'm getting a lot of side-effects I don't remember getting last time. Racing heart rate, probably anywhere from 140-180bpm, and really heavy heartbeats. Also getting throbbing in my extremities and when I stand up I get extremely light-headed, to the point where I've nearly passed out standing up too fast a few times. Getting slight visuals too but I remember getting those and my pupils are ridiculously huge, like it looks like I'm on ecstasy, but that I also remember. I don't remember them being quite so big though. I'm also taking Wellbutrin 300mg XR and have been for the past month or so. On that alone I get a slight stimulation and mood lift, but nothing very intense. I'm thinking that there's some interaction going on. The only things I can find online tell me it's probably a safe combination, that other people have done it with no issue, but a few people report that it reduces their tolerance to Phenibut, which is interesting.

I mean I'm not particularly worried, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this/heard of it, or if anyone has some input as to what might be happening. Why does Phenibut dilate your pupils anyway? What's the mechanism there? It makes sense that Wellbutrin might as an NDRI. I can't suss out why Phenibut has some of the effects that it does. It's really a very weird drug.

Phenibut only gave me the heart racing feeling your getting but i wasn't talking wellbutrin. I know wellbutrin give people a lift so maybe the combo isn't right for you.
Even if it says no reaction, our body are all different so we react differently

Been using phenibut for about a year 1/2. My first experiments were erratic dosing and sometime hitting 3g or more to try to get the "feeling"... never got it and none of the aforementioned side-effects in your post. I knew it was doing something as it kept my anxiety at bay.
Fast forward a year of dropping dosages and dosing on the regular (first every other day @1.5g > 500mg and then every third day @ 1g).
Lately if I dose 1250-1500mg every third day I get the euphoria and everything is well and there is no stress at all (so most of my vitals are low... i do sasses my state(s) on the regular). No other side effects. It is fickle and subtle... but I guess the correct dosage has been found for me. Guess being without anxiety/stress is a high for me. It most certainly is.
Our physical and mental make ups are different and we will have experiences that differ from this crystalline powder.
As above not on welbutrin but phenibut will potentiate and or enhance any other substance(s) consumed, IME.

Last edited:
Your dosages are really high, for me, the first time I ever took it, I took 3g, and hours later it was way too much. Phenibut takes a long time to reach full effects, upwards of 4-5 hours sometimes for me, which leads to the belief that more needs to be taken, but you have to be patient. The effects you describe are the prototypical phenibut overdosage effects. Pretty unpleasant. The best way to dose phenibut, IMO, is to dose 500mg every hour and stop around 2-2.5g. But it depends on the individual because one friend of mine can't tolerate more than 500mg. And some people I've talked to get no effects from amounts that are perfect for me and require higher dosages.

But yeah, too much results in headache, strange malaise, limb pulsing and joint pain. There's no point going up that high, all the positive effects happen before that point and are diminished once you hit the "too much" territory. Just remember it takes a long time to reach full effect. Phenibut can be tricky to dose.