• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Are 2C-B-FLY and βk/βOH-2C-B worth trying?

Wow, how did you like the DMMDA-2/DMMDMA-2?
DMMDA-2 really is a lot like MDA, and a dose around 80 mg seems about perfect. Pushing it past 100 mg led to some physical side-effects like jaw-clenching and muscle tension without much pay-off. Much less than 60 mg didn't produce anything all too interesting. In fact, the drug on its own wasn't exactly something that would bowl me over, but it was very pleasant and mildly psychedelic. However, I noticed that music was greatly enhanced by this compound, for me, which is something I usually do not find in MDA or MDMA. Also, DMMDA-2 very much complemented a psychedelic such as LSD, and especially mushrooms, even when the two drugs effects were laid on top of one another by i.e.: taking them at the same time rather than “piggyback” the methylenedioxy drug into the psychedelic several hours apart (we called this "trolling" (tripping + rolling) as opposed to "candyflipping" which to us meant flipping back & forth between two drugs, one ecstasy-class and the other a psychedelic).

DMMDMA-2 was, quite frankly, a let down to me, despite already suspecting it wouldn't have much activity. At lower doses, nothing could be detected. Pushed this up to about 300 mg, and there was certainly a little bit of stimulation, but nothing worth pursuing. Tried the trolling and candyflip combos with it, and I simply cannot say for certain that the combined effects weren't placebo, but it seemed like it altered the trip mildly. Had this been a little more interesting, I would've whipped up the ethylamine analog, having the necessary materials to do so at the time, but I couldn't really justify this. So I moved on to 2C-I and other compounds in my independent research.

Interesting, PIHKAL has very few notes. Just one "report", at 50mg: "I like it, it is very much like MDA"
Yeah that's actually why I decided to experiment with producing it. I had my methods down for making MDA, MDMA, and MDE, and I had a good source for essential oils, including Indian Dill Seed oil, so I figured why not? I used to be able to vacuum distill MDP-2-P (isosafrole ketone) using only a metal sink aspirator as my vacuum source, but in producing 2,3-dimethoxy-4,5-methylenedioxy-phenyl-2-propanone and distilling it to purity, I found that I needed a much stronger vacuum to pull down its boiling point further than my aspirator was capable of doing. Otherwise bad polymerization would occur in the bottom of my 2L round-bottom flasks that would be a real bitch to clean out of the glassware. I found it helpful to clean up the ketone with sodium metabisulfite recrystallizations in the usual method prior to vacuum distillation. I figure this led to fewer impurities in the ketone to form the polymers upon being heated. This had an impact on the yield that I wasn't particularly fond of, but it was worth it for the cleaner distillation…

There's plenty of trip reports on Erowid of people combining 2C-B-FLY with 2C-B, MDMA, Amphetamine, etc. If there is any MAOI activity I don't think it's enough to worry about.
Yeah, I've recently discovered that I harbor a bit too much fear of MAOIs, especially the mild RIMAs. I'm just aware of the potential dangers they can cause, but I also know how to avoid them. Regarding the trip reports on the Erowid, I only see one combining 2C-B and 2C-B-FLY. In that case, the individual said they took 8 mg of 2C-B-Fly at 11:15 am, and then five hours later took half a tablet of 2C-B. Calling this a combination seems a little less than accurate let's just say. But to your point, if it were a serious MAOI, it would've interfered with some of the other combinations reported on the site.

I have some 2C-B-FLY sitting around perhaps I should try it. Not particularly anxiogenic/weird come up?

I have some 2C-B-FLY sitting around perhaps I should try it. Not particularly anxiogenic/weird come up?
To me, every psychedelic is anxiogenic to some extent, some more than others and it tends to come with heavier body loads. I consider 2C-B-FLY's body load to be medium, while 2C-B's body load is light, and DOB's body load is heavy. There is some anxiogenesis surrounding the drug once it begins to peak, but the come-up is slow and it settles in pretty calmly, all things considered.

To me, every psychedelic is anxiogenic to some extent, some more than others and it tends to come with heavier body loads. I consider 2C-B-FLY's body load to be medium, while 2C-B's body load is light, and DOB's body load is heavy. There is some anxiogenesis surrounding the drug once it begins to peak, but the come-up is slow and it settles in pretty calmly, all things considered.

So is anxiety really proportional to body load? I'm trying to think of an exception from personal experience. I suppose I find LSD to have not much of a body load compared to say 5-meo-dipt yet more anxiety. Then again it is much, much stronger.

What would you describe the 2C-B-FLY body load consists of?

So is anxiety really proportional to body load?
Again, for me, anxiety tends to come with heavier body load. Here I'm not referring to anxiety so much as a mental worrying, but rather more of a nervousness or unease. It doesn't mean one is harboring fear of anything though, so that distinction might be relevant.
I'm trying to think of an exception from personal experience. I suppose I find LSD to have not much of a body load compared to say 5-meo-dipt yet more anxiety.
I know what you mean by this. On LSD I might be nervous about going out in public, or interfacing with a convenient store clerk, whereas on Foxy Methoxy, despite muscle tension, bruxism, and possibly some mild nausea, it doesn't bother me to interface with people who are sober. In this sense, 2C-B-FLY doesn't cause me any concern; I feel fine speaking with others.
Then again it is much, much stronger.
Agreed. But even on equal levels of intoxication, this tends to be true. Some compounds—like LSD, mushrooms, DPT, pharmahuasca—cause a certain social phobia to come about in me. Other compounds like Foxy, Moxy, 2C-B, 2C-B-FLY, 4-HO-MET, and ETH-LAD—among others—seem to not cause this agoraphobic reaction for me, despite some uncomfortable effects associated with the negative effects of psychedelics.
The usual stuff – a bit of hypertension, a bit of tachycardia, bruxism, muscle tightness, a tiny amount of nausea but not consistently. Also I experience some significant loss of temperature control regulation in the beginning phase of the peak experience. I'm hot one minute, and freezing the next without any clear reasons why or how to fix it.

I don't find it to be anxiogenic very much at all. The come-up is very gradual and feels easy. This is for me... note that I no longer really get anxiety from any psychedelics. I do get twinges in the come-up for some drugs and that includes 2C-B and other 2C-Xs, but I do not get twinges for 2C-B-fly so that says to me it is not particularly anxiogenic in the come-up. And it certainly is not during the main effects. Also, I recall trying 2C-B-fly a couple of times back in 2006/2007, when I still got anxious on come-ups, and I found it to be notably easygoing during all stages of the trip.

So is anxiety really proportional to body load? I'm trying to think of an exception from personal experience. I suppose I find LSD to have not much of a body load compared to say 5-meo-dipt yet more anxiety. Then again it is much, much stronger.

I would agree with xorkies assessment. 2cbfly is pretty easy going body load and anxiety wise.

YMMV. I didn't find 2C-B-FLY to be particularly similar to 2C-B. I mean, they were both phenethylamines, but probably less similar to 2C-B than 2C-C, for instance. bk-2C-B had more of a similarity, and that's not saying much either. I'm a hard head with 2C-B and a lightweight with 2C-B-FLY, and they both offer different experiences. People seem to have pretty wildly different experiences with 2C-B-FLY, where some find it subtle and rolly while others find it to be a true cerebral psychedelic. I get no visuals from it, but a friend gets the strongest visuals from it of any of dozens of psychedelics. It's really hard to say how you'll find it to be, but enough people seem to like it that if I had never tried it I'd give it a shot

I don't find it to be anxiogenic very much at all. The come-up is very gradual and feels easy. This is for me... note that I no longer really get anxiety from any psychedelics. I do get twinges in the come-up for some drugs and that includes 2C-B and other 2C-Xs, but I do not get twinges for 2C-B-fly so that says to me it is not particularly anxiogenic in the come-up. And it certainly is not during the main effects. Also, I recall trying 2C-B-fly a couple of times back in 2006/2007, when I still got anxious on come-ups, and I found it to be notably easygoing during all stages of the trip.
I find it to be decidedly anxiogenic, more so than most other psychedelics I can think of. That's the reason I don't like it all that much. At least with rectal dosing, the 2hrs of anxiety is more like a half an hour. Weird, because it's otherwise very easygoing

I know what you mean by this. On LSD I might be nervous about going out in public, or interfacing with a convenient store clerk, whereas on Foxy Methoxy, despite muscle tension, bruxism, and possibly some mild nausea, it doesn't bother me to interface with people who are sober. In this sense, 2C-B-FLY doesn't cause me any concern; I feel fine speaking with others.
Yeah, 2C-B-FLY is on the pro-social side of the psychedelic spectrum for me. The anxiety is somatic in origin. It feels anxious in my body, which makes it hard for my mind not to feel anxious as well. Same with 2C-B tbh, except that its anxiety is more intense and visceral, and only very rarely manifests. I get that anxiousness from 2C-B-FLY every time during come-up.

It's not the anxiety of mushrooms that comes from having to let go of your ontological and egoic anchors. I haven't experienced that in a long time honestly.

Weirdly, apart from that feeling 2C-B-FLY has less body load than pretty much any other psychedelic I can think of. There are somatic elements, sure, but no side effects for me personally

While I definitely would recommend 2c-b-fly, I personally did not find it much like 2cb. It was very cerebral. They are both pretty psychedelic and for the most part I would agree with what others have said.

Haven't tried and beta analogues but I'm not super interested in either

While I definitely would recommend 2c-b-fly, I personally did not find it much like 2cb.
No they're different, but you didn't feel some similarities? It's probably just in my head, but I swear I feel a similarity between not just these two drugs, but also 25B-NBOMe, DOB, and to a lesser extent the beta-hydroxy and beta-ketone derivatives. It's the entactogenic push coupled with the phenethylamine/Mescaline-type psychedelia.

I found that was the case for comparing 2C-I, 25I-NBOMe, and DOI – they're all three very highly visual in a similar manner, for me anyways

I have had dozens of experiences with 2C-B at dosages ranging from 2mg to 25mg (mostly in the 12-20mg range) and plan on experimenting with higher dosages in the near future.
A trusted vendor currently has listings available for βOH-2C-B and 2C-B-FLY. I was considering purchasing these substances but have read mixed reports about them.
From what I've gathered, both substances last significantly longer than 2C-B and can affect people very differently even at similar dosages. BOH seems to be more stimulating and clear-headed while FLY seems to be more visual and psychedelic.
My question is, as the title states, if it would be worth procuring either or both of these two compounds, or if I'm best off sticking with 2C-B.
Yeah gave 2c-b a dash and I mean micro dose once. Talk about as close to acid trip. Definitely be hallucinating for about 2 or 3 hours .

No they're different, but you didn't feel some similarities? It's probably just in my head, but I swear I feel a similarity between not just these two drugs, but also 25B-NBOMe, DOB, and to a lesser extent the beta-hydroxy and beta-ketone derivatives. It's the entactogenic push coupled with the phenethylamine/Mescaline-type psychedelia.

I found that was the case for comparing 2C-I, 25I-NBOMe, and DOI – they're all three very highly visual in a similar manner, for me anyways
I really did not find them similar. I do find 2cb and dob pretty similar. 25b gave me weird symptoms so I never took it higher than 300mcg

2CBFLY was very underwhelming for me I would recommend larger dosing with it honestly if you are hungry for it at all i dosed so much to get to where I wanted I thought I was gonna die then felt saved when I called out to spirit helpers got it from a great place too

definitely my fault neglectful dosing pattern start small alwzys

I am not a novice to these things by any means thouvh

Last edited:
2CBFLY was very underwhelming for me I would recommend larger dosing with it honestly if you are hungry for it at all i dosed so much to get to where I wanted I thought I was gonna die then felt saved when I called out to spirit helpers got it from a great place too

definitely my fault neglectful dosing pattern start small alwzys

I am not a novice to these things by any means thouvh
The longer onset of 2C-B-FLY tends to trick people into thinking for the first three hours that it must not be very strong. They sometimes up the dose, but are either way often surprised when they’re tripping face hours later. The psychedelic amphetamines are notoriously tricky like this, too. As with most things in life: timing is everything.