• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are all drugs the same??

All people who do drugs are losers
The only exception is coke, which is not a drug, but merely a way of life. Its good for you :)

^ ;) Also, certain drugs make you think that you're ok and you have them in control, until you want to stop using.
BigTrancer :)

Originally posted by Coke Attitude:
All people who do drugs are losers
The only exception is coke, which is not a drug, but merely a way of life. Its good for you :)

LOL!!!!
Plus it makes you dance real cool too. ;)

I want to add a couple of comments here:
I have an ex friend (ex because he stole some $$$ from me and dissapeared for 3 months) who became a Junkie. He was from a well off loving family and had no "problems" to escape from. He simply tool this drug socially for the feeling. His addiction resulted in re-hab and ongoing methodone treatment, as well as contracting Hepatitis(not sure which). Since his treatment he has been able to go out every few months and take E's without becoming addicted in the same way
Why? if his personality is of the "addictive" type, why didn't he get hooked on E's like he did H??
Baby_doc said:
The current thinking amongst drug and alcohol workers (which I learned in a recent education session on the topic) is that while heroin causes physical dependence, in itself it is not some instantly-addicting drug.
Sure it is not adictive from the first time, but surely feeling PHISICALLY SICK if you don't take a drug is going to make it much harder to stop. And also taking it once and feeling no bad effects may desencitise you and you won't be worried next time it is offered. Plus the fact that you now know users, sourses for the drug and how to use it!! all making abuse easier and within reach.
A study (haven't got time to look up the article now) on cats was done, where the cats were injected with an opiate once a day for 6 months. This dose was then denied on a day to one of the test subjects and that cat died within 2 hours!
Has there ever been any documented physical withdrawal symtoms from use of MDMA? if so then this would be a valid point and I would re-think my views.

A study (haven't got time to look up the article now) on cats was done, where the cats were injected with an opiate once a day for 6 months. This dose was then denied on a day to one of the test subjects and that cat died within 2 hours!
umm it would be kinda nice if you did look it up because your wording sounds exactly like something i wrote a while back in this forum except that the substance in question was Benzodiazepines (valium). i had heard about this study from Doctor Karl, who was talking about the idea of "addiction" on JJJ. he was making the point that benzos are the only true physically adictive substance, as these studies had shown that a cat given heroin, then denied it might be a bit grumpy but would get over it, where as a benzo fed cat would die because it's metabolism has changed so much that denial of the substance caused death.
this is the ironic part, that heroin withdrawal will not kill you, but going cold talking from an extreme valium addicition could. and guess which is easier to get from your doctor?
(oh and i've tried looking around quickly for the actual study, but with no luck. if needs be i can always email Doctor Karl as he remember everything :) )
[ 25 February 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Kelby - by your logic no-one should try the drug because it is imposssible to use H without heading in a massive downward spiral of addiction, then death.
The same logic could be applied to all recreational drugs. Should you be allowed/even consider having that first cone, when there are plenty of people who have smoked themselves so far out of pocket and so far into schitzophrenia?
Should you even contemplate having an E - when Anna Wood and others have died? Plenty of people have died from taking MDMA alone, or from the adulterants that are commonly sold in E (and without GC - you never know WHAT EXACTLY is in a pill).
Should you take speed? PLENTY of people are addicted to it.
For some, drugs aren't strictly about the "party" aspect. There is a broadening of horizons, a change of mindset, new ways to get high. Telling those people (who are probably far more "informed" and "safe" than you are) that they are scum for their choice of drug is completely stupid - whether you personally use drugs or not. If you have experience with the drug and can make valid comment, fair enough, but pointing fingers and making judgements from a distance isn't necessarily hypocritical, but it is a shit, closed mindset to have.
There may be people who have poor willpower or problems to run from, and with those things known - they should be advised to steer clear of many things - not only heroin, but ALL drugs, gambling, etc.
But, you can't make people's decisions for them, and as such you may not condone their experimentation, but it has to be accepted.
There are no "good" or "bad" drugs. If we were all sensible and read about all the negatives of a particular drug (as is often done with H) then we'd be fools to try them. But, you hear good reports on E (ahh, hug drug, bulk chopped), weed, etc that it takes your interest, and you try. Some people have found that with heroin.
I think the thing to remember is to not question people using the drug, but the motivation of the people to use the drug. If the motivation for trying the drug isn't healthy or right for that person then no matter what drug it is, it's a bad choice.
A final point
Plus the fact that you now know users, sourses for the drug and how to use it!! all making abuse easier and within reach.
I know a shitload of cracked out "party drug users" and i would hate to be living their comedowns, does that make trying E bad..? because of the people who use it? I find a lot of people who use E are cracked out, false and totally out of control... but at least they don't use H?