• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone here can't take stimulants?

I never took stimulants. I mean I think I took an adderall twice in my life but never meth. I was always an anxious person all my life so I self medicated with opies and benzos. The two times I took the adderall I liked the energy it gave me but I also had such anxiety I couldn't enjoy it. I guess I'm glad now that I didn't enjoy them as with my addictive personality they would have ruined me just like nznity said.

Maybe it's a good thing that you can't enjoy them anymore. Not sure what you used to use but maybe your body is telling you something. How old are you?

I never took stimulants. I mean I think I took an adderall twice in my life but never meth. I was always an anxious person all my life so I self medicated with opies and benzos. The two times I took the adderall I liked the energy it gave me but I also had such anxiety I couldn't enjoy it. I guess I'm glad now that I didn't enjoy them as with my addictive personality they would have ruined me just like nznity said.

Maybe it's a good thing that you can't enjoy them anymore. Not sure what you used to use but maybe your body is telling you something. How old are you?
Used meth for a short while, but my habit was with Dexedrine. Im 43 by the way. Even when I was using them before, I relied heavily on Valium. Now Ritalin gives me panic attacks no matter how much benzos I take

Used meth for a short while, but my habit was with Dexedrine. Im 43 by the way. Even when I was using them before, I relied heavily on Valium. Now Ritalin gives me panic attacks no matter how much benzos I take
Just wondered about your age as I noticed certain drugs didn't feel as good as when I was younger. You are still a young man though. Well, you're getting there but still young in my eyes. I'm 63.

Do you take anything else on a regular basis ? Is dexedrine a scripted amp? Do you still crave it?

Ritalin is milder than adderall correct? Did you use to use for energy and focus or ADHD?

Just wondered about your age as I noticed certain drugs didn't feel as good as when I was younger. You are still a young man though. Well, you're getting there but still young in my eyes. I'm 63.

Do you take anything else on a regular basis ? Is dexedrine a scripted amp? Do you still crave it?

Ritalin is milder than adderall correct? Did you use to use for energy and focus or ADHD?
Dexedrine is prescribed for my ADHD, but the doctor said that apparently I couldn't take stimulants anymore. New doc is making a lot of changes to my meds, had to take a month off work. I'm prescribed the following:

- 450 mg Wellbutrin "replacing 20 mg Cipralex"
- Went off Dexedrine, replaced by Ritalin first, then stopped Ritalin after 3 days only as I couldn't take the anxiety
- 200 mg Tegretol, down from 400 mg
- 100 mg Seroquel, down from 150 mg
- 10 mg Abilify
- Blood pressure medication
- 8 mg Valium, down from 10 mg

I do miss the energy and focus from Dexedrine, but the anxiety is not worth it. Doc is weaning me off the Valium "I do have a history of abuse".

I have at least one full blown panic attack on a daily basis. I have no idea how I'm gonna get back to work in a week. Doc won't increase my Valium or give me another benzo. My sleep pattern has been shitty the past 3 nights; a problem that I have not had in like 5 years.

I also can't smoke pot anymore, even though that I was a pothead for almost 25 years
Honestly, sounds like it may be hormonal if you are a male and age 40+. Though obviously other factors like heavy stress are also likely causes.

It's definitely worth going to get tested. Something very common I seem to hear people who have/had low-T say is that they started getting a lot of anxiety - particularly from cannabis and other drugs. The YouTuber PsychedSubstance is a well-known figure in the psychedelic & harm reduction communities who started moderate-dose TRT after struggling with what turned out to be a kratom-induced extreme testosterone-deficit (if you are using/have frequently used certain opioids that lower hormone levels, than a testosterone deficit is extremely likely), and in a few recent videos he's talked about experiencing this in the months/years prior to him being on TRT.

Magnesium and L-Theanine can help with anxiety, but unless you have ADHD or another reason requiring you to take stimulants, I’d just avoid them completely.

Last edited:
I also can't smoke pot anymore, even though that I was a pothead for almost 25 years
I smoked pot all my adult life as well. I still smoke. but only occasionally. And when i do smoke we are talking a couple of puffs. It does the same to me now most of the time. I overthink things, get nervous about the things I think about, tend to make them more serious than they really are, and it's like a loop of worry or something. That's it....I'm not anxious per se........more like I'm needlessly worried.

When I'm not stoned the thoughts don't cross my mind at all. Usually they are negative thoughts too about the past or something and we certainly can't do anything about that. So yeah. I use it but very lightly and only when I'm already doing something ( like cleaning, cooking, walking the dog ). I don't like to sit idle and get high. Talking with someone you just smoked with can be fun but I don't have any friends that still smoke.

Even though I used to be a user, I see to have lost the ability to take them due to anxiety. Does anyone have a similar problem?
Yes, I have to be drinking or on a benzo,
If a do adderal I break a 30 into 4s and sniff them, anxiety sux get it all the time

Honestly, sounds like it may be hormonal if you are a male and age 40+. Though obviously other factors like heavy stress are also likely causes.

It's definitely worth going to get tested. Something very common I seem to hear people who have/had low-T say is that they started getting a lot of anxiety - particularly from cannabis and other drugs. The YouTuber PsychedSubstance is a well-known figure in the psychedelic & harm reduction communities who started moderate-dose TRT after struggling with what turned out to be a kratom-induced extreme testosterone-deficit (if you are using/have frequently used certain opioids that lower hormone levels, than a testosterone deficit is extremely likely), and in a few recent videos he's talked about experiencing this in the months/years prior to him being on TRT.

Magnesium and L-Theanine can help with anxiety, but unless you have ADHD or another reason requiring you to take stimulants, I’d just avoid them completely.
My last physical actually revealed very low testosterone levels for my age. Doc told me to lose belly fat and they should go back to normal. I didn't tell him about my previous opioid habit or the fact that I had used anabolic steroids in my 20's, I did not want to tell him and shut the door to a TRT if you know what I mean.

I cant, i have to drink so much to get rid of that feeling(years ago like 30), so for me whats the point? I so called microdosed, didnt feel anything took more, felt nothing, but dark thoughts(i was ill) i just wanted energy , to feel something, my hook up told me i didnt take enough and needed to smoke it, to hell with that, why feel uncomfortable and keep microdosing. fiending wanting an up like feeling to get energized and just sit there guilty and odd thoughts, glad it happened cause i want no part of it and never did, just tired of being tired, but those shards were shit for me, if a drug doesnt feel good, i dont see the point, but now i can say i tried it and am not missing a thing

My last physical actually revealed very low testosterone levels for my age. Doc told me to lose belly fat and they should go back to normal. I didn't tell him about my previous opioid habit or the fact that I had used anabolic steroids in my 20's, I did not want to tell him and shut the door to a TRT if you know what I mean.
Very glad to hear that you’re clean from both of those.

It does make sense as to why you’d have very low T and why you’d thus be having issues like increased anxiety. Other things like low energy, low sex drive, mild depression, etc are likely - but not definitely - related.

Belly fat is as much a symptom of low T as a cause of it. Hitting the gym a few times a week and trying to get daily exercise + getting on a decent diet could help and result in your T levels slowly normalizing, but odds are you will probably end up needing TRT. Maybe give it 6 months of doing everything you can to naturally raise your T levels (Getting good sleep, weightlifting, eating well and the right amount for your target weight, meditating daily, going for a walk/run/bike ride daily, etc.) and then re-evaluate.

Hope you are doing well,
arrall

Very glad to hear that you’re clean from both of those.

It does make sense as to why you’d have very low T and why you’d thus be having issues like increased anxiety. Other things like low energy, low sex drive, mild depression, etc are likely - but not definitely - related.

Belly fat is as much a symptom of low T as a cause of it. Hitting the gym a few times a week and trying to get daily exercise + getting on a decent diet could help and result in your T levels slowly normalizing, but odds are you will probably end up needing TRT. Maybe give it 6 months of doing everything you can to naturally raise your T levels (Getting good sleep, weightlifting, eating well and the right amount for your target weight, meditating daily, going for a walk/run/bike ride daily, etc.) and then re-evaluate.

Hope you are doing well,
arrall
Your input is highly appreciated. I just wanted to say that it's easier said than done in my case. Im currently on a strict diet, as for exercise, anything that raises my heart rate sends me instantly into a panic attack, and that's why I don't exercise these days.

Me. There are quite a few substances I've had to cross off my list over the years, including stimulants, weed, and alcohol. Psychedelics, benzos, opiates are all still okay, the latter two I tend to abuse like an absolute fiend though so they are best avoided.
So it's pretty much just acid and shrooms for me now, which I am happy with 🥰
I do really really miss MDMA though :( 💔

I have ADHD bad. Ive had to go thru bladder and bowel retraining about every six months while growing up because I wouldnt completely empty or sit still long enough to take a good poop. It's been debilitating in a lot of areas of my life. I use to just be amazed at people who could maintsin structure and routine in their life. I yearned for that so much. Life often felt equivalent to trying to walk on a speeding bus. The first time I took adderall it was like the bus finally slowed down long enough for me to get to decide what seat I wanted to sit down in instead of jumping in the first one I could. But it wasnt long before I found out that I just couldnt take it. Idc what anyone says...both adderall and meth come thru my skin in ways that fuck me all up. Adderall done it just as bad as the few times Ive tried meth. It's like the whole texture of my skin changes and it feels like plastic then it breaks out in scratch marks that look just like a cats scratched me. I hurt all over like pieces of plastic are trying to come thru my skin. It's like it starts in my muscles. Its not apart of any kind of psychosis either. I can even smell it. Must just be how my system breaks it down. I just cant take them

This is good advice but it won't work due to the steroid use. I would know because I also used them in my 20s. And I have waited much longer than 6 months. See how pathetic you feel going over a year without getting any erections that weren't the result of smoking meth. I literally had to flood my brain with massive amounts of dopamine in order to feel aroused.

I prefer the term HRT since testosterone isn't the only hormone that can help. There is a DHT based steroid called Proviron (Mesterolone) that is very very good and easy on the body. DHT is more important than test anyways.

He should consider putting himself on HRT since many doctors come up with terrible protocols which involve gels or infrequent injections that cause blood levels to be all over the place constantly messing with guys emotions.
Fair enough, I’m 18 and haven’t used steroids so I forget how permanent their damaging effects are for former/current users. Even without the past steroid use, I think the odds of the testosterone going up just from exercise wouldn’t be too high (maybe around 50/50.)

I have also heard that most doctors are pretty bad with TRT protocols. I’d suggest @Parabolan watch some of the videos on the YouTube channel MorePlateMoreDates since he seems more knowledgeable about safe TRT/HRT/steroid use than anyone else on the internet. From there, he can choose to acquire the HRT from a doctor and use the knowledge he’s gained to ensure he is on a good protocol, or acquire the hormone products from another source.