• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are Chinese more genetically prone to opioid-use like Natives are to Alcohol

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Is there evidence do you think that Chinese in origin are more prone to opioid use than other races just like how Native-Americans are genetically prone to Alcohol on a balance of probabilities.

Do you have any evidence or reason to think that Chinese people in particular use more opioids? What are the statistics?

It's a hard "no" from me btw. Addiction knows no age, gender or race.
I don't think that's true about Native Americans either..

Do you have any evidence or reason to think that Chinese people in particular use more opioids? What are the statistics?

It's a hard "no" from me btw. Addiction knows no age, gender or race.

The Opium dens causing the creation of a separate Country previously under British rule; Hong Kong. The study by medical journal of which I could only find one comparing Opioid effectiveness on Chinese versus other ethnicities. First Nations or Aboriginals of Canada having problems with alcohol since the inception of Canada.

^^^Not really.. Its reasonable to think that different ethnicities with different genetics and past history’s which alter our genetics, could be effected differently by certain drugs.

It’s a sad fact that Native Americans struggle with alcohol use, could be the epigenetic changes from years of torment and cultural decimation or they could of been predisposed due to never having that in their culture before.

-GC

Well mister I try to hide my racial bias with scientific concepts you maybe don't have understanding.

Don't you think that Chinese people tent to use opium because is what more available? Same for indigenous people that are so poor that they can only use alcohol as a drug? You know that there been recorded that some native people drink alcohol from hair spray can because they cannot afford a decent fix of alcohol?

Is all about the availability and the potential of drug abuse plus been oppress minorities.

The Opium dens causing the creation of a separate Country previously under British rule; Hong Kong. The study by medical journal of which I could only find one comparing Opioid effectiveness on Chinese versus other ethnicities. First Nations or Aboriginals of Canada having problems with alcohol since the inception of Canada.

But every race has always had problems with alcohol an opioids. I think it's a lot more about availability than it is racial makeup.

Actually it is true that some races have less of an ability to efficiently process alcohol, and get drunk much more easily, including Native Americans. Although I think the reason for the very high incidence of serious alcoholism among their population has a lot more to do with being systematically brutalized and then oppressed for two centuries or so, continuing to this day.

I've never heard anyone try to suggest that Chinese are more prone to opiate abuse. In fact I'd say Americans are more prone to opioid abuse than most others in the world.

Actually it is true that some races have less of an ability to efficiently process alcohol, and get drunk much more easily, including Native Americans. Although I think the reason for the very high incidence of serious alcoholism among their population has a lot more to do with being systematically brutalized and then oppressed for two centuries or so, continuing to this day.

I've never heard anyone try to suggest that Chinese are more prone to opiate abuse. In fact I'd say Americans are more prone to opioid abuse than most others in the world.

I think again that's availability. There's been an opioid crisis in the US for years and they are very wildly available.
I did read somewhere that Asians have a reduced capacity to tolerate alcohol (physically, their liver enzymes I mean). Not entirely sure if this is accurate or not, though, but it was presented as fact when I read it (many years ago so forgive me for having no recollection of the source).

If they are it makes sense we the brits go them all hooked its no joke and no lie that opium literaly opium destroyed chinese stability and infastructure of the community it turned once hard working people into lazy, useless losers my mum always used to enthusatically before she died that we should do the same thing the chinese did and shoot every drug user in the back of the head and start with me it did work though anyone who didn't get shot quickly learned to not use openly man I would love to go in one of those opium dens would be awesome make friends with some of the biggest users then they take me in and share some pipes with me

This^