• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

APAP Question...again

MKLuiKang

Greenlighter
I have sickle cell and I been on meds my whole life and I won?t be taken off until...idk. But I was wondering is 4,550 to much in not I. I?m big and tall. I have an extreme tolerance so it?s not the hydro that makes me nervous. I usually take 12 to 13 tabs which is 3,900 or 4,225 which 13 goes over but I feel like I need an extra mind you I usually take them at separate times. Like 7 then 5 or something like that but Today I took more and now 8 hours later I was wondering if it would destroy me to have an extra. I have gotten my liver check recently and they said it was fine. I usually do 2 weeks or less on norco and then use something not hard on the liver but I don?t have it now. Also, I?m not a drinker.

What do you guys think? I?m new here but I need help!

Ouch. My liver hurts just thinking about doing that much APAP in one day and you are doing it everyday for 2 weeks. I used to take 8 percocets a day before I knew what I was doing to my liver. Now I'm on pain meds without APAP plus Norco but I only take 3 Norcos a day.

Have you looked up Cold Water extraction? CWE? Check the search engine and get that APAP out of your Norcos.

Is it really that bad??? I?m scared now! I didn?t think going one or two pills over the regular amount would hurt me that bad. I never heard of cold water extraction

Your usual dose is way too high. I wasn't even thinking about the 1 or 2 extra pills.

Search here and the internet for the maximum amount you should take a day and then cut that in half and it might be a safe dose if you only took it occasionally. People OD on just APAP. It's only good in small doses and not all the time.

I'm Mobile so I can't use the edit function. The highest amount of APAP recommended for adults is 3,000 mgs a day. That came directly from the Tylenol website.

The best advice I have for you is to take your meds as prescribed. If you feel that you are not getting adequate pain relief, talk with your doctor about switching to a medication that doesn't contain acetaminophen.

^This

Your doctor will know about the harm you're causing your body and can switch you to one of many pain relievers without APAP.

If you can't or won't tell him then use the search engine to find the threads on CWE. It's relatively simply and you don't need to buy anything special to do it.

Your usual dose is way too high. I wasn't even thinking about the 1 or 2 extra pills.

Search here and the internet for the maximum amount you should take a day and then cut that in half and it might be a safe dose if you only took it occasionally. People OD on just APAP. It's only good in small doses and not all the time.

I didn?t think my usual dose was too high! I saw online and called poison control who said 4,000 was the limit. I only go one pill over and not all the time. I thought that was the limit? I guess I was wrong but where can I find the CWE. I usually take 3,900. 13 puts me at 4,225. I don't take it all at once. But I never imagined I was doing something bad. I have gotten checked on more than one occasion and they said I'm fine but I'm scared now. My tolerance is too high I been on meds my whole life...

Last edited:
There's a thread or several on cold water extraction here I BL. If you don't know how to use the search engines perhaps someone can link it for you. Sorry I can't with tyev device im on

Yes using 4000 mg daily APAP used to be the Maximum limit and that was for occasional use only

Refer to the above post which recommends to ask your doc for a medication NOT containing tylenol

I did the CWE and I think it turned out great. My stuff in my cup is not crystal clear but very close and there?s a white thick substance in my filter. My only thing now is... how do I know how much acetaminophen I?m getting. I?m sure that even the most crystal clear of concoctions have trace elements of APAP but how do I know how much! Or should I just be worry free knowing most of it is gone into the filter instead of my liver!

when I take apap I usually have 2000-2500 and then it I don't feel that another 1500 obviously this is cocodomal and when I either have the strong ones or just wanna top up my dose I've never had any issues apap is potentially deadly and I respect that.

SO just to make sure I did everything right...that white...Marshmellowy paste stuff left in the filter in the APAP. I just want to be sure because even though I filtered out the APAP...I know its impossible to get all of it and so my fear is not knowing how much I did ingest...in case I want some more hydro later on. My water was wasn't clear enough to see through but it had a slight tint...nothing cloudy at all but just a slight color that wasn't of concern. I know when I did 9 pills last night there was so much marshmallow go and I let the remaining mixture sit overnight in the fridge and drank it with juice cause it was disgusting. Does it sound like I did it correctly?

I have never had to personally do a CWE because my doctor hates APAP but what you've described sounds exactly right. Even if there's a little APAP left it won't be enough to worry about. You can always filter one more time if you are concerned.

And yes, you can do the extraction on more pills later in the day without worrying about excess APAP. I don't think there's any way for you to know how much is still in the mix without sending it to a lab, but you certainly have removed the majority of APAP from your description of what your final product looks like.

Yeah, it tastes horrible from all accounts so mix it with juice or something that will overpower that taste. I personally would pick pineapple juice or perhaps a mixed juice that has strong tasting fruits. You don't want to throw up the extraction you worked so hard on!

And I'm so glad you decided to take the toxicity of APAP seriously. People are hospitalized for taking handfuls of Vicodin or Percocet and it wasn't the narcotic part of the mix that put them there.

I get the oxys without APAP and Norcos but only take 3 Norcos a day and avoid Tylenol in any other medication because 975 mgs a day is the highest I'm willing to go.

Sounds like you're a natural at CWE and it makes me feel better to know you aren't harming your body while enjoying your drug of choice. Harm reduction is what it's all about!

Sounds like you're doing it right

So, the white stuff that settles at the bottom while in the fridge is the APAP?

I guess I was just afraid because if I do this wrong it could be deadly but the white stuff that stays behind in the filter... (I use a thin damp handkerchief because it?s so sturdy yet works great) is the APAP? I went to the hospital after I did the first CWE to get a Tylenol/liver function test and it came back great but even though I can see through my water it still has a grayish tint and that makes me nervous

But from my understanding acetaminophen isn?t soluble is cold water right? Is that why it settles at the bottom?

I do filter more than once but the second time the mixture goes straight through with no more marshmallow goo stuff but still has a slight tint. Still there?s a slight tint, where is that coming from?

Last edited:
I think you are overthinking this. You're good man. You got the majority of the APAP out and that's all that matters. I didn't mean to make you think that death was imminent if you didn't get out every single milligram of APAP. Just drink and enjoy, knowing that you've done the best you can and your drink is mostly hydrocodone and water and a little bit of APAP.