• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone here ever get clean off dope thru outpatient detox? Tell.me ur experience

HatingThisLife

Bluelighter
Im sooooo ready to get clean again, so sick of living this life of constantly need dope to not be sick. I relapsed 4.5 years ago from undiagnosed post-partum but that has since resolved. When I got clean before I did it cold turkey with nothing but I was also only doing 30s. The withdrawals were manageable for me. These fentdope withdrawals are not. I cannot bear more than 3 days. I dont have time for inpatient rehab bc I have 2 kids and a good job. I feel confident if I could just get thru it I can stay clean. I feel confident I could do that with the right amount of comfort meds. Can u detox thru outpatient that way?

It is definitely achievable, but it's not easy. Expect some level of discomfort and allow a full week for the worst of the detox. Which country are you in? Do you have a good doctor you can talk to about it, who can help you with some scripts?

It is definitely achievable, but it's not easy. Expect some level of discomfort and allow a full week for the worst of the detox. Which country are you in? Do you have a good doctor you can talk to about it, who can help you with some scripts?
Im in the US I have decent health insurance thru my job but I dont have a primary care doctor atm hence askimg about outpatient detox - I dont think I could get a doctor to prescribe the necessary comfort meds for detox. Im worried they will think its "drug seeking," behavior!!!

Im in the US I have decent health insurance thru my job but I dont have a primary care doctor atm hence askimg about outpatient detox - I dont think I could get a doctor to prescribe the necessary comfort meds for detox. Im worried they will think its "drug seeking," behavior!!!
Hmmm yeah, that is a tricky one. Have you looked in to outpatient clinics in your area yet? That might be the way to go, if you've got health insurance.

Someone suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction should never decide to simply try it on their own without medical supervision. I went to Inpatient treatment for two weeks then I did outpatient treatment for 30 days coupled with local AA meetings. My advice to anyone who wants to succeed is to take one day at a time. Don’t think ahead

With a decent doctor who scripts you the right medicine (pregabalin, clonidine, memantine, etc) it's definitely achievable but the real bitch isn't the withdrawal itself which you can pretty much skip with meds but the post-acute stage. Basically the time your brain needs to recover from excessive receptor activation and means just feeling like shit. This always made me relapse in some sort.

Interesting is that dopamine (stimulants, even dopamine agonists like Pramipexole) helps A LOT. Pramipexole, indicated for restless legs (among others) takes the RLS away, so you can rest. Pregabalin help much too, with that I got down from 600mg/d morphine to 120mg/d without any real discomfort. A decent dose of memantine or dextromethorphan helps you over the acute stage and these even help with the post acute phase when steadily maintaining a low dose.

Imho outpatient is better when you have a good doc, because inpatient you get what they have at the moment and that means sometimes shitty doc and shitty medicine. Also in the inpatient settings where I was many were still using / smuggling drugs in etc. so if you're really motivated and get decent scripts I'd try at home first, you can always go inpatient if you feel the need for this setting.

With a decent doctor who scripts you the right medicine (pregabalin, clonidine, memantine, etc) it's definitely achievable but the real bitch isn't the withdrawal itself which you can pretty much skip with meds but the post-acute stage. Basically the time your brain needs to recover from excessive receptor activation and means just feeling like shit. This always made me relapse in some sort.

Interesting is that dopamine (stimulants, even dopamine agonists like Pramipexole) helps A LOT. Pramipexole, indicated for restless legs (among others) takes the RLS away, so you can rest. Pregabalin help much too, with that I got down from 600mg/d morphine to 120mg/d without any real discomfort. A decent dose of memantine or dextromethorphan helps you over the acute stage and these even help with the post acute phase when steadily maintaining a low dose.

Imho outpatient is better when you have a good doc, because inpatient you get what they have at the moment and that means sometimes shitty doc and shitty medicine. Also in the inpatient settings where I was many were still using / smuggling drugs in etc. so if you're really motivated and get decent scripts I'd try at home first, you can always go inpatient if you feel the need for this setting.
Im confident with the right scripts of comfort meds I can do it at home. I cant put my job on hold and I have 2 kids to care for but Im tired of having to dose to not be sick and having to spend all this money to not be sick. Thanks for the feedback! 😄