• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Are fent strips reliable?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
Someone told me that test strips only test for like 10 analouges but theres 100s of them out there on the street so the test strips are not reliable anymore. They said the only thing you can do is run a fent test strip and if its negative take 1/8 of a pill and test yourself for opiates so you at least know you took an opiate in the pill. Is it really that complicated now?

What do you mean by the word "reliable"? Fentanyl strips will reliably detect fentanyl every time. They will also detect a wide range of analogues, even some new ones that have not been tested with the strips.

Fentanyl strips will not detect MDMA, or novichok, or anthrax. They will not alert you if your heroin is 50% pure instead of 10% pure (fatal risk).

Does that make them "unreliable" or "not useful"? No. Fentanyl strips are one (very) useful tool in the array of tools that we have available to us to reduce risk when using drugs. It is ALWAYS essential for any harm reduction tool to be matched with other tools to try and reduce risk as much as possible.

They said the only thing you can do is run a fent test strip and if its negative take 1/8 of a pill and test yourself for opiates so you at least know you took an opiate in the pill.

The presence of poppy opiates in a pill will not warn you about the presence of other opioids, but that is another useful tool that people could use to manage risk. (Note, it is an other. It is not suitable as the only harm reduction tool you use).

Someone told me that test strips only test for like 10 analouges
I just searched a little bit online and I don't believe there is only one fent test strip manufacturer, and I would question from what source this person got their alleged facts. What's more is: you should consider the potency ranges of the drugs in question and how they don't quite overlap perfectly. Fent and a few of its close analogs like carfentanyl are in a potency class that is both extremely high and highly uncommon and part of testing properly involves using the correct dilution level with distilled H₂O so as not to cause false results to occur.
but theres 100s of them out there on the street
Hundreds?
so the test strips are not reliable anymore.
Questionable conclusion you're drawing there based on exaggerated and misrepresented figures possibly, no offense. But it's not fully logical to conclude here that fentanyl test strips are unreliable. I will say though that due to the "chocolate chip effect" regarding the lack of even distribution of fentanyl homogeneously with other active ingredients such as diacetylmorphine, it's suggested that one test the entire amount of drug that is in question. That means dumping all of each bundle into distilled H₂O, and testing each of them one-by-one.
They said the only thing you can do is run a fent test strip and if its negative take 1/8 of a pill and test yourself for opiates so you at least know you took an opiate in the pill. Is it really that complicated now?
At least that complicated unfortunately, yes. Those ubiquitous blue pills meant to be a forgery of a pharmaceutical Oxycontin tablet, the so-called "dirty 30s" have been tested and shown at times to be more or less consistent while at other times having dangerously differing amounts of fentanyl, sometimes spiking up well beyond lethality at virtually any level a user might try, unaware of the concentration point in a particularly Russian roulette-esque, lethal bundle of so-called H.

On the upside, this should encourage more users to research a little more closely into their sources' gear.

When i was on methadone i relapsed and stopped the meth. Every week they could find fentanyl and i'm sure dealers are using crap from china so it had to have analogues

When i was on methadone i relapsed and stopped the meth. Every week they could find fentanyl and i'm sure dealers are using crap from china so it had to have analogues
You know when we say "meth" we're not talking about methadone, right? We're talking about methamphetamine.

So they found fent, but nothing else. However, simply due to your assumption it came from China and the assumption that all product from China is cut, you're claiming that it had to have analogues. Well ok, even if this is true, what's your point then? And why didn't the test detect it as well?

I've found the most reliable ones to be from DanceSafe, a Canadian company.
Some others work a lot more sketchy and some especially that you might buy on the street don't work at all!

I only ever use the DanceSafe ones now ; you can order them for a reasonable price from their website.

You know when we say "meth" we're not talking about methadone, right? We're talking about methamphetamine.

So they found fent, but nothing else. However, simply due to your assumption it came from China and the assumption that all product from China is cut, you're claiming that it had to have analogues. Well ok, even if this is true, what's your point then? And why didn't the test detect it as well?
No assumption. I know the guy that orders it from China