• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are there any RCs left that are similar to LSD?

The effects of 1P-LSD are the same, it would fool anybody in a double blind randomized experiment.
Maybe it's available and still legal where you live.
Google is a great tool to find out, I can't say more on BL.

We are currently living in the new age of LSD-like research chemicals: 1P-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, 1P-ETH-LAD, LSZ, LSM, and there's only going to be more and more.... Quite honestly, probably nothing that was included in the China ban would feel as LSD-like to you as any of these would; 1P-LSD and ALD-52 should actually be essentially identical to LSD, whereas the others will be different but similar in many ways. It's a lysergic world these days.

1P-LSD is closest. ALD is not an rc; it was possibly the active ingredient in Orange Suneshine.
There is ETHLAD, 1P ETH_LAD, AL_LAD and racemic LSZ avaliable on the public markets.
If you have good organic chem skills, you can make pro lad, MIPLA, LSB, LSP, SS-LSZ and homolouges of all the other lysergamides (so 1p-al lad, 1p-lsz, 1a-eth lad, 1a-pro lad, etc). All the n-modified analogs (MIPLA, LSB, LSP, SS-LSZ) can also be tweaked at the 6 position, giving stuff like eth-LAZ PRO-LAB, AL-LAP, etc. Other 6-subs would be interesting to prod at. butyl or longer and isopropil are duds but I bet ethenyl (2x bond ethyl), ethynyl (3x bond ethyl) and propynyl (3x bond propyl) would be good.

You can do crazy stuff. Think 1A-ETE-LAP (1-acetyl-6-ethenyl-lysergic acid 3-pentylamide).

ALD is not an rc; it was possibly the active ingredient in Orange Suneshine.

While it's possible that ALD-52 was the drug present in Orange Sunshine, I am not aware of any actual scientific evidence that it was, or that ALD-52 has ever achieved regular, popular use outside of research settings before being released on the modern research chemical market. Other drugs, such as DPT, AMT, and 4-AcO-DMT have existed and been used by humans for roughly as long, and yet we still call them by this name for the same reason. So, while some opinions may vary, I am perfectly content placing ALD-52 in that group as well.

^Yeah the consensus was that Nick Sand and his hommie just called it ALD-52 to try and make it through a legal loophole much akin to modern RC vendors. In truth, the investigation turned up nothing but LSD from their lab. Perhaps ALD-52 did in fact make rounds in the 60s/70s, but I highly doubt it at this point.

That's been discussed enough probably - and even if it was ALD-52 all along what qualifies it as not being an RC anymore - and opposed to DOM (the infamous STP batches)? 2C-B is a drug once considered as RC as any before going 'mainstream' and being sold regardless of being scheduled - of course even Shulgin's 'research' itself is basically THE most popular research.
You guys are fine to call something an RC (with some respect to boundaries ;p ), or not-RC but the reason given will show the ambiguous reasoning for the qualifications.

An RC imo is:
- A drug designed with the intention to circumvent existing laws - so an analogue of sorts and/or
- a drug borrowed directly out of a paper only showing receptor binding study data, and running with it for human use
- a synthetic drug with a very scarce and/or short history of use in humans.

@nexus:

I think even the N-vinyls are too reactive / unstable which is why we don't see that as an obvious possibility for the tryptamines. Can't be unsaturized at the terminal otherwise you get polymerization etc.

Kaleida answered it excellently :)