• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Are there any Herbal sedatives that only effect Gaba/glutamate and are not maos etc.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
I am very sensitive to things and am looking for herbs/non prescriptions to use with stimulants that does not raise serotonin, nor adrenaline, or dopamine or even lowers Serotonin/noradrenaline.

I do find skullcap/chamomile/Valerian root/l theanine/kava all have nice gaba related effects but they are wonky and any muscle relaxation/anti anxiety effects are ruined from their modulation of Mao a, mao b, or serotogenic or adrenic properties.

Basically what im asking is is there an herbal sedative that can be taken with mao inhibitors beautifully? That is the litmus test for something that is likely to be relaxing and not a sham.

California Poppy, lactuca virosa, hops? Idk for sure honestly. CBD oil is also great it can be found at most health food stores and idk if it has any interactions.

Do you take magnesium? I notice a bigger difference in the others that I take (theanine, lysine, valerian, and ashwaganda) if I've had magnesium first.