• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Are Opiates good for singing?

While on opiates I'm less inhibited an probably just think I can sing better when high. Lol

But if I wanna have a more raspy voice to sing some Etta or Janis it's really useful. Other than that it's a bad idea to start with hard drugs solely for the purpose of being a better artist.

But if you're hellbent on taking drugs for this purpose I'd suggest taking a low dose of some psychedelics if you're inexperienced, or just smoke some good bud. Please stay away from the hard stuff, not trying to be condescending but it's a really bad idea and many of us here know from experience. We just don't want you to harm yourself.

I was a singer in highschool and I can assure you that if your serious about singing, sober is the only way to go.

however if you have extreme stage fright i do find a very small dosage of a benzo to be GREATLY beneficial

When I was in high school I had a romantic fanaticism about being a strung out musician. It was completely idiotic and I now realize opiates pretty much wreck my guitar skills and creative improv. I guess they could help with nervousness but for me they just kill the emotional aspect of music, being emotionally numbing drugs.

So IV speed addicts are less inclined to be homeless then an opioid addict?most opioid addicts I know maintain relatively normal lives,its the crack smokers and speed freaks I typically encounter on the streets, as in living on the street....

Amen. I used to be an IV meth addict; I couldn't hold my shit together; lost jobs, lost my rentals (became homeless) - lost my fucking mind really. Lost my mates. Nearly lost everything as a meth addict (I quite literally used to go to sleep at night with a knife held to my wrist, hoping in the midst of sleep I'd have what it takes because I didn't full awake).

As an IV heroin addict - I'm able to hold down steady employment, meet my social commitments, etc. Not that it is all peachy, it's not, it's kinda soul-destroying actually. BUT - meth utterly tore me apart in a way that opiods simply never could.