• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Anyone Practice Voodoo? (Or other forms of "witchcraft"?)

RichardMooner

Bluelighter
I've recently sparked an interest in different forms of witchcraft, specifically New Orleans Voodoo, and have been reading several biographies/handbooks on Greco-Roman paganism, New Orleans Voodoo, Santeria, and Haitian Voodoo. I thoroughly enjoy reading about the practice and culture surrounding the different practices, and I guess I was just wondering if anyone here practices and would like to share their experiences?

Or just your thoughts on "magic" and/or "spirit" work, regardless of whether you practice, or not.

It's not really the age of withcraft. That's more low-consciousness. It's the age of higher consciousness and divine magic.

I believe it could also be a lot of focused energy on something you think very hard, hopefully wishing the best!

Last edited:
It's not really the age of withcraft. That's more low-consciousness. It's the age of higher consciousness and divine magic.
I was using "witchcraft", informally, as kind of a catch all term that includes practices not associated with religion or divinity.

Ive always been interested in this sort of thing, I dont know anyone who practices, but strangely, I was messaging with someone who had met a REAL vampire couple years back, Im not talking about the psychic kind either, or some young goth kids who like the color black, This person actually met and became semi-friends with a real vampire, complete with retractable fangs! While I never really got many my questions answered about them, where they come from, what they actually are, etc. at first i didnt believe his story, but he eventually proved it to me (hard to explain)...( NO, they are not really dead, come back to life, or immortal, they are similar to you and me, just slightly different, they most certainly die like everyone else)

The way he described them, it sounds to me like a very old curse or something similar, so I have no doubt shit like exists out there, I just wish I knew more details about it all.

You've mentioned this encounter with a vampire at least twice, now.
You keep saying it's hard to explain. I don't understand that. Please elaborate.

You've mentioned this encounter with a vampire at least twice, now.
You keep saying it's hard to explain. I don't understand that. Please elaborate.
Easiest way to describe it, is this guy 'knew' me without actually knowing me. He described to a tee what kind of person I was, and after that, he was sort of in my head for the rest of that day, it was really strange, I have never experienced anything like this before, or since.

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you suddenly understand something that was previously unknown to you, I had a dream once where I was able to teleport myself anywhere on the planet, just by using my mind, this dream was sooo real and intense, in the dream, this ability I had made total sense to me, I understood how I was able to do this and it made perfect sense, the mechanics of it, how my body actually moved from place to place, how my mind initiated this action, etc. I remember this dream to this day, I remember saying to myself in the dream, "damn, how did I not recognize this ability before now, its so simple"

It was similar to this, but only lasted that day, It was like I 'understood' what they were. I remember I was at home on this day and did not want to leave the house, but I was low on smokes, so I had to run up to the local store, it was very weird too, it felt like I was not myself, I felt very uncomfortable being out in public, but felt safe in my house. I should mention I was not on any drugs at this point either. Ive always kicked around the idea of emailing him again, but havent done so yet.

I also kept wondering if I should ask to meet in person, to see something like this with my own eyes would be fucking priceless, I even talked to my GF at the time about this, I was seriously considering buying a plane ticket if he agreed to meet me in person, but I could never bring myself to ask him this, I had doubts whether it would be a good idea for me to be a different place, not knowing anyone there, especially experiencing what I had, I wasnt sure if it would be a good thing or not for us to meet, I didnt really get the impression they were evil, but I didnt feel I could trust them entirely either.

Last edited:
I was using "witchcraft", informally, as kind of a catch all term that includes practices not associated with religion or divinity.

It's not associated with religion. It means expressing higher consciousness to get results in this world (like charisma, etc.). You don't learn it from religion, you need to learn it by yourself.

Your consciousness-level influences a lot of things. Like how people respond to you, what happens to you, and the kind of energies and beings in the invisible world you attract. It's probably what influences things the most.

Sounds like bullshit, to me.

Fucking hilarious.
If you dont believe in any of this, why did you even ask?

keep in mind there is alot out there in our world that we dont about yet and to think we have it ALL figured out is foolish, every single generation has thought they had it all figured out too, but strange thing, every single one of them are consistently proven wrong. lol

btw, I never said they were immortal, they are most certainly not, they also not have to drink blood ONLY, these things are just 'hollywood' type mistakes, while there are some similarities to 'movie vampires', most of it is wrong, as far as I know the only thing hollywood got right is the fangs part, everything else is wrong.

I asked because you're going around a bunch of different threads (that aren't even remotely related to vampires) saying you met a "REAL vampire"...

you said:
a real vampire, complete with retractable fangs

Now you're saying the retractable fangs are the only thing they had in common with traditional vampires... so, I don't know what "a real vampire, COMPLETE with retractable fangs" means..

you said:
the only thing hollywood got right is the fangs part, everything else is wrong.

Only, you've never met any of them or seen the fangs?

Basically, from what I can gather, you were messaging someone online who claimed to know a real vampire.
And you believe them, because they knew details about you (like a psychic)?

Forgive me, if that sounds like bullshit.

you said:
to think we have it ALL figured out is foolish

It is at least twice as foolish to assume that fictional monsters are real, because of an online con-artist.
Since we've been wrong in the past, that doesn't make us right now. The logic is upside-down.

I've met one as well... and she sensed a spirit following me named John.m my dad's business partner John passed few days before she said that

any strongly held belief or intention will manifest itself into your life and reality, depending on one's skill/experience. (visions of mary/krishna/saints etc)

ritual and spirit work are valid practices for people to experience altered states of perception, or insight/wisdom.

i don't really know a huge amount about voodoo, nor do i feel any drive or pull to practice voodoo myself, but i certainly don't think so highly of myself to judge it or belittle the people that do so.

methamaniac said:
How does the Kevin Bacon masturbation joke go?
My curiosity is peaked.

Birc0014 said:
and where did I post a second Kevin Bacon masterbation joke??

You posted it (the same one) twice.

NSFW:
Erikmen said:
I don´t normally do that, but I actually didn´t wait to see the end. It was such a bad movie, with that solo insipid battery sound all the time and meaningless dialogues. I don´t understand how so many 'good' actors agreed to join in.

Birc0014 said:
probably because these 'good' actors know a 'good' project when they see one

ForEverAfter said:
It really isn't a very good film.

Birc0014 said:
well i enjoyed it and im kind of an expert

Birc0014 said:
I once sent A.O Scott a cell phone video of myself masterbating...he called it gripping, horrifying, and reminicent of Kevin Bacon's oscar worthy performance in Tremors

CarlLandrover said:
In what way are you kind of an expert?

Birc0014 said:
"I once sent A.O Scott a cell phone video of myself masterbating...he called it gripping, horrifying, and reminicent of Kevin Bacon's oscar worthy performance in Tremors"

...etc; etc;

I don't get it.

As for judging people about their beliefs, I think it's important on a harm reduction forum to be the voice of reason occasionally. We don't know what people are on or how suggestible they are. If someone says that 4th dimensional lizard creatures are intrinsically involved in our fate, then I feel obliged to say something.... I'm all for being open and shit, but there has to be a limit.. Doesn't there?

Voodoo is some dark shit, and it isn't real.
If you think it's real, I think you should consider seriously reducing your drug intake.
If that makes me seem like I'm up myself, or judgmental, then so be it.

Last edited: